• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Question for those in the IT Networking Space

lol @ guys saying Struve and Kos

Fulton by far

Agree.

The pros and cons are staggering. With wires introducing issues with capacitance, signal distortion, and voltage drop, wireless is a great alternative.

This is much less of an issue however than cumulative latency when converting the
wireless packets into voltage levels on both ends of the transceiver electronics.

Also, the flux used in the raging insulators prevent the boss stitching from inducting the
magnetic fields into the RF lossless impregnators.

You lost me there on that last paragraph, and amusingly, I have an AS in networking IT. ;D

PS. Isnt data transfer insane to consider? Movies and images and sound all translated via packets of 1s and 0s.

You lost me there on that last paragraph, and amusingly, I have an AS in networking IT. ;D

PS. Isnt data transfer insane to consider? Movies and images and sound all translated via packets of 1s and 0s.

Technology is amazing. The fact that we can communicate over distances
with an invisible, wireless energy is mind boggling. Even as we type these
letters on the screen, there are billions of transistors, wires, transmission
towers converting small voltage levels from low to high potential at millions
of times per second so we can read it in text form.

P.S. I'm in E.E. not I.T. but we can speak similar langauges! :D

Technology is amazing. The fact that we can communicate over distances
with an invisible, wireless energy is mind boggling. Even as we type these
letters on the screen, there are billions of transistors, wires, transmission
towers converting small voltage levels from low to high potential at millions
of times per second so we can read it in text form.

P.S. I'm in E.E. not I.T. but we can speak similar langauges! :D

I'm actually a photographer and a sherdog lurker. I just have the IT degree as an extension of studying web development, hence my completely stunted comprehension of some of it (ie. I wasn't paying a great deal of attention other than the minimum required to ace the midterms and finals). I'm definitely a jack of all trades / master of none when it comes to communication and web technologies.

Do you feel everything will migrate to the cloud? What is your time frame?
It depends on the workload; Edge has the potential to be even bigger than cloud.

Also, will the newer switches replace human beings as they become more and more sophisticated and thus can pretty much run human free?
No, humans will always be better than switches at MMA, and sarcasm.

(*in all seriousness we're moving to a world of policy/intent-based networking, future iterations of which will be augmented with AI/machine-learning. That's not the same as fully replacing humans though; there will likely always be the ability for human operators to define intent.

Back