Question About Creatine Usage

Gerbiljiujitsu

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm currently training BJJ twice a day in Brazil and I started taking Cell-tech Hardcore Pro Series. I read the instructions and it says that I should take the supplement directly after my work out, my problem is I'm not sure which workout I should take it after.

Do I take it after the harder work out? or do I take it after the second work out? or do I take it after the first?

That is the only question :D

Thanks for your responses in advance

Two things:

1. creatine works through saturation, it doesn't have an acute effect. If you take it first thing in the morning, after a workout, before bed, whenever, it doesn't matter. After a few weeks your creatine levels will be elevated and that's it. The extremely simple answer is: 5g of creatine monohydrate a day, everyday, whenever, forever.

2. If you are only interested in creatine then only buy creatine. Do not waste the extra cash on sugar. (the product you bought is a "famous" example of a manufacturer trying to make more money by taking a simple product, creatine, and trying to make it fancy. Heck, even the ingredients list on dat der cell tech you bought says "sugar". ) You should be able to get a month's supply of creatine monohydrate for $6, with no sugar added, which is far better than the $35-40 you paid for dat der cell tech.

creatine monohydrate is the only reputable type anyway, so the other types are more expensive and either change into creatine monohydrate in your body, or they're useless. so skip a step and buy simple creatine monohydrate, sans sugar, for $6.

First off hate to break it to you but Cell Tech is overpriced and not very good, next time just grab regular creatine. Also google creatine loading. If that doesn't interest you then you can just take your serving after either workout, try to keep it consistent though.

i wouldn't take creatine unless it was a smaller ingredient in a protein shake or some kind of food

thanks for the information, I really appreciate it.

I paid almost $70 for the creatine, I know I got raped but I had to get my fiance to buy it and bring it to Brazil. I would have asked a couple of questions from some friends in the states before buying it but it just didnt work out that way this time.

I'll know for next time. Thanks again for saving me some future money.

Two things:

1. creatine works through saturation, it doesn't have an acute effect. If you take it first thing in the morning, after a workout, before bed, whenever, it doesn't matter. After a few weeks your creatine levels will be elevated and that's it. The extremely simple answer is: 5g of creatine monohydrate a day, everyday, whenever, forever.

2. If you are only interested in creatine then only buy creatine. Do not waste the extra cash on sugar. (the product you bought is a "famous" example of a manufacturer trying to make more money by taking a simple product, creatine, and trying to make it fancy. Heck, even the ingredients list on dat der cell tech you bought says "sugar". ) You should be able to get a month's supply of creatine monohydrate for $6, with no sugar added, which is far better than the $35-40 you paid for dat der cell tech.

creatine monohydrate is the only reputable type anyway, so the other types are more expensive and either change into creatine monohydrate in your body, or they're useless. so skip a step and buy simple creatine monohydrate, sans sugar, for $6.

Correctamundo!

Two things:

Big fat +1 for this entire great post that saved me alot of time.

Your only concern is
1. getting creatine monohydrate
2. anything marked creapure is usually a good bet
3. For optimal absorbtion the only proven necessity is about 12 oz of water in combination with the 5g of creatine. No sugar required.

+1 for CreaPure, 5g/day, and ignore anyone who mentions 'loading'.

Prolab Creapure (Creatine Monohydrate) is a good choice monetarily as far as straight up 5g creatine goes.

+1 for CreaPure, 5g/day, and ignore anyone who mentions 'loading'.
Loading phases actually work well, for creatine to work optimally your muscles should be saturated (which takes some time, loading speeds up the process) with the substance then you go to the 5g to 10g maintenance dose.

Loading phases actually work well, for creatine to work optimally your muscles should be saturated (which takes some time, loading speeds up the process) with the substance then you go to the 5g to 10g maintenance dose.

so far as I know, after 3 weeks of 5g a day the same effect will be found as loading with 20g a day for one week. i never load simply because it's something I don't remember to do. After a few weeks, it's all the same anyway.

so far as I know, after 3 weeks of 5g a day the same effect will be found as loading with 20g a day for one week. i never load simply because it's something I don't remember to do. After a few weeks, it's all the same anyway.

Further, when you load, you waste the extra creatine you consumed, to get the same results.

I take creatine before I go to sleep and see great results, never had to time it

+1 I got like 6 months for 10 bucks or something outrageous like that.

No kidding, I'm just now finishing my first bucket and I've been using it since the middle of summer; had no idea there was this much and I ordered two buckets at the same time haha. Stockpile.

Back