Quick triangle escape/defense (video)

well what would stop me? the guy grabbing his belt? i'll take my 2 one 1 grip against that anyday, especially in the nogi context.

If your rolling with someone who matches your strength or is stronger you would not be able to do this whether he is holding his belt or not.

I said good luck because it is possible that you would be able to catch his arm and pull it to the chest... which is even mentioned at the beginning of the video.

But you would have to get lucky and catch it quick enough and be stronger.

A technique, though, doesn't require luck. It is an already tested, effective set of moves that will work if applied correctly.

I guess I would have found your ability to prevent this escape more believable if you had provided a technical response.

I WOULD JUST HAMMER FIST MY WAY OUTTA THAT TRIANGLE!!!!!!!

Mike-Russow-Hammerfist.gif

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!@!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAMMER FIST FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WOULD JUST HAMMER FIST MY WAY OUTTA THAT TRIANGLE!!!!!!!

Mike-Russow-Hammerfist.gif

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!@!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAMMER FIST FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO no more training partners for you.

Hahaha! Nice. I am glad this thread has taken the turn it has. Way too much tension around here lately.

triangle choke is probably teh most "awkward" bjj move anyways.

triangle choke is probably teh most "awkward" bjj move anyways.

Yeah, I'm a lady so I'm just not into random nuts in my face... Though I know it's awkward for the guys to be in my triangle, as well.

My favorite is when old school Brazilian instructors call north/south "69." Amazing.

I find this is the number one defense guys use against my triangle (especially big guys). Is there anyway to stop or counter this? Someone mentioned a wristlock but that seems like a last ditch effort more than anything.

I find this is the number one defense guys use against my triangle (especially big guys). Is there anyway to stop or counter this? Someone mentioned a wristlock but that seems like a last ditch effort more than anything.

If you have the figure four already locked in, you can do a "hips up, arm over" style defense if the guy isn't GREAT with this escape. However, it's a really good escape when it's done properly.

Alternatively, you can essentially hip bump sweep them over, but again, very difficult to accomplish on someone who really knows this escape (note that my legs move in tandem with my shoulders when demonstrating).

Awesome! Could you clarify what you mean by a wall between your fist and elbow? Also, what is the exact motion you're using uncross his ankles? Your elbow doesn't move from the floor, but you're twisting your back? Thanks.

Back