PWD 703: RSR appreciation edition

Choose the definitve PWD phrase for calling someone retarded!

• Never go full Lakersfank!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He's suffering from adult onset full Lakersfoot!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you want to see the Undertaker face at WrestleMania? Another Taker match is inevitable.

@PWD

tumblr_oq10tnuWbn1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Began watching Florida, first clip I watch was the purple haze coming out the ocean with Kevin Sullivan. In general, Sullivan was more WWE than WWE at the time and he was primarily in southern promotions which is amazing as I didn't expect that to fly in those promotions with how gritty it was compared to cartoon WWE.

Dusty vs Terry Funk & Dusty vs Sullivan look to be the top feuds in Florida from what I seen, Butch Reed as a face took on Big John Studd managed by JJ Dillion. Barry Windham/Jake Roberts feuding, Assassin/Bugsy Mcgraw, Bruiser Brody in action,etc with Gordon Solie on call and Barbara Clary doing interviews. It's a studio show like most territories.

Sullivan with Purple Haze coming out of the ocean was great stuff, especially when you understand how hot button devil worship was at the time. In the bible belt no less.

This right here is why I want to be a dad. Show my kids years of hulk hogan and then drop this on them.

This right here is why I want to be a dad. Show my kids years of hulk hogan and then drop this on them.

Might as well kick their puppy and tell them there is no santa either.

About to start episode 7 I'm personaly enjoying season 2 more than 1

Sullivan with Purple Haze coming out of the ocean was great stuff, especially when you understand how hot button devil worship was at the time. In the bible belt no less.

That content helps as I'm been watching since the early 00s (02) to be exact so what I view as usual pro wrestling would be different, it's no different to those in the 80s having a different mindset of how they view wrestling to those of 90s/00s due to the different presentation/booking of the decades. So i view territories with an 00s mindset changes the perspective of things compare to seeing in real time.

In general, the Ruthless aggression era (02-08) when I was an full-time viewer was the most in-tune of an era as I watch Raw, Smackdown, Heat/Velocity even so that I was used to for so long. Tune out full-time post ufc 100, read the results for anything significant (Nexus, Rock's return) and check out the ppvs from then on.

That content helps as I'm been watching since the early 00s (02) to be exact so what I view as usual pro wrestling would be different, it's no different to those in the 80s having a different mindset of how they view wrestling to those of 90s/00s due to the different presentation/booking of the decades. So i view territories with an 00s mindset changes the perspective of things compare to seeing in real time.

Context is very important. Sullivan was one of the hottest heels going with that angle. It wasn't seen as a joke, it was real to us dammit.

Context is very important. Sullivan was one of the hottest heels going with that angle. It wasn't seen as a joke, it was real to us dammit.

Absolutely, as the promotion/era of the time tries to work what was culturally significant and hot topic at the time. Sullivan becoming a top heel in spite of his size is a credit to his promo ability/character that elevated to that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back