Social Question to former bartenders on here or current bartenders.

Takes_Two_To_Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you accept ID that is photographed in a camera and shown to you though the phone?

I'm just wondering I saw these barely legal kids doing this at a bar just few days ago. All of them had their IDs on the phone.

Which I find suspicious, why not just bring the actual card? It's not that hard to bring your Driver license ID with you. It's very strange I've never seen that before.

I doubt cops would accept that if they were pulled over. Also you can also photoshop their ID's so why even bother using that as a legit source through the phone.

It seems highly suspicious. And the lady at the bar accepted too. So what do I know?

dana-white-thats-fucking-illegal.gif

Do you accept ID that is photographed in a camera and shown to you though the phone?

I'm just wondering I saw these barely legal kids doing this at a bar just few days ago. All of them had their IDs on the phone.

Which I find suspicious, why not just bring the actual card? It's not that hard to bring your Driver license ID with you. It's very strange I've never seen that before.

I doubt cops would accept that if they were pulled over. Also you can also photoshop their ID's so why even bother using that as a legit source through the phone.

It seems highly suspicious. And the lady at the bar accepted too. So what do I know?
No chance, it needs to be a physical ID card, or else they can gtfo. I'm not risking it, no way.

You guys live in the stone age.

Here we have digital versions of most official documents, which can be verified through a QR code if needed. I haven't routinely carried a physical wallet for years.

I did work as a bartender at a hotel bar many years ago and never asked for any ID and I'm pretty sure I never served a minor

There weren't cell phones back when I tended bar. But we only took licenses. People tried all sorts of things. Photocopies of Birth Certificates, School IDs, permit papers. We only took licenses, and would never take a pic of one as proof.

If it's an actual digital ID, sure.
A phone pic of an ID, fuck no.

I did work as a bartender at a hotel bar many years ago and never asked for any ID and I'm pretty sure I never served a minor
Same here.

I bartendered for years.
Weddings, catered events and a stint at a fancy steakhouse.

Never carded anyone.

At the bar I had staff that could have done it for me at the door but it was too expensive for kids to bother with.

Nah, a few times while bouncing I had Indian guys try to show me a pdf passport on their phone.

Makes me glad my bartending times were before the turn of the century so it wasn't an issue. It seems like it would be easy to alter a photograph.

A buncha youngsters came barreling into my bar singing lil jons "shots! Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots" and I responded "IDs! IDs! IDs IDs" it was hilarious.
That's funny bro. Good story.

Threads like this one are forcing me to despise technology and hardware.

Anything is possible. Maybe I should change my avatar. I put Maul in my avatar 12 years ago.

Are bars or bartenders accountable if they serve alcohol to minors with fake IDs?
Depends on the state but if it is a realistic looking ID you should be OK. You can get fined and held accountable if you knowingly serve minors using fake IDS, but not the easiest to prove. That is why it is important the quality of the ID and the resemblance to the person. In todays age, these kids get scannable laser printed licenses for 200 a pop.

Back