One Night on Space Mountain

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was infamous about it?
"The Steiner Stiffs" Originally published: June 4, 1992

Pro Wrestling Torch Weekly newsletter #177

"That Steiners match was something, wasn't it?" -Bill Watts the night of WrestleWar.

As it happens, I was ringside for the Steiners match against Tatsumi Fujinami & Takayuki Iizuka. It certainly was something. In fact, it was quite a spectacle. As stiff as it may have seemed on television, it was absolutely brutal from fifteen feet away. It was one of the most compelling pro wrestling matches I have ever witnessed. It was also a complete and utter disgrace - a total exhibition of the qualities that make the Steiner Brothers one of the most unprofessional acts in the business today.

It started from the beginning of the match. Scott goes for the blockbuster suplex on Fujinami and blows the spot. Iizuka runs to give Scott another chance to hit the move. Steiner does it correctly this time, but he is still a little embarrassed and pissed. So he pops to his feet and levels Fujinami with a clothesline, holding absolutely nothing back. Fujinami was obviously unprepared for the blast and went down hard. He tagged out and was so out of it that he could barely stand up in the corner.

It certainly did not end there. Iizuka was obviously injured after Rick Steiner accidentally screwed up an admittedly innovative double-team move and landed on the man's face. Iizuka was obviously in a great deal of pain and bleeding the hard way from the mouth. It very well could have been a serious injury judging from the fall and the wrestler's reaction to it.

Read more:

Bruce Mitchell wrote a hit piece on the match.

Been rewatching Entourage all night long
Vincent Chase not wanting to sully his career by doing a "stupid comic book movie" sure does seem ridiculous now days

<22>
I tried to be nice to you and I got a "fuck you" for it
So you can't even cut an original promo without ripping off Coolio?

Are you a jobber as well as a heretic, Foo...I mean 1141?
One day and the bloke's already banned? I was just starting to like him.

Friday-the-13th-Part-III-Jason-Voorhees-Richard-Brooker-barn-machete.png

In the 90s when someone who was a super casual asked about bret Michaels I wanted to pee on them

I’m a romantic guy pere <Oku04>
Me too
What's your favorite love song ever?
Mine is My Cherie Amor by Stevie Wonder, such a wonderful piece of music

I thought it was perfect when they play it in Almost Famous while the kid is watching Kate Hudson puke her guts out, that's the perfect representation of love, baybay

When two become one spice gurl
Me too
What's your favorite love song ever?
Mine is My Cherie Amor by Stevie Wonder, such a wonderful piece of music

I thought it was perfect when they play it in Almost Famous while the kid is watching Kate Hudson puke her guts out, that's the perfect representation of love, baybay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back