Question about deadlifts

Voltaire

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Quick question regarding deadlifts, do people do them as part of their leg routine or include it as part of their back routine?

I include them as part of my deadlift routine.

most ppl do as part of back-training, i think. but you should look at this as a wholebody-lift

i cudent sqaut and deadlift properly on same day, tried it once and I fort my legs were gona fall off, do them on your pull (back day) !

day 1: Deadlift Day

day 2 : press day

day 3: squat day

this is my routine with numerous assistant excersises for each main lift

Bodybuilders do it as part of their back routine.

Or do something like squat one week, deadlift another. This may or may not work with you. I personally don't like doing ME Squats or Deadlifts more then once everyother week. With that being said, I do a near maximal variant on the week I don't do the main. So something like

Week 1
Squat ME
Rack Pulls

Week 2
Deadlift ME
Box Squats

But yeah like most people are saying here, at least do squats and deadlifts on different days. I think Entropy said something about them being very similar in muscle usage overall.

Wild Dan Hibiki said:
for me:

monday: bench
wednesday: deads
friday: squats
I was doing my routine like this but switched my bench and deadlift days around so my hamstrings and glutes could be rested for leg day.

Duncon76 said:
Total body day, which is every day

Either:

1) You are a freak
2) You are young
3) You are a Power to the People user

Beyond that, I don't think many people can do heavy deadlifts everyday. That's really taxing. But hey, whatever works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back