Question About Creatine Usage

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Gerbiljiujitsu, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Gerbiljiujitsu

Gerbiljiujitsu Purple Belt

I'm currently training BJJ twice a day in Brazil and I started taking Cell-tech Hardcore Pro Series. I read the instructions and it says that I should take the supplement directly after my work out, my problem is I'm not sure which workout I should take it after.

Do I take it after the harder work out? or do I take it after the second work out? or do I take it after the first?

That is the only question :D

Thanks for your responses in advance

2. oyaji poi

oyaji poi oyaji belt

Two things:

1. creatine works through saturation, it doesn't have an acute effect. If you take it first thing in the morning, after a workout, before bed, whenever, it doesn't matter. After a few weeks your creatine levels will be elevated and that's it. The extremely simple answer is: 5g of creatine monohydrate a day, everyday, whenever, forever.

2. If you are only interested in creatine then only buy creatine. Do not waste the extra cash on sugar. (the product you bought is a "famous" example of a manufacturer trying to make more money by taking a simple product, creatine, and trying to make it fancy. Heck, even the ingredients list on dat der cell tech you bought says "sugar". ) You should be able to get a month's supply of creatine monohydrate for $6, with no sugar added, which is far better than the $35-40 you paid for dat der cell tech.

creatine monohydrate is the only reputable type anyway, so the other types are more expensive and either change into creatine monohydrate in your body, or they're useless. so skip a step and buy simple creatine monohydrate, sans sugar, for $6.

3. ForumMonster

ForumMonster Orange Belt

First off hate to break it to you but Cell Tech is overpriced and not very good, next time just grab regular creatine. Also google creatine loading. If that doesn't interest you then you can just take your serving after either workout, try to keep it consistent though.

4. DrMontello

DrMontello Chieftain

i wouldn't take creatine unless it was a smaller ingredient in a protein shake or some kind of food

5. Gerbiljiujitsu

Gerbiljiujitsu Purple Belt

thanks for the information, I really appreciate it.

I paid almost $70 for the creatine, I know I got raped but I had to get my fiance to buy it and bring it to Brazil. I would have asked a couple of questions from some friends in the states before buying it but it just didnt work out that way this time.

I'll know for next time. Thanks again for saving me some future money.

6. IronMaidenfan#1

IronMaidenfan#1 Brown Belt

Correctamundo!

7. fittafeis

fittafeis Blue Belt

Big fat +1 for this entire great post that saved me alot of time.

Your only concern is
    1. getting creatine monohydrate
    2. anything marked creapure is usually a good bet
    3. For optimal absorbtion the only proven necessity is about 12 oz of water in combination with the 5g of creatine. No sugar required.

8. Butler

Butler Orange Belt

+1 for CreaPure, 5g/day, and ignore anyone who mentions 'loading'.

9. AboveThisFire

AboveThisFire Green Belt

Prolab Creapure (Creatine Monohydrate) is a good choice monetarily as far as straight up 5g creatine goes.

10. TrevorRoss

TrevorRoss Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Loading phases actually work well, for creatine to work optimally your muscles should be saturated (which takes some time, loading speeds up the process) with the substance then you go to the 5g to 10g maintenance dose.

11. oyaji poi

oyaji poi oyaji belt

so far as I know, after 3 weeks of 5g a day the same effect will be found as loading with 20g a day for one week. i never load simply because it's something I don't remember to do. After a few weeks, it's all the same anyway.

12. LZD

LZD Purple Belt

13. Falufalump

Falufalump Green Belt

Further, when you load, you waste the extra creatine you consumed, to get the same results.

14. eastNYgoon138

eastNYgoon138 Green Belt

I take creatine before I go to sleep and see great results, never had to time it

15. dza76wutang

dza76wutang Black Belt

+1 I got like 6 months for 10 bucks or something outrageous like that.

16. AboveThisFire

AboveThisFire Green Belt

No kidding, I'm just now finishing my first bucket and I've been using it since the middle of summer; had no idea there was this much and I ordered two buckets at the same time haha. Stockpile.