Raider Nation v27: Sorry Jack, Chucky's Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
So because he knows the DC he gets a pass? If he was a few years younger and hasnt lose a step or two then fine, but that's not the case.

Meanwhile Bowman still unsigned.
You didnt answer the question. He needs to play better, and he has many times over. Just like everyone else.

Bowman was given an offer. Hes trying to find more $ elsewhere.

You didnt answer the question. He needs to play better, and he has many times over. Just like everyone else.

Bowman was given an offer. Hes trying to find more $ elsewhere.

What was your question, about the pass? if he was a few years younger and hadn't lost a step then fine, but that's not the case. Nelson had a below average year cause he has slowed down.
I'm Nelson ends up starting over Obi we all should be concerned.

I heard the same about Bowman. He's hoping someone goes down in anyone's training camp so he can cash in

What was your question, about the pass? if he was a few years younger and hadn't lost a step then fine, but that's not the case. Nelson had a below average year cause he has slowed down.
I'm Nelson ends up starting over Obi we all should be concerned.

I heard the same about Bowman. He's hoping someone goes down in anyone's training camp so he can cash in
Meh. Not going to write someone off when all of them were absolute shit. I dont count on him being the starter either.

Im going to freak the fuck out if it isnt Smith or Edmunds drafted. I try not to get wrapped up in drafts because we really dont know shit about shit, but this will send me into a rampage.

Meh. Not going to write someone off when all of them were absolute shit. I dont count on him being the starter either.

Im going to freak the fuck out if it isnt Smith or Edmunds drafted. I try not to get wrapped up in drafts because we really dont know shit about shit, but this will send me into a rampage.

LB would be the sexier choice but i really would like a stud DT. Sure we be nice to have another guy on the line that opposing teams need to account for.

LB would be the sexier choice but i really would like a stud DT. Sure we be nice to have another guy on the line that opposing teams need to account for.
DT is a really deep class though.

These two are day one starting LBs.

DT is a really deep class though.

These two are day one starting LBs.

So was Rolando. Hopefully these two kids have their shit together and are not head cases

So was Rolando. Hopefully these two kids have their shit together and are not head cases
Regarding Rolando I don't think you should let one bad mistake cloud your judgement regarding future decisions.

It's like just because the last stripper you dated turned out to be a psycho that doesn't mean you should automatically stop dating strippers, come on man.

Regarding Rolando I don't think you should let one bad mistake cloud your judgement regarding future decisions.

It's like just because the last stripper you dated turned out to be a psycho that doesn't mean you should automatically stop dating strippers, come on man.

Good LBs are tough to find, especially in the draft. Not only does a LB need all the physicals he also needs to have it mentally. LB is your field general, he's reading the offense, calling the audibles, he needs to be smart.

I'm not sour cause of Rolando, I just think DT is a safer bet. Get that guy in the middle that can get that push would help free up Mack.

There it is.
At this point in time, the role Reggie plays now is a little different than the role he played with Jack (Del Rio), a little different than his role working with Dennis (Allen). It evolves. He has built the team to where we are now, and we’re in pretty good shape with the cap and everything else. Now he has a head coach who’s going to be running this thing for the next ten years. His vision is going to be most important building what type of team we’ve got. That vision, and that direction is going to be helpful to Reggie more so than not. I think they’ll work together very well.”

McKenzie, it sounds like, has a familiar role, but final say on roster decisions seem to belong to Gruden.

“Jon’s the head coach and he’s going to be here a while, so it’s important that he gets the players he wants and builds a team he wants to build.”

Will be the oldest team in the league come week one. Gruden loves his veterans

Looks like they're about to get older. Lol

Puo posted the Nelson signing a few posts back, not a fan of that

Leon hall???? Wtf

Is Guens D that fucking complicated we need his old ex players out there to help teach it? My god

I’m expecting Ricky Dudley to be signed this week to help teach Grudens offense

Really want to see Bowman retained. There's a good analysis here that breaks down R. Smith's game. Short version if you can keep blockers off of him he'll make a ton of tackles and he has insane range for a LB. On the other hand he gets eaten up by blockers and there's plenty of tape of him getting pushed 20 yards down the field.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com...mith-says-he-could-be-in-for-draft-day-tumble

Of course it's just one dude's opinion but that seems like a solid breakdown. Guy seems to think that T. Edmunds is the man in this comparison. It's going to be an interesting draft, lots of good choices and hard to tell how it's going to fall. I'd love to see Denver pick Allen at #5 and for him to suck really really bad.

Really want to see Bowman retained. There's a good analysis here that breaks down R. Smith's game. Short version if you can keep blockers off of him he'll make a ton of tackles and he has insane range for a LB. On the other hand he gets eaten up by blockers and there's plenty of tape of him getting pushed 20 yards down the field.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com...mith-says-he-could-be-in-for-draft-day-tumble

Of course it's just one dude's opinion but that seems like a solid breakdown. Guy seems to think that T. Edmunds is the man in this comparison. It's going to be an interesting draft, lots of good choices and hard to tell how it's going to fall. I'd love to see Denver pick Allen at #5 and for him to suck really really bad.

Trumaine has great size. I don't think SF lets him past their pick.

Allen to Denver would be priceless. I don't think he will pan out in the NFL beyond a Jay Shroeder type at best.

Edit-Fucking hell Smith gets eaten up by blocks.

Last edited:

Edmunds and Smith are really different players. Edmunds can shed a block better but he isnt reading plays like Smith.

DT is gonna be the pick boys so let's stop debating the LBs.

DT is gonna be the pick boys so let's stop debating the LBs.

Idk, I'd be willing to put DE on the table too. Mack and Baby Reggie are the main guys for now but management has to plan for life after Irvin being that he is 31.

And who are the depth guys now?

MEJ - always hurt
Tank Carradine - meh
Jihad Ward and Shilique Calhoun -
<DisgustingHHH>

I know Chubb won't fall to 9 guaranteed, so forget that. But there is this Davenport kid from UTSA that intrigues me. He's not as much of a project player as Calhoun and Ward so it wouldn't jump out as much of a WTF pick like the other two. He'd definitely be that 3rd DE that the defense has been looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back