News Ralek Gracie Announces: Genzai Freestyle Fighting, an Openweight Grand Prix

Just Bleed - Who Cares - Fekkin Illegal

• Total voters
It's good. Openweight is purity. That's what true martial arts is about.

I am also beyond glad that they are staying away from the "mixed martial arts" label. Always hated that nomenclature and now that "MMA" has been irreversibly linked with the bastardized, sanitized version of what we have now over what it once was, I hate it even more.

Vale Tudo/free style fighting/NHB is what it is.

How in the hell does anyone trust him enough to do business with him?

Im in...but there should probably be some confirmation of the money beforehand...

Imagine going through that and not getting paid..

That said id likely buy that PPV just to support the idea...its an interesting hybrid look at NHB and MMA trying to blend the two

I'm in!

I always had a thought that someone should promote fighting without rounds.

Rounds are stupid and fights shouldn't have them.

<{JustBleed}>

I think he tried to sign those BJJ practicioners to an exclusive contract. They refused and people started to avoid it... Eventually closing the promotion...

That's what i believe it happened.
The last time i saw it it looked like some shady cambodian snuff film or something. There was no audience and weird those weird ritualistic drums. No wonder that shit went under, he really messed that up, lol

It's funny this idea is going around. I had just been talking about wishing for old school NHB type tournament. I want strong men and guys from various styles in it.

Can relek even afford bob saps fee of either i KO him in 1 minute or I flop to the floor and tap out even if nothing landed

Last edited:
So by "freestyle" we aren't talking about Ralek spitting mad bars?

<5>

"Considering he had to use a bolt cutter to get into the academy, he's also a G without a key"

tenor.gif

Hope they do these fights in indian reservations so no comissions can come and do stupid fucking anti-doping tests .

If a Gracie is involved, better to stay away. As far as possible.

Anything ever come of this?
Bumping it up because this got everyone excited

was this another gracie scam? its beens months since the last announcement

Anything ever come of this?
Bumping it up because this got everyone excited

was this another gracie scam? its beens months since the last announcement
Thanks for bumping this. I was gone when this thread was made, knew nothing about it. I love this as an alternative to the normal MMA we get. Hope this takes off. Also hope it actually happens.

Looks like they are publishing a magazine that will have a lot of interesting martial arts articles from the world over. Also have a YouTube channel with a few nice vids.

Slipped my mind as well.

Hopefully more info will trickle along soon.
They must be looking for legit martial artists and not just random fighters. I think their site said they want 64 fighters, so perhaps they are taking their scouting seriously (the alternative is that maybe no one is signing up). They have a vid on their YouTube channel of a guy doing drunken style Shaolin kung fu. Would be interesting to see fighters with different disciplines than we're used to seeing test themselves. I know we have it in our heads that we get the same styles over and over bc MMA uses what works and let's go of what doesn't, but what if the rules allow for things that MMA as we know it doesn't? Aikido and whatnot. They say that their rules are "very few holds barred." Intriguing. Perhaps with less rules disciplines that don't work in standard MMA have a bit more success? Not necessarily, but it is an interesting thought.

Last edited:
Perhaps with less rules disciplines that don't work in standard MMA have a bit more success? Not necessarily, but it is an interesting thought.

Well they will either look like "Fu" dudes who get stomped on YouTube or make some eyes open.

Either way if it's not over the top cost wise I'd love to tune in.

Back