Quick poll: should a POTUS be able to use power to protect themselves?

Should a President have the power to protect himself from investigation?

• Total voters
You appear to be a True Believer.

I'll account bet you that Mueller can't secure a conviction on President Trump for even a single charge.

Don't you already have a bunch of account related bets out in the wild? You can't dangle the same bait this many times to avoid actually having to remedy the fact that it's significantly peculiar that a president with alot going on around him looks into his own ability to pardon himself.

Sorry you're over your credit limit here.

Don't you already have a bunch of account related bets out in the wild? You can't dangle the same bait this many times to avoid actually having to remedy the fact that it's significantly peculiar that a president with alot going on around him looks into his own ability to pardon himself.

Sorry you're over your credit limit here.
Ok, good point.

Name bet. You choose the term length.

If the president inquires into the possibility of perpetual motion machines, it's still academic.

I agree with you. @panamaican disagreed in this very thread.
I didn't disagree. I wrote a post in response to yours adding more detail to my position.

But the pardon power kicks in after the investigation and conviction. Not before.

Dude, just admit you made an elementary legal error with this post. People mess up sometimes. Doubling down is a very bad look.

Back