• L.A. Park vs JR Kratos

• BOSJ - Ospreay vs Shingo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stargazer Rex

Where is your star?
Platinum Member
Reaction score
9zG2mVb.png

If your choice isn't there, post it and I will add it.

IllegalActualFrillneckedlizard-size_restricted.gif

AEW-Double-or-Nothing-Cody-vs-Dustin-Rhodes.jpg

AEW needs to get back to matches like this.

My two favorite TV matches of the year were Tessa Blanchard vs Scorpio Sky at WrestleCircus and that Omega vs Pac match where Pac shocked the world

Favorite match overall was L.A. Park vs JR Kratos in San Francisco
That was such a beautiful symphony of violence

This ones easy for
Me. Cody cs distin was N all time classic. One of the best matches of
The decade

Why wasn’t Invisible Man vs Invisible Stan an option? Seriously five star shit.

Ospreay vs Shingo BOSJ Final is mine.

Looking at this list makes 2019 seem pretty weak.

My initial thought is Cody vs. Dustin, but I want to think on it more.

Didn't the Lucha Bros have a tear-it-down match on one of the AEW shows?

Looking at this list makes 2019 seem pretty weak.

My initial thought is Cody vs. Dustin, but I want to think on it more.

Didn't the Lucha Bros have a tear-it-down match on one of the AEW shows?
The ladder match with The Young Bucks you mean? They've had a couple but that was the one that received the most praise.

Nick Aldis vs. James Storm @ NWA Into the FiRRRe

Cody vs Dustin was an incredible match that also had a level of personal investment that I hadn't felt in a looooong time. Rather than just being like "wow these are really cool moves and impressive agility" I had that mode like Jim Ross in HHH vs Cactus Jack Hell in a Cell. "Kick out Dustin! Kick out! Bah! Damn it! Goodbye Dustin. Goodbye. Thanks for all the memories buddy." And then the post match angle. Muah.

It was good shit, pal.

Cody vs Dustin was an incredible match that also had a level of personal investment that I hadn't felt in a looooong time. Rather than just being like "wow these are really cool moves and impressive agility" I had that mode like Jim Ross in HHH vs Cactus Jack Hell in a Cell. "Kick out Dustin! Kick out! Bah! Damn it! Goodbye Dustin. Goodbye. Thanks for all the memories buddy." And then the post match angle. Muah.

It was good shit, pal.
That post match speech from Cody had people in the crowd crying as well. You can't tell a story like that and not be match of the year lol

Cody vs Dustin might not have been the best wrestling match but as far as emotions go, I've never felt so emotionally invested in a pro wrestling match.

'i don't need a partner, I need my brother' hit me so hard in the feels, it's what wrestling is about imo

It's hard to pick. I feel like my favourite would probably be something involving Shingo Takagi because he had some great ones in 2019. Maybe Shingo vs Naito from the G1. Ospreay vs Shingo was good as well.

Cody vs Dustin was my favourite American style match of 2019 but I'm going with Shingo vs Naito overall. I remember liking that one a lot.

"Holy shit!" moment of the year probably goes to the Jimmy Lloyd vs Masashi Takeda deathmatch at Joey Janela's Spring Break 3 Part 1 because of the scissor board spot.

And my comedy match of the year goes to Akito vs ASUKA (not that Asuka), from DDT's Wrestle Peter Pan 2019 show in some kind of match where you lose by breaking the single light tube. They did a good job of keeping the one joke pretty fresh throughout. That card also had a pretty good main event.

Last edited:

When do we present them with the PWD award?

Back