• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

R.I.P. Akira Toriyama - maker of Dragonball

Best tribute I’ve seen

Toriyama is one of the people 'your favourite authors favourite author' is reserved for.

Rest in peace. Gotta imagine JUMP will have something dedicated to him soon.

King of manga isnt enough, that man is king of ficiton: be it games, animes or mangas.

Most of you dont realize how much this man has done for the entertainment indstury.
Never forget.

MV5BYTUyNjZkMjEtYmQ5OS00NzljLThiMmQtNWIwNTM1YjUyOWNjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI0MzA4NTgw._V1_.jpg

Im too lazy for an essay but some things: without Toriyama no Mario, no Pikachu or literally any other JRPG.

Dont even get me started with mangakas known for their panels AND comic books artist studying Toriyama for years and copying dudes technique. Even the creator of the entire fucking medium said hes too good and his "heir apparent".

Creator of two timeless books that would shape or influence fictional works for centuries to come.

There isnt a single man in ficiton who has the combo of Toriyamas skills or achievements. He mastered the manga in so many ways its just unreal. The only person to come really close to that master degree is maybe Junji.

Shit ... even the Chinese government mourned his passing.

Toriyama reached Cristiano Ronaldo level of fame. Why stop here? Hes the kind of man to go even further beyond.

Back