Quick poll: should a POTUS be able to use power to protect themselves?

Should a President have the power to protect himself from investigation?

• Total voters
It's okay for trump and future republican presidents, but not democrats - right wing thoughts on this topic

Are you aware that President Ford pardoned President Nixon?

Are you aware that President Bush pardoned Caspar Weinberger?

I don't think you are.

Did Nixon pardon himself like Trump has researched?

Not like the president has done violent crime or terrorism.

But he has done money laundering and tax evasion.
IMO if anything will bring him down is that. The whole Russian thing will go nowhere.
But if they are getting close to his money laundering he is going to resign.
Because that is going to put most of his family away for life.

Are you aware that President Ford pardoned President Nixon?

Are you aware that President Bush pardoned Caspar Weinberger?

I don't think you are.
Yes I am.

Are you aware that you're an absolute moron? What does that have to do with this at all lol

So far only 2 out of 28 respondents don’t understand the difference between a democracy and a dictatorship. Not too bad actually, Expected it to be worse.

It is painfully obvious the deplorables want the President to be above the law, of course only when the President is a Republican.

I'm sure Hannity and Trump and all the cultists (still) chanting "Lock her up!" would have immediately backed off wanting to prosecute Hillary over the server and emails and the foundation had she won the presidency. Out of respect for the Constitution and the office.

But he has done money laundering and tax evasion.
IMO if anything will bring him down is that. The whole Russian thing will go nowhere.
But if they are getting close to his money laundering he is going to resign.
Because that is going to put most of his family away for life.

I dont believe Trump has done those things. Hopefully he stays in office

Like Obama was going to when Trump chumps were trying to scare everybody.
Because all of their political ideals are fear-based.

I'm sure @Ripskater would have had no problems with Obama had he used his executive powers to shut down the Benghazi or email investigations? Right? Right????

The bigger question is “how can someone claim this is a witch hunt?” When so many people have been caught doing illegal things.

That’s a tough one to swallow

The bigger question is “how can someone claim this is a witch hunt?” When so many people have been caught doing illegal things.

That’s a tough one to swallow
I think the talking point there is so and so may have pled/been convicted/testified on some matter, but that has nothing to do with Trump or collusion.

Looks like Checks and Balances wins this poll by a wide margin

Only because the majority trump bots are too embarrassed to vote yes, but if you notice they didn't have the dignity to vote "no" either.

I think the talking point there is so and so may have pled/been convicted/testified on some matter, but that has nothing to do with Trump or collusion.

Well it does have to do with Trumps leadership skills being DOG shit.

But he told me he wa sthe best ever and only hires the best and brightest

Well except for his attorney.

MAGA. MY ATTORNEY GOT ARRESTED

LOL 280 views, only 34 votes. Some people aren't voting!

Well he does have the power to, I think.

But @panamaican said it right. The Pardon power kicks in AFTER the investigation and AFTER there is a conviction(and even that is still not a sure thing at this point).

What could happen is that he will get indicted and the House will move to impeach but the Senate will block that attempt and acquit him.

Of course all that will simply make him a Lame-Duck President but I have a feeling he really no longer gives a shit right now.

Then again, considering how strange things have been, the investigation will end up amounting to nothing but Mueller exposing Tax Cheats (did Trump ever release his own Tax Returns?) but no Collusion. The Dem Party will re-take control of the HOUSE and try to impeach Trump but the Senate will deny that.

What a mess.

People who vote yes are the kind of people who wouldn't mind living in a country ruled by some tyrant who decides everything for everyone.
You know like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Putin, because that is what you get when a potus has the power to protect himself from the law.

Back