• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PWD 1171: Cool For The Summer

Who's having a better #HotGirlSummer?

• Mariah May

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Tiffany Stratton

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
fast-times-double.jpg

@RollSonnenRoll I did a bit of investigating and discovered that there is actually two different Fast Times bands, the 80's jam out with your clam out group and a more mellow Catalina wine mixer version, can you guess which is which lol

At first, I recoiled in horror since the soft one is based here in the Bay Area and the rock one is based in Los Angeles so I thought I mighta screwed up but I looked over both bands schedules and neither of them have Pleasanton, Ca scheduled on July 6 but the 80's rockers do have a Pleasantville, Ca scheduled on that date so Im mostly confident I'll be seeing the right group since Pleasantville, Ca doesnt exist

Unless they drive all over the entire state of California trying to find fucking Pleasantville and never make the show, which will be the most Spinal Tap thing ever lol

fast-times-double.jpg

@RollSonnenRoll I did a bit of investigating and discovered that there is actually two different Fast Times bands, the 80's jam out with your clam out group and a more mellow Catalina wine mixer version, can you guess which is which lol

At first, I recoiled in horror since the soft one is based here in the Bay Area and the rock one is based in Los Angeles so I thought I mighta screwed up but I looked over both bands schedules and neither of them have Pleasanton, Ca scheduled on July 6 but the 80's rockers do have a Pleasantville, Ca scheduled on that date so Im mostly confident I'll be seeing the right group since Pleasantville, Ca doesnt exist

Unless they drive all over the entire state of California trying to find fucking Pleasantville and never make the show, which will be the most Spinal Tap thing ever lol
giphy.gif

This could have been a disaster!

I'm surprised Bruce hated this so much because I thought it was good booking (especially for Russo).

I'm surprised Bruce hated this so much because I thought it was good booking (especially for Russo).

Think it was because it was never revealed who lifted the case.

Who lifted the briefcase? The ladder match elves?

Think it was because it was never revealed who lifted the case.

Who lifted the briefcase? The ladder match elves?
I mean they really didn't need to reveal, pretty obvious it was Boss Man. Remember the stipulation was that if any Corporate Ministry member interfered then Austin would win. So they beat up Boss Man and verbally kicked him out and he rejoined the night after KOTR.

I mean they really didn't need to reveal, pretty obvious it was Boss Man. Remember the stipulation was that if any Corporate Ministry member interfered then Austin would win. So they beat up Boss Man and verbally kicked him out and he rejoined the night after KOTR.
Well Hobbes and Shaw travelling to Samoa so fast when they had like 8 hours to kill that virus was obvious because Samoans can time travel......nah, leaving out details is just lazy.

That reminds me of any time Bruce & Conrad talk about the Austin/Kane First Blood Match, and Conrad and his buddies point out that it was stupid because Kane had a mask and at that time had most of his body covered. THAT WAS THE ENTIRE POINT THOUGH. It was heat for McMahon and the Corporation to put Austin against a guy that had the unfair advantage. I remember watching that shit live lol. Weird that it gets lost to time.

...and as a big Kane & Undertaker fan at the time, I was salty AF when he lost the title the next night on Raw.

He's not wrong. Personally I think wrestlers fuck themselves over with the way they use social media for the most part. Use the free audience you have to push your CHARACTER forward, make shit happen for yourself. Use that solo time to really get in the headspace of your own character and feel it out. It takes me out of the storylines sooooooo fast when WWE adds out-of-context social media posts that show the "real" person behind the character.

If you've never heard Bruce Prichard's rant about the JR/Diesel interview from the 9/26/1996 episode of Raw, that pretty much encapsulates why I don't like pro wrestlers posting on social media:

I remember begging almost not to do that God damn sit-down interview they did way back. ‘Tell me about your college career? Tell me about Kevin?’ We killed him right there. In that moment, we killed what we had spent all that time building. That’s the 100% truth. [Jim Ross] was pushing that in order to have a champion that people would believe in, you had to give them real things to believe in. They had to know the real story. But yet not one time would you sit there and take Hulk Hogan and go, ‘Tell me, Terry. When you were in the band, you played bass, right?’ Who would bring that up and why? Why do you want to? Diesel was a character. Kevin Nash was a person. The audience was in love with the character. They didn’t know the person. You keep the person mysterious and a mystique. When he becomes just like your buddy that went to college and played a year on the team, what’s special about him anymore? You don’t want people to relate to your top megastars.

It's official, Jeff Jarrett's heartfelt promo on Collision just put 178,000 butts on the couch! THANK YOU, MR. OUTLAW!

Back