• NXT Takeover Cardiff - Bate vs WALTER

• BOLA - Bandido vs Dragon Lee

• Impact - Tessa vs Gail Kim

• AEW All Out - PAC vs Omega

• WrestleCircus - Tessa vs Scorpio Sky

• L.A. Park vs JR Kratos

• BOSJ - Ospreay vs Shingo

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's interesting to look back at Okada vs Ospreay, which a lot of people were saying was an instant classic match when it happened (it didn't quite click in that way for me though I did think it was good), with Meltzer even giving it 5.75 stars (tied highest Meltzer rating of the year with Shingo vs Ospreay and Omega vs Tanahashi). Now it's nowhere to be seen on anyone's lists. It didn't get a mention in this thread or poll, didn't finish in Cagematch.net's user rankings top 10 of 2019, didn't win the Tokyo Sports Puroresu award for best match, and didn't finish in Reddit's top matches of the year either. I don't know what that says but it's pretty interesting.

If anyone's wondering, Cagematch.net's user rankings list these as the best matches of 2019:

1. Shingo Takagi vs Will Ospreay (NJPW: Best of the Super Junior Day 15)
2. Konosuke Takeshita vs. Tetsuya Endo (DDT: Wrestle Peter Pan)
3. Shingo Takagi vs. Tetsuya Naito (NJPW: G1 Day 14)
4. David Starr vs. Jordan Devlin (Over The Top Wrestling: 5th Year Anniversary)
5. Shingo Takagi vs. Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW: G1 Day 16)
6. Tyler Bate vs Walter (NXT UK: Takeover Cardiff)
7. Kento Miyahara vs. Naoya Nomura (AJPW: Summer Explosion Day 13)
8. Kenny Omega vs Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom 13)
9. Jay White vs. Kota Ibushi (NJPW: G1 Day 19)
10. Kazuchika Okada vs. Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW: New Japan Cup Day 11)

The Cagematch users are a specific group with mostly specific interests, but I think Shingo had a hell of a year no matter which way you slice it. And Shingo vs Naito/Shingo vs Ishii were only four days apart!

It's interesting to look back at Okada vs Ospreay, which a lot of people were saying was an instant classic match when it happened (it didn't quite click in that way for me though I did think it was good), with Meltzer even giving it 5.75 stars (tied highest Meltzer rating of the year with Shingo vs Ospreay and Omega vs Tanahashi). Now it's nowhere to be seen on anyone's lists. It didn't get a mention in this thread or poll, didn't finish in Cagematch.net's user rankings top 10 of 2019, didn't win the Tokyo Sports Puroresu award for best match, and didn't finish in Reddit's top matches of the year either. I don't know what that says but it's pretty interesting.

there's maybe 3 people here that like ospreay,
and that's being generous.
i don't think anyone here was calling his match w/ okada a classic.
good?
sure.
a classic?
nope.

If anyone's wondering, Cagematch.net's user rankings list these as the best matches of 2019:

1. Shingo Takagi vs Will Ospreay (NJPW: Best of the Super Junior Day 15)
2. Konosuke Takeshita vs. Tetsuya Endo (DDT: Wrestle Peter Pan)
3. Shingo Takagi vs. Tetsuya Naito (NJPW: G1 Day 14)
4. David Starr vs. Jordan Devlin (Over The Top Wrestling: 5th Year Anniversary)
5. Shingo Takagi vs. Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW: G1 Day 16)
6. Tyler Bate vs Walter (NXT UK: Takeover Cardiff)
7. Kento Miyahara vs. Naoya Nomura (AJPW: Summer Explosion Day 13)
8. Kenny Omega vs Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom 13)
9. Jay White vs. Kota Ibushi (NJPW: G1 Day 19)
10. Kazuchika Okada vs. Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW: New Japan Cup Day 11)

The Cagematch users are a specific group with mostly specific interests, but I think Shingo had a hell of a year no matter which way you slice it. And Shingo vs Naito/Shingo vs Ishii were only four days apart!
What did they have to say about LA Park vs JR Kratos?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Back