Q&A with Francis Ngannou

Wise1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Courtesy of Ufc.com

UFC: How have you been since UFC 226? What’s it been like to be back in France?

Ngannou: You know my camp was very good. That’s why I moved from Las Vegas to Paris, to be in a good environment and trying to figure out what went wrong. Being around my friends and close to my family. It’s helped.

UFC: You’ve fought Curtis before. What are you going to take from that first match-up into the second one?

Ngannou: The thing that I’m going to take away from the first fight is that Curtis is a very smart fighter. Because I still remember when people tell me that he is a wrestler then I step into the Octagon with him and the way he moved I just realized right away he’s very smart. Moving like a striker, how he fought was very smart. I know that he kept improving. I know he won’t be easy but I’m definitely not going to let him have a chance.

UFC: How have you improved as a fighter in the last year?

Ngannou: I improved a lot. This year, 2018, was just a learning process and I learned a lot. Even technically I improved and learned way more about MMA, technique and how to fight. As a fighter I grew.

UFC: Why do you like to fight?

Ngannou: My favorite part of fighting was the striking but in this game it’s not enough. It’s still striking but I’m getting myself comfortable on the ground game. That’s exactly why I’m planning to submit him in this fight because he’s a wrestler. I think I will have a hard time striking because he will always try to take me down and as soon as this happens, I will be able to take a shot.

UFC: You apologized to fans after your last fight. How are you going to bounce back from that?

Ngannou: Some people think and me too, I was disappointed because it wasn’t a good fight at all. I am ashamed of it but it wasn’t my last fight. I’m just at the beginning of my career. I have a lot of chances to prove they are wrong, those who think I’m not that good. That’s the story of my life. I’ve always been against the odds and always been against everybody who doesn’t believe in me. I’ve had to prove them they were wrong. I’m looking forward to doing this. It’s my only way to answer them and it’s the best way to answer them, by getting it done differently.

UFC: You’re a soft spoken, calm guy. How to do you flip a switch once that Octagon door closes?

Ngannou: It comes naturally, it’s just a mindset. You know that you’re going there to complete something some job. You work for it your entire life you seek this opportunity and then as soon as you get it you give your all. It’s just a job. Everyone who has a job, like you guys, you’re doing everything to get it done. That’s all, it’s nothing personal it’s a job.

UFC: If the UFC comes to Paris would you want to headline that event?

Ngannou: I’m getting myself ready for that because I know it’s going to happen. It’s not like if ever, the UFC is going to be in Paris there is no way for that to not happen. I just want ready to take the shot, the opportunity.

Motivated BJ Penn, Chuck with that look in his eyes, Econoreem and now modest Ngannou, watch out Blaydes...

Hopefully the asian ref doesn't go full Yamazaki this weekend and let Francis kill Blaydes...

Bring back killer Ngannou

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Losing was probably the best thing to happen to the guy. I'm sure we will see a better version this time.

Can you imagine if he had knocked out Stipe? His arrogance and huge head wouldn't be able to fit through a door. He became so cocky especially after the KO of Overeem. Tried to head hunt again against Stipe but it didn't work.

I think we've seen the 2 extremes of him. First he tried to rush for a KO against Stipe and gassed himself out. Then was overly cautious against Derrick Lewis which cost him the fight.

I would like to see him win this one.

Expecting to get taken down so his gameplan is to try and submit him

<mma4>

He wants to sub a wrestler like Blaydes? Lolllllll. Dude don't realise how low his skill level is

Where did this man go?

Back to Paris, it tells you in the first question/answer.

Fighters are like Dana, just because they say things it doesn't mean they're true (other than moving back to Paris from Vegas).

Back to Paris, it tells you in the first question/answer.

Fighters are like Dana, just because they say things it doesn't mean they're true (other than moving back to Paris from Vegas).
I meant figuratively. The beast we saw in his fights before Stipe just disappeared.

People need to quit hating on Ngannou.
He's come from nothing and made himself something, which I respect. Also, he's exciting as fuck.

He shat the bed on the title shot. Who cares. I'm glad he lost, so he can learn and grow. Was pushed way too fast for the title shot.

Him vs Black Beast wasn't just his fault. I know there's talk of Beast's back playing up, but don't take the fight if you're so injured you can't throw a strike. Can't just blame Ngannou for that shit show.

He seems pretty aware of wanting to change and sorry that he screwed over the fans with his performance.

I can't wait for this rematch

Ngannou: You know my camp was very good. That’s why I moved from Las Vegas to Paris, to be in a good environment and trying to figure out what went wrong. Being around my friends and close to my family. It’s helped.
Tells me all I need to know about Ngannou he's not going back to his 2017 form ever if he needs to figure out what whent wrong vs Lewis. Blaydes is going to have an easy time here.

Watch Ngannou master the Ezekiel choke. It's not like anyone would expect it

Eh it's probably the switching of coaches. I think he sort of dumped his french coach for the trio of K1 fighters and he was in syndicate MMA for the Lewis fight.

Him vs Black Beast wasn't just his fault. I know there's talk of Beast's back playing up, but don't take the fight if you're so injured you can't throw a strike. Can't just blame Ngannou for that shit show.
That's stupid Lewis won and won every round convincingly. The fault lies with the loser who didn't even try to win.

Tells me all I need to know about Ngannou he's not going back to his 2017 form ever if he needs to figure out what whent wrong vs Lewis. Blaydes is going to have an easy time here.

This is bullshit.
He's saying that he needed to get back to Paris ,with his friends and family, to rebuild himself mentally.
He's not speaking specifically about his fight against Lewis.

That's stupid Lewis won and won every round convincingly. The fault lies with the loser who didn't even try to win.
lol what? Gonna have to rewatch it then because I remember them both doing fuck all and Lewis just did a bit more

Legit go read how many strikes combined they threw

he could've made it a dog fight
stop acting like it's all Francis

Last edited:
Back