Raider Nation v17: AC/DC era has arrived

Bad attitude and out of shape is what I've heard. Ill trust Jack and Norton on this one. It's not like we have DA's for coaches, we have real nfl coaches
Attitude has to be the main reason, he was still working his way back into football shape after being injured. Either way I'm still disappointed.

As for Hayden if he was on any other team he would be gone, they banked on him turning the corner along with McGill taking the next step. Safe to say next year money will be dropped on the position/high draft pick spent.

I say OL first next year

I dont know who we'll pick but I think we can all agree he'll be off the team in 3 years

Ponder expected to be cut, not really a surprise as McGloin looked much better.

a lot of raider fans overrate sio.. lets see how he does post surgery

Nah. Hes a good player.

He rushed the passer 62 times generating 18 pressures (3 sacks, 3 hits, 12 hurries). Thats 17% of his total plays he rushed the passer. 18 out of 62 is impressive...its also the 4th highest total number of hurries, only behind Von Miller, Mack, and Irvin..all of whom are high volume rushers. For comparison, Mack rushed 439 times, which was 85.4% of pass plays, and generated 54 total pressures. Von Miller had 485 rushes, 81% of the time, and compiled 71 total pressures. I did a quick comparison with 3-4 OLBs as well, and Sio would still be ranked 4th in "pass rush productivity" if you add them as well. Although its hard to make any other comparisons because those 3-4 OLBs are all high volume rushers. Theres about 12 3-4 OLBs who rushed on a higher percentage of plays than Khalil Mack. If you consider all linebackers, Mack is roughly 7th in total pressures behind Houston, Kerrigan, McPhee, Suggs, Dumeville, and Von. (3 guys on fucking baltimore, wow). Like I said its not a fair comparison as most of those guys are rushing 90+% of the time and Mack was a rookie lol. What does this mean for Sio? That Sio Moore doesn't rush a whole lot, but when he does, he's very good and likely to make an impact.

Stop %", the percentage of run plays where that player was responsible for the stop. Out of 42 4-3 OLBs who played at least 25% of snaps, Sio was rated the 4th highest with 12%, Mack was 11th with 10.2%. It doesn't factor in double teams or simply running away form his side. They both also had 8 missed tackles, which makes em tied for 4th most. If you add in 3-4 OLB's as well, Sio would still be rated 4th and Mack would be rated 14th....out of a total of 88 LBs. In comparison, Von Millers rating was 7.2 which would rank him 29th among 4-3 OLBs, and 38th among all outside linebackers. The top-3 OLBs were: Justin Durant, DeAndre Levy, and Lavonte David.

Raiders fans like Sio Moore because he just had that Raider type attitude. Even when the team was very much at the bottom he was proud of the silver and black. Plus when healthy he played well and was a fun player to watch.

My friend is at a restaurant in Alameda right now and Del Rio is there
Trying to pump her up to go harass him about sio

Just saw the news about Sio, fuckin bullshit is my first reaction. Sio and Mack fed off each other when playing, I thought that was a positive thing between our defensive squad.

Traded for a 6th round pick? You've got to be kidding me. Unless you package that 6th rnd to go up in the draft I think that's terrible trade. Never know if that hip was shot to shit but I Don't Like It!!!

Lucky we got anything for him the day before cuts.

Nope. Bullshit trade barring proof that his hip wont be the same, and by all accounts he is ready to go. Fuck them for this.

Nope. Bullshit trade barring proof that his hip wont be the same, and by all accounts he is ready to go. Fuck them for this.

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors. Apparent bad attitude and bad play should guarantee a guy a roster spot, what message does that send to the rest of the team.

I will say that even with his recent bad play he is better than Ray Ray though

Back