1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Quick tips for running a good mile?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by rem177, Oct 25, 2005.

1. rem177

rem177 Banned Banned

Hey everyone,
    Tommorow i am going to be doing a timed mile...havent done one in a long time....but every day for the past month I have been doing trail jogging...maybe 2/3 mile , but there is a good amount of uphill running.
    Anyway, I hope to do well on this run tommorow, does anyone have tips for running on the track, being that I mostly do trails?

2. jscott

jscott Orange Belt

just keep a good pace n breathe, although you should have been running the mile not 2/3

3. rem177

rem177 Banned Banned

well, the trail i run on is 1/3 of a mile long....like i said, its lot of uphill....I do 2 laps around the trail without stopping....by that time, im dead as a dog.

4. LCDforMe

LCDforMe Purple Belt

Well, you could always run a mile a whole bunch of times then you'd be better.

5. dogmai

dogmai Orange Belt

The best way to train to run a mile fast is to run 1.5 miles fast

6. rem177

rem177 Banned Banned

alright......I ran it this morning....I think i did okay considering how sore I was from running the day before...I got a 7:43 ..... Now, I know this doesnt sound very good to anyone, but I have always sucked at running the mile, and I am still out of shape (getting back in shape....was 5'10 230lbs , now im at ~195)
    but even when I was in shape, I couldnt get this good of a time. I am pretty pleased, but I still should get it down a minute or so.

7. onslaught61

onslaught61 White Belt

just try harder every time..i dunno when the last time i had a 7 min mile was.geez.

8. bigknees.com

bigknees.com Yellow Belt

very fast

9. Brandinho

Brandinho Guest

That's not bad considering where you once were. But I wouldn't write home to my mom with that time. You need to add more mileage. If I don't run at least 3 I won't even bother. Unless I'm doing fartleks, sprints, or other conditioning. Look into a local running club for training help.