you know there's books in the head,
books in the shelve,
books in boxes
books in storage
books recommended - gift away
books had, but now in dreams
books as gifts come back as letters, hugs, new found forever love
thank yous, than you from me

couch. two person occupancy, in a trailer, in a trailer park. 3 nice beds 2 baths
solid, personally very comfortable digs, not trash. A very nice place. & I look out into the dark.
Nothing, nothing, ....nothing, then a girl call and a tug out. Something external seen in the twitching periphery, or twitching in the periphery, either way. I just made that up. The moral of the story is, like a million other times, and a million other greater people, who don't feel they're enough, girls with the looks, guys with what you would say or shibidip as cool placement for articulation,

Works for me DMF, this thread uses all kinds of quotes. I've caught cool quotes from Sherbros in their answer to a thread or a response ( or an insult ) to another response.

Hell, even a fortune cookie can sometimes reveal a winner, thanks for throwing your quote this way.​

Well, the night's young. All praise and love to Taylor for Time Person of the Yeah, No cap, no hate, they just always go for the obvious. She deserved it more, but I'd've brought bigger confusion. That's a joke. I don't know all her songs, but everybody I love does. And that I don't know, is not entirely true.

I think there's something universal and tragically crushing when a kid gets it as a kid. That, to me, is the epitome of tragedy, her off-the-cuffing- Lou Reed, is a fuck you to Lou Reed, sing on old man. I don't know. As they say in our field of art, there's levels to shit. I postulate, that the whisp of whatever Baudelaire he was trying to commandeer i.e. the dark underbelly of whatever, whenever, ....Natalie's da doot, literally absorbs and wipes out the pretense to "is this what you're trying to say with the drugs and hipness," that the world is dirty and youth is king. ...I dunno. I like a lot of the music. I don't like Lou Reed, I think Frank Zappa is a lunatic. ...but he's my Lunatic, I will never fully understand, (that's all of us), I will never 80% understand Frank Zappa, but I get his heart and music, not flippantly, I put in the time and love.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

-Dylan Thomas

In rage, you become one with a group. Out of rage, you become one with the universe.

It is what It is.

Last edited:
Who does? Name someone in this day and age who knows the difference between its and it's, or between their, there, and they're, or between affect and effect, or between is and are. No one's teaching English anymore.
If ya already learnt it & be knows it, teachin' don't be needed.​

Some people have it and some people don't.

Last edited:
In rage, you become one with a group. Out of rage, you become one with the universe.

That's a good one ;)

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

If you don't have game, practice on fat chicks.

If you love something set it free.
If it doesn't return, it was never meant to be

Follow your heart until it starts to shit all over your life. Then follow your head.

Don’t step over a dollar to pick up a dime.

Destiny doesn’t make house calls.

If you don't have game, practice on fat chicks.

"i will forever be mad that i wasn’t a teenager in the 80s".

Not my quote, but teen years my way in the late 70's and early 80's was an incredible experience.

Division tactics of "pronouns" and "identify as" were not even a thing.

"i will forever be mad that i wasn’t a teenager in the 80s".

Not my quote, but teen years my way in the late 70's and early 80's was an incredible experience.

Division tactics of "pronouns" and "identify as" were not even a thing.
I was a teenager in the 90s and it was pretty awesome.

I would have enjoyed late 80s as well, and as a big Pink Floyd fan I would imagine I could have had plenty of fun "coming of age" in the 1970s.

I do have some sympathy for my kids at 11 and 13 trying to figure life out in the very oddly contorted world we live in.
I much enjoyed dating without social media and rebellious periods without cameras everywhere.

Back