Question for Old Punk Fans

I thought i had punk history figured out.

Then I heard Death.

I always felt The Dictators never got their due.

The Dictators are pretty much the exact definition of what "punk" was originally coined as. Most of the music in the similar style as Dictators nowadays is labeled as "garage rock" rather than "punk" though.

Bah, this thread was going in a good direction.

Not enough people knew about Bad Posture. One of the first bands that were so good at being bad, like The Dwarves.

Any band with a song called "GoddamnMotherFuckerSonofabitch" deserves recognition.

One of the craziest things I've seen was a pretty much near riot outside the Glass House in Pomona after someone tried to steal money from Sick of It All's merch box. It started with them jumping the guy, I remember at one point someone using a bicycle as a weapon and just throwing it directly at the guy's face as other people kicked him in the head. I got out of there when police helicopters showed up.

I work a couple of minutes away from the glass house

pomona is a shit hole

I can't imagine Jello cared much about the Sex Pistols politically or musically other than respect for their contribution -as the Sex Pistols were a put together punk band on a corporate label EMI -specifically designed/formulated to fuse the atitude and energy of Richard Hell, the sound of the The Stooges, and the look of the New York Dolls into something they could sell in oppostion to the soft and progressive rock that had stagnated radio. -

Wheras DK was a political DIY punk effort during their entire run -putting out there own label and distro -very different from the Sex Pistols - Plus The Sex Pistols were finished before the Dead Kennedys had national punk exposure so they really weren't contemporaries at all -by then John Lydon was doing the post punk thing.

I have alot of respect for guys like Jello, Cory Rusk, Ian Mckaye, Fat Mike and such -who really do the punk DIY ethic -hand shake contracts etc -They are true alternatives to the radio garbage we are fed.

This post times 100! You win the thread, Dude! This thread shows me I don't know nearly enough about pre 90s punk though.

Back