Economy "Radical" Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Lol at people actually liking her crazy ideas she’s Sarah Palin 2.0. The country economics is way different then when they were taxed that high. Do all the research and variables about them and now present those stats. Don’t throw a wrench in the engine crazy lady.

Surely the large oil companies will just allow that to happen...

surely!

Why not have a president with such progressive views? Maybe not her specifically, but it would be a lot better than the usual crooks we elect.

I don't disagree with some new blood in the Oval Office . . . just not her.

I applaud her for having a vision, goals, and being optimistic...

however, I believe that a lot of her ideas are incredibly unrealistic...

that could just be the cynic in me.

I like AOC if purely for the fact that she's willing to put her neck out for ambitious goals she truly believes in- not goals she's paid to push for. Everyone should respect that.

So I hope she gains traction because we need to get off of fossil fuels, crush the health insurance/pharma lobby, and create a green new deal to revitalize our middle class.

I'm all for improving various technology to cut down on carbon emissions, etc. But she seriously wants to do away with use of fossil fuels within 12 years?

Then a 60-70% tax rate on some portion of 10 million of income?

She's off her rocker, her economic policies are shit! I really hope this is just hyperbole.

Not yet. With the proper funding I’m sure American ingenuity will figure it out

Power density just isn't there unless there's some sort of new material discovered to make entirely different batteries out of

12 years til no more fossil fuels? So she'll force low income folk driving 15 year old beaters to work to pony up 40k for an electric?

Power density just isn't there unless there's some sort of new material discovered to make entirely different batteries out of

12 years til no more fossil fuels? So she'll force low income folk driving 15 year old beaters to work to pony up 40k for an electric?

Maybe make electric cars cheaper? I’m not saying it’s going to happen in 12 years but nothing wrong with having goals

I don't see how this plan increases my standard of living. How it gets me more and better stuff for cheaper.

She's a kook and the scary thing is is that she's offering spoiled millenials everything for free.

Then a 60-70% tax rate on some portion of 10 million of income?

Do you realize the top marginal rate was over 70% from the 1930's through to 1980? It was as high as 94% during that period. (You also might want to take a look at the growth and robustness of the American middle class during this same time frame.)

AOC's is far from a "radical" proposal on this issue.

(Side note: Her fossil fuel proposal is "radical" according to the traditionally recognized definition of that word. Not that that has any basis at all on how right or wrong it may be.)

Even if every car manufacturer started today strictly producing electric vehicles they couldn't replace every gas vehicle in 12 years.

So clearly there would be some sort of waiver program in place.

I applaud her for having a vision, goals, and being optimistic...

however, I believe that a lot of her ideas are incredibly unrealistic...

that could just be the cynic in me.
Of course its unrealistic but its offering spoiled, entitled, lazy millenials free everything. Thats what makes it scary.

She's a kook and the scary thing is is that she's offering spoiled millenials everything for free.
The same spoiled millennials who inherited the worst financial disaster, worst wealth inequality, and worst state of entry level jobs in 80 years? Combine that with skyrocketing tuition, medical expenses, and rent and millennials have had more shit on their plates at 18 than boomers had in their lives

You're the kook.

Do you realize the top marginal rate was over 70% from the 1930's through to 1980? It was as high as 94% during that period. (You also might want to take a look at the growth and robustness of the American middle class during this same time frame.)

AOC's is far from a "radical" proposal on this issue.

(Side note: Her fossil fuel proposal is "radical" according to the traditionally recognized definition of that word. Not that that has any basis at all on how right or wrong it may be.)

Did you watch the video? She's calling herself a radical after claiming Lincoln and FDR took "radical" steps to implement change in the US.

Did you watch the video? She's calling herself a radical after claiming Lincoln and FDR took "radical" steps to implement change in the US.

I admit I did not watch the video in the OP.

I made the mistake of watching the Boston college dancing video of AOC yesterday and now find it difficult to even look at her or hear her voice. Because I am so fucking jealous of the incredibly, incredibly fortunate man who is going to end up marrying this smart, sexy, cool, compassionate and principled woman one day.

Back when America was Great that was the tax rate for the rich.

Back