• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Q&A on Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back recently from Thailand and one of my friends from my gym ended up in the hospital in Thailand 3 times and I know it was more than a grand.

But they were non-training injuries.

Ive been to the hospital like 6 times. The only time it cost me over 100 baht was when i got stitches in chiang mai. That cost me 2500 baht and that was at the most expensive hospital.

I got medical insurance, it's refundable if i don't use it though. I'm not going to make any claims on it if i don't have to. My stitches should be covered by my health insurance in canada, so i'm not going to claim that....plus when you get a return of 500 for the medical insurance....fuck i'll just eat the 60 bucks it cost for the stitches.

over a grand my ass... maybe over 1,000 baht. i was just talking to a guy that had a bunch of heart test done in the states and it cost 15 grand and just had them done last week in chiang mai for 12,000 baht. unless your friend went under the knife... could you explain a little more

Ha you guy's are getting me worried now about the health insurance stuff!

Hopefully the only injuries i'll have are the usual one's from training i hope , don't think i'll be going on any bikes..... especially not after drinking!

Looking towards going for tiger Muay thai i know it's frowned upon here but Sinbi Accomodation seem's fairly booked up with no AC room's left at the training camp.

But still going to look around can't seem to find any Hotel's or Villa's that are cheaper than the Most of the the own training camp's accomodation Prices. Think im moving my dates to March - May as well as flight's seem to be

My only problem is if one of my three connecting flights gets delayed and I miss the one in Thailand, I'm fucked out of money for that ticket.

That's not the way that it works, dude. This won't happen, particularly if you just buy the entire trip as a package. I fly a lot. I have NEVER been faulted for connecting flight delays.

Another Q, I assume their should be alot of english speakers in the Bangkok airport (correct me if I'm wrong), but how many english speakers would there be at the Phuket airport? Thanks.

Almost anyone that you, as a traveller, will interact with at any major airport will speak English. You won't have any problems in Phuket airport.

Hopefully the only injuries i'll have are the usual one's from training i hope , don't think i'll be going on any bikes..... especially not after drinking!

Looking towards going for tiger Muay thai i know it's frowned upon here but Sinbi Accomodation seem's fairly booked up with no AC room's left at the training camp.

But still going to look around can't seem to find any Hotel's or Villa's that are cheaper than the Most of the the own training camp's accomodation Prices. Think im moving my dates to March - May as well as flight's seem to be

Can you guys advise ma on med insurance?I wanna do local medinsurance because I

dude no offence but most of the questions you are asking have been covered several times in this thread. Read the thread. I suggest you do more research away from sherdog because if you have to ask for advise on medical insurance then i dont think you have put the time and effort in. Use google or speak to a professional, not guys you dont even know on an internet forum.

And if you are travelling then you should have travel insurance anyway (which will have medical insurnce built into it).

I don't understand all the hate for TMT. I guess if your worried about being surrounded by all the farang then yeah there are a lot there. But you get what you put into the training I find. Spent 3 months with them and they have some quality trainers. Show them you are serious about it and do as many private sessions as you can; they will push you for sure. I didn't train with all of the trainers but Nazee and Moo were 2 of my favorites... both have had more than 380+ fights a piece and know what they are talking about.

If you want a smaller gym and less people, right down the road from TMT is Dragon Muay Thai. Yod the old head trainer at TMT runs it and he is a really good trainer and fighter too, over 400+ fights easily. Some of the guys I met at TMT who didn't like the business side of TMT (the owner is american) switched to Dragon and I have heard nothing but great things about it.

5 thousand with a pool in the block, not possible in that area.

Ditto I can't see that happening in Ratchada for sure. Living in Chatuchak now which is less central and I was lucky to find a place for 4000 a month. (no pool)

. Spent 3 months with them and they have some quality trainers. Show them you are serious about it and do as many private sessions as you can; they will push you for sure. I didn't train with all of the trainers but Nazee and Moo were 2 of my favorites... both have had more than 380+ fights a piece and know what they are talking about.

If you spent 3 months training at a camp in BKK, you would be much better than 3 months spent at TMT. Also, showing their trainers that you are serious will not get you a good match. You'd still end up fighting a man that has not trained properly and probably sells pirated DVDs in the daytime. If you are serious, you go to a professional gym. I don't get why you would spend more cash on privates. If you are already training hard, you will not have the energy to get to do privates between sessions. What makes you think that just because you pay the them something extra that they are going to showing you something that is not already being taught to everyone else?

If you spent 3 months training at a camp in BKK, you would be much better than 3 months spent at TMT. Also, showing their trainers that you are serious will not get you a good match. You'd still end up fighting a man that has not trained properly and probably sells pirated DVDs in the daytime. If you are serious, you go to a professional gym. I don't get why you would spend more cash on privates. If you are already training hard, you will not have the energy to get to do privates between sessions. What makes you think that just because you pay the them something extra that they are going to showing you something that is not already being taught to everyone else?

The 1 on 1 training would be in place of a day of the group training. I should have reworded my post, I liked the 1 on 1 training with Moo and Nazee. To be honest the group training was more of a bunch of cardio work and a little bit of technique shown, as opposed to the 1 on 1 which was all technique with pad work and sparring.

I didn't say showing the trainers you are serious would get you a good match, but the trainers won't think of you as just some tourist who is passing by trying out Muay Thai. Which I saw a lot of there.

Of course in BKK you can find more hardcore gyms and training, but in Phuket TMT
(or Dragon) is better than most of what I have seen or heard about.

Of course in BKK you can find more hardcore gyms and training, but in Phuket TMT
(or Dragon) is better than most of what I have seen or heard about.

You must not have heard or seen much then regarding gyms in BKK. :icon_chee

The only things i hear about Tiger is a bunch of Farang who go for minimum training then go get drunk and get hookers. No thanks.

You sir,

have heard right about Tiger. Why would you want to be around this many falangs that are not as serious as you are.

full-moon-camp-bbq.jpg

But then again, if you are just looking for a muaythai holiday and to make new international friends, then TMT is your best bet!

Good airline. Cheap fares, good enough service.

I used to think that way until on my latest trip to Phuket the return flight to BKK had a 2hrs+ delay which would have made me miss my flight back to Europe, so I had to get a ticket from Thai airways (I was on a waiting list too, so lots of stress)...at my expense...Air Asia offered a voucher, which I couldn't use (valid 3 months)...I won't take the (low) risk next time.

5 thousand with a pool in the block, not possible in that area.

There are a few in Huay Kwang on Rachada. Not sure about Lat Prao though.
Here's a few places around that price in the area

LA Tower. 6 thousand a month. Rachada soi 17. nice swimming pool. Can also get there from inthamara 47.

Regent Rachada. I found a room for 5k a month here 3 years ago. Some rooms are cheaper and some get real expensive. It's a condo so you don't rent from the building but the owners of the rooms. electricity here was damn cheap at 2 baht a unit. Also get there from Rachada 17. it's at the end of inthamara 49.

Both these places are EXTREMELY close to lukbanyai gym and a few other gyms in that area.

Sarasinee mansion has a nice pool on the roof. rooms there start at 7k, thats as of earlier this year. That's right around in inthamara somewhere.

I'm not sure about lat prao the cheapest i've seen there was 8k for a place with a swimmin pool but i cant remember what soi or name of the block.

Both those places are full of bath massage girls quite a few with nice cars and fake titties.

What you say is true. I had the opportunity to visit TMT, Fairtex Bangplee, and kaewsamrit.

You can have fun and pay the extra baht to get more one on one training, but even 5 days at Fairtex, kaewsamrit, or any of the gyms in BKK will bea world of difference with Phuket.

Sure there's a beach and all kinds of fun, but you have to dig down deep inside and ask. "What do you want out of this trip? Good training or having a "good time"? Sadly I have discovered from my observation that trying for both is just about impossible. You cant go partying and then expect the next day ready to train seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back