• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic: The great rivalry

Novak moves on. It's hilarious that it's 2024 and people are still falling for Novak's injury nonsense.

It moved the betting line this time much more than normal. The odds were almost 50:50 even when he was up 1:0 in sets, which is almost unheard of.

It moved the betting line this time much more than normal. The odds were almost 50:50 even when he was up 1:0 in sets, which is almost unheard of.

Eh, age and coming off a five-setter probably led people to believe it was more than it was. Even when he was "limping" in the fourth set you knew it was the same old story.

Guy magically goes from being devastatingly injured to running everything down after four hours of play. Lol. I don't think there will ever be a time where I'd believe he's actually injured.

Fritz's results have slowly been improving but I think he's close to hitting his ceiling. It's just too difficult for him to win a slam. The US has a few really good players hovering around the top 10 but it's so hard to break in and sustain it.

Eh, age and coming off a five-setter probably led people to believe it was more than it was. Even when he was "limping" in the fourth set you knew it was the same old story.

Guy magically goes from being devastatingly injured to running everything down after four hours of play. Lol. I don't think there will ever be a time where I'd believe he's actually injured.

He just withdrew from the tournament.

Fritz's results have slowly been improving but I think he's close to hitting his ceiling. It's just too difficult for him to win a slam. The US has a few really good players hovering around the top 10 but it's so hard to break in and sustain it.

He just always looks overwhelmed whenever he faces top competition in a major. He’ll need some top guys to get upset if he ever wins one. Shelton is our best hope going forward lol.

The only time you know it might be genuine is if he calls it a day. Hope he recovers quickly.

Congrats to Sinner on new world number 1 (and Italy's first ever number 1).

The Fritz one at AO was obviously genuine. He took that time out after winning the 2nd set to go up 2-0. It was just a muscle tear and he could continue to play with painkillers.

This time it was on serve in the 2nd after winning the 1st set 6-1.

You don't randomly take an injury time out when you're cruising through a match and visibly grimace in pain just for fun.

The Fritz one at AO was obviously genuine. He took that time out after winning the 2nd set to go up 2-0. It was just a muscle tear and he could continue to play with painkillers.

This time it was on serve in the 2nd after winning the 1st set 6-1.

You don't randomly take an injury time out when you're cruising through a match and visibly grimace in pain just for fun.

He's taken so many medica time-outs over the years at various times. It's impossible to know what's actually serious and what's minor. There's a reason why everyone, including fellow players, makes fun of him.

Any time I see him looking like he's going to collapse, limping, or praying to the sky I'll laugh as usual. If he actually withdraws then I'll assume it was genuine.

He's taken so many medica time-outs over the years at various times. It's impossible to know what's actually serious and what's minor. There's a reason why everyone, including fellow players, makes fun of him.

Any time I see him looking like he's going to collapse, limping, or praying to the sky I'll laugh as usual. If he actually withdraws then I'll assume it was genuine.

The contextual factors (cruising up until that point, start losing after) help a lot with that. Didn't you call yourself a Novak fan? lol.

The contextual factors (winning up until that point, start losing after) help a lot with that. Didn't you call yourself a Novak fan? lol.

The contextual factors of magically playing better and winning matches after pretending like he's going to die numerous times over the years don't help a lot. Would you have been surprised if he looked perfectly fine the rest of the tournament?

Of course I'm a fan. You can be objective and make fun of everyone for things they do. What would you like me to make fun of someone else for?

The contextual factors of magically playing better and winning matches after pretending like he's going to die numerous times over the years don't help a lot.

Of course I'm a fan. You can be objective and make fun of everyone for things they do. What would you like me to make fun of someone else for?

I suppose you can be objective and just bad at making inferences. Like I said, it moved the betting line a lot more than normal for a reason.

I suppose you can be objective and just bad at making inferences. Like I said, it moved the betting line a lot more than normal for a reason.

Well, you can be objective and extremely gullible. Let me guess, prayers for every time he rubs his tummy?

He just always looks overwhelmed whenever he faces top competition in a major. He’ll need some top guys to get upset if he ever wins one. Shelton is our best hope going forward lol.

There's a young kid named Alex Michelsen who's 19 and just hit #60. He's shot up the rankings pretty quickly. Hard to say how good he'll be. I think he'll struggle with the physicality but he could end up being decent.

He beat Fritz a few weeks ago.

A trip down memory lane...

Lol at being upset that people don't just automatically believe Novak's injuries or their severity.

<36>

It is not that hard to admit that the take was premature.

It is not that hard to admit that the take was premature.

There will never be a time where I actually take Novak's injury seriously unless he retires/withdraws. I don't care when it happens or how bad he looks. I will also make jokes about his timeouts/injuries/issues because, frankly, it's hilarious and he's the reason they exist.

Is he injured? Yes, it sounds like it. Does it change anything in terms of believing him in the future? Nope.

Back