Quality and durability of Inspirit shorts?

Reaction score
I'm just wondering what the quality and durability are of the compe and spec model shorts. I don't want to drop like 50$ to have a pair of shorts rip on me in a month. Anyways, thanks for any replies.

SoulWound666 said:
I'm just wondering what the quality and durability are of the compe and spec model shorts. I don't want to drop like 50$ to have a pair of shorts rip on me in a month. Anyways, thanks for any replies.

They are apparently high quality shorts, just a bit pricey and hare to acquire unless you are Japanese or have friends willing to send them over to you. I think you only really have to look at the caliber or fighters choosing to use them to know they are unlikely to be shoddy goods. If they did allow themselves to be sponsored by a company that makes crap it would it wouldn't benefit either party.

I agree. I don't think that Inspirit would have gotten as big as they have by selling crap. Especally with so many fighters sportin them. imo you should just go with the SPRAWLS.

Check out this dude's post:

MorallyBankrupt said:
I ordered a pair of the 'Spec Model Shorts' a few months ago and they looked and held up great ... for
about a month and a half. The shorts ripped within that time frame strictly from grappling.

For those of you that ordered that specific type of shorts, what are your experiences with them so far?

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=293079

i dont know about the spec model, but i have the comp model shorts which are a bit more expensive but from what i hear are also alot more durable. They seem to be built with real good quality material and seem strong. I like my inspirit shorts better than my truth shorts, and i think the truth shorts are great.

I have generally heard good things about Inspirit products, although I have never tried them myself.

Valetudo025 said:
i dont know about the spec model, but i have the comp model shorts which are a bit more expensive but from what i hear are also alot more durable. They seem to be built with real good quality material and seem strong. I like my inspirit shorts better than my truth shorts, and i think the truth shorts are great.

The Truth shorts are the best buy out there. I can't belive Paul can sell them for so cheap. I heard his new shorts are in Austin waiting to clear customs as of the 4th. He should have them in stock any day now.

www.SSFgear.com

I have the compe and spec models. If you're going to choose one, go with the compes. They are of high quality and durability. I roll in both pair at least thrice weekly live for a min of 1/2 hour. No probs so far. very nice.

Wow, Truth is just $20. That is really cheap and it has side slits, triple velcro fastenings and an inside pocket. Very cool. Anyone on here use these?

I do sometimes and they now have the sizing issues fixed. I had to get a pair 2 sizes to big to fit before. They are really well made shorts. For those of you that are going to ask, no I don't carry Truth shorts, you have to go through them. They are really worth looking into.

www.SSFgear.com

Truth shorts are basically HCK Clones for anyone wondering, which is a good thing because HCK is a good short. My first fight shorts.

~Foz

Nice. I don't think you can beat that $20 pricetag, and they sound like excellent shorts.

Look pretty cool as well, I must say.

Back