• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

R.I.P. Akira Toriyama - maker of Dragonball

Not a fan of Dragon Ball, but can’t deny his influence on other artists and works that I do like.

Not to mention Chrono Trigger being one of the best games I’ve played and his character designs are a big part of that.

RIP
The fundamentals of my anatomical drawings were based on DBZ.

RIP.

You mean he's phased to another dimension.
ZEN7wT.gif

Damn that’s a sad one. I loved DBZ when I was in middle school. I would actually watch it in Japanese on some channel we had when I was a kid.

Eventually I found websites to download subtitles episodes from. This was in the dial up age. I would download these shitty videos that were like 12mbs and it would take like an hour and a half I think under the best conditions. But I was dedicated. I had the whole series downloaded and saved onto Zip disks.

Today I actually prefer Dragon Ball to DBZ. It’s goofy as all hell but just oozes charm. But Goku turning Super Saiyan is probably the single greatest moment in all of television history

DBZ has been the glue that holds different nerd groups together for as long as I can remember. Between DBZ, DQ, and Chrono Trigger he was a big part of my childhood.

I remember seeing stills of DBZ fighting games in gaming magazines in the early 90s. Years before the anime or games came to the states. By the time Dragonball started to air in the US I'd been waiting years to get a glimpse of this franchise I kept reading about. Then by my teens DBZ fever was sweeping the nation and everyone I knew was a fan lol.

Damn with a new dragon ball series coming out too and Sand Land releasing next month. Seems like he had plenty of stuff coming up. Real shame, love the dragon quest games as well. Then of course there’s also Chrono trigger. Tough loss

Why'd I have to wake up to this? Dude literally made the thing I was absolutely obsessed with as a kid and gave a troubled ass kid like me something to look forward to. RIP GOAT. Crazy how amazing people randomly die.. mean while all the POS still walking the earth.. unreal
I mean, people die. Amazing or not. You just happen to know and like this guys work.

If it's of any help, a fucking shit ton of not so amazing people died today aswell!

So cheer up!

<{outtahere}>

RIP to a true legend. He contributed to a countless number of peoples happiness. Crazy how much a person you never met can impact your life and many others.

Chrono Trigger arguably my favorite game ever and DBZ my favorite anime ever.

I mean, people die. Amazing or not. You just happen to know and like this guys work.

If it's of any help, a fucking shit ton of not so amazing people died today aswell!

So cheer up!

<{outtahere}>
I understand that but it's more the fact that all these great people seem to pass on when they still have a lot more they want to share with the world and have quite a lot left in the tank. When it's simply old age it hurts a little less cause you kind of expect it and are more prepared for it once they get to that age. However when it's unexpected it just, to put it bluntly. "Fucking sucks" a lot.

Back