• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Racial "activist" NFL player Davis apologizes for anti-Asian slur

Oh No @Kandyland you pissed him off. LoL!!
Good and honest people acting in good faith tend to get pissed off when bad faith actors disparage them and try to turn things around on them in a dishonest and disingenuous way. Go figure!

Good and honest people acting in good faith tend to get pissed off when bad faith actors disparage them and try to turn things around on them in a dishonest and disingenuous way. Go figure!
I agree if this guy was white you would condemning him. Did it piss you off when Mike perry used the N word? Be totally honest.

I agree if this guy was white you would condemning him. Did it piss you off when Mike perry used the N word? Be totally honest.
I never even reacted to that on here. I didn't have a particularly strong reaction to it either way. Context is key. Obviously someone using it as slang (as misguided as it may be) isn't as offensive as someone using it as a slur. Personally, I don't use that word and don't like to be called it. The only people who currently call me that is my mother and my brother. I've had friends/acquaintances of all races call me that. I grew up in the 90s when things were different. It always hit different when people used it as a slur. Damn near brought me to tears some times. But I'm an almost middle aged man now. I try not to let things people say get to me and they usually don't.

you have to admit that there is a striking and very clear double standard folks on the left (like WPEM @Loiosh ) employ when there is any racial attacks, or racial animus based off the race of the aggressor, and the victim.

Here, this dude says something clearly racially explicit...and yea, maybe he meant it towards Haitians...or like the "n -word."

but would you give a white person that benefit of the doubt?

I mean, I mentioned this before but take a look at the attacks on Asian thread. there are only like 5 left leaning posters who have commented on that thread. the rest of you have just been ignoring it because many of the attacks have been by other POC.

now take a look at the Huckabee thread. you guys are freaking out for a stupid tweet.

Fuck you too, bitch!
Fuck you ya Piece of shit. Everything you wrote made yourself look more and more stupid and racist. It doesn’t matter what your interpretation of the word means OR what it means in Florida and it’s no different than using the N word so shut your fucking mouth.

I never even reacted to that on here. I didn't have a particularly strong reaction to it either way. Context is key. Obviously someone using it as slang (as misguided as it may be) isn't as offensive as someone using it as a slur. Personally, I don't use that word and don't like to be called it. The only people who currently call me that is my mother and my brother. I've had friends/acquaintances of all races call me that. I grew up in the 90s when things were different. It always hit different when people used it as a slur. Damn near brought me to tears some times. But I'm an almost middle aged man now. I try not to let things people say get to me and they usually don't.
So you would be ok if some white guy said the N word then.

Fuck you ya Piece of shit. Everything you wrote made yourself look more and more stupid and racist. It doesn’t matter what your interpretation of the word means OR what it means in Florida and it’s no different than using the N word so shut your fucking mouth.
Oh look, another person who's ostensibly against baseless accusations of racism is making baseless accusations of racism. Blow me, you hypocritical cocksucker!

Oh look, another person who's ostensibly against baseless accusations of racism is making baseless accusations of racism. Blow me, you hypocritical cocksucker!
Blow me...you sure you aren’t Kevin Durant? Or is that just where your little pea brain automatically goes when you realize you’re a fucking idiot. You got nothing to say to the Asian guy that put you in your place and told you not to comment on shit you don’t know about. So again fuck you you racist pig.

The only thing i got from that tweet is that Davis is racist against Asian people.

He was referring to Asian people in so obviously a derogatory way one would have to be a gold medal olympic mental gymnast in order to not see that.

Replace the g word with the n word and tell me how ok it is. Both are racial insults.

Why would he use an Asian slur to attack a black man if he KNEW it was an Asian slur?

I think he's guilty of being ignorant and not watching enough Vietnam era war movies, but that's about it.

you have to admit that there is a striking and very clear double standard folks on the left (like WPEM @Loiosh ) employ when there is any racial attacks, or racial animus based off the race of the aggressor, and the victim.

Here, this dude says something clearly racially explicit...and yea, maybe he meant it towards Haitians...or like the "n -word."

but would you give a white person that benefit of the doubt?

I mean, I mentioned this before but take a look at the attacks on Asian thread. there are only like 5 left leaning posters who have commented on that thread. the rest of you have just been ignoring it because many of the attacks have been by other POC.

now take a look at the Huckabee thread. you guys are freaking out for a stupid tweet.
Look, I appreciate that you're being genuine at least. There are double standards on BOTH sides. I try to rise above them and find genuine truths and solutions.

I disagree about @Loiosh, in my interactions with him, he comes across as an intelligent and honest poster.

I never put race into the equation. I was ready to ridicule him until I looked into the matter. It's South Florida slang. There are Latinos and even whites apparently who use it that way. It's unfortunate that it's also a racial slur. I think they should stop using the slang, just like Davis himself has. Hopefully they can follow his example, but these things don't just go away overnight...

I'm 100% against the attacks on Asian Americans. I also dislike how the right has highlighted ones that were committed by blacks and is using it as a wedge issue between the two communities. I typically try to avoid racialized threads here because I find a lot of the right-wing posts in them to be ignorant and uncalled for. In hindsight, I perhaps should have avoided this one too, but I was able to make some decent arguments earlier until people started flaming me and I got pissed off because that's not what I came into the thread for.

Why would he use an Asian slur to attack a black man if he KNEW it was an Asian slur?

I think he's guilty of being ignorant and not watching enough Vietnam era war movies, but that's about it.
I live on the Far East coast of Canada and I have known that as a racist term since I was 5-6 years old and hardly any Asian people lived around me. But I guess the saying is true. Ignorance is bliss.

LOL. I'm sure you can find countless examples.

at least I'm not a self loathing cuck, who over looks atrocious behavior contingent on the races of the individuals involved.

LOL @ this WPEM

Nyet.

I don't care who they are, an action is an action. Context matters in understanding the why, but should rarely make a difference when acting on the what. Just what atrocious behavior have I ever overlooked based on literally any criteria?

And I'm not self-loathing, I'm a pretty hoppy frood.

Dude, he was literally referring to another black guy who's a hip hop producer and grew up in the same area in South Florida where it's a slang term which means lame or weird.

http://citrusrap.com/blog/2016/09/09/denzel-curry-gook-video/

This is from 2016, the Urban Dictionary definition is from 2017, there's corroborating evidence of how it's used in South Florida in a non racist or racial way.
Ok perhaps you're right. I guess I'm just sick of anything a white person says being blown up to catastrophic levels when someone of another race can say the same thing verbatim and apparently it isn't as bad. Tom Hanks kid got shit on for saying its gonna be a white boy summer. I have no idea what a white boy summer is but to define that as racist or having hateful intent is just absurd. There's genuinely people who think what Hanks' kid says was worse than what Davis said.

I know you're no SJW Jackie, you're a cool guy and generally pretty neutral on most issues so no hard feelings on this one eh.

Is that what you got out of that?

{<hhh]
If a person grew up in the hood, he or she is allowed a pass from someone like you. Got it, now where cool. By the way I grew up in the hood too would you give me a pass too?

Only a few are paid for their brains. Tbs Barkley and many others are quite reasonable. This Carlton dipshit is just being trendy, following the fad.

My takeaway from Carlton's response was that if you use the N-word but are directing it against a specific black person it's not sufficient grounds to label you a racist.

Depends on the context of said N-word in your local geographic region.

<seedat>

I don't really understand the Meyers Leonard comparison. Dude was a really bad player who got moved to a team that was rotating young bigs and didn't need him. Wasn't there a white NFL player that used the N word, apologized and played for multiple seasons? This idea that this person is being held to a lower standard is strange to me. He apologized and explained his motives.

Back