Quick triangle escape/defense (video)

Thanks, Sean! It's a solid escape from a pretty terrible position that has served me well.

Good escape but opens up a fairly easy wrist lock counter.

Nice helpful detail in the video. Thanks for posting it.

Good escape but opens up a fairly easy wrist lock counter.

Well, every technique has a counter, of course. I can verify that I've never been wristlocked when doing this move, but then again I am generally very vigilant with my man hands.

Well, every technique has a counter, of course. I can verify that I've never been wristlocked when doing this move, but then again I am generally very vigilant with my man hands.

Yeah, true everything has a counter, that's why it's still a good escape. This is my most used escape from triangle and I've never been wrist-locked in it either, but I've caught quite a few others in one so the reason I even mention the counter is because I believe the key to avoiding it is being aware that it's open.

Yeah, true everything has a counter, that's why it's still a good escape. This is my most used escape from triangle and I've never been wrist-locked in it either, but I've caught quite a few others in one so the reason I even mention the counter is because I believe the key to avoiding it is being aware that it's open.

Makes sense. You definitely want to be vigilant of the available submissions you're leaving open! :)

well what would stop me? the guy grabbing his belt? i'll take my 2 one 1 grip against that anyday, especially in the nogi context.

well what would stop me? the guy grabbing his belt? i'll take my 2 one 1 grip against that anyday, especially in the nogi context.

The belt grab doesn't hurt, but it's not really relevant in the grand scheme. It's the positioning of my arm relative to his hip.

But hey, to each his own. If you don't think it'll work for you, don't bother trying it.

Back