Locked PWD 1165: F'n Turtlenecks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ministry Of Ungentlemanly Warfare is a rip roaring WW2 adventure that takes place on the ocean and a beautiful island paradise off the coast of Africa and it was good, really, really good!
It's not on the level of Snatch or Two Smoking Barrels but its Guy Ritchie's best movie since those two imo, has the same kinda witty weird foreign language and accents with some charming and bad ass characters
Probably the most knife murders in any movie ever, dang near every scene had several people getting gutted like a fish
The chick in it was gorgeous and apparently the main good guy was the real life inspiration for the James Bond character
Theres no twists or turns or surprises, just a straightforward ass kicking "Based on a true story" murder fest about a bunch of tough guy lunatics sent on a secret mission by Winston Churchill to murder the fuck outta some Nazis
Its exactly what you expect it to be from the trailer and I loved every bit of it
I give it my Official Highest 7 Thumbs Up Recommendation

Last edited:
Did anyone else think that Pillman called Sullivan "boogerman" as a kid?

Did anyone else think that Pillman called Sullivan "boogerman" as a kid?

I was bored last night so I decided to watch Nitro starting with January 1, 1996 in Atlanta
I appreciated how fast paced the shows were, almost zero dead time wasted on promos, it was one match to the next match to the next match with just a quick little back story given by the commentators, good matches too

What sucked was every damn show was the same 8 rasslers, I watched 3 or 4 episodes and they were dang near all just Sting, Luger, Hogan, Savage, Horsemen, Steven Regal mixed and matched over and over again in different combinations on each show, that got old quick

Powers Of Pain came out in masks as the Super Assassins against Sting & Luger, I never knew they did that gimmick, it was hella obvious who they were though

Brutus Beefcake had some white and black face paint gimmick and he was walking around like a mummy and screaming single words hella trying to sound like George The Animal Steele, it was so terrible lol

The Giant Paul Wight was introduced as Andre The Giants son

Steve "Mongo" McMichael had an adorable little Chihuahua with him named Pepe that was dressed up as Uncle Sam

No Nitro Girls yet, i guess

Speaking of girls, though, Macho Man brought out a whole gaggle of women with him in elegant evening gowns for his match with Ric Flair and it made me chuckle because it was everyones wife

Nancy Sullivan, Kimberly Page, Debra McMichael, Linda Hogan, etc. but no one knew who most of them were back then so they all were just supposed to be Savage's harem of rich milfs

Its funny the things they could get away with before the internet viciously ripped the curtain back and exposed everything

I was bored last night so I decided to watch Nitro starting with January 1, 1996 in Atlanta
I appreciated how fast paced the shows were, almost zero dead time wasted on promos, it was one match to the next match to the next match with just a quick little back story given by the commentators, good matches too

What sucked was every damn show was the same 8 rasslers, I watched 3 or 4 episodes and they were dang near all just Sting, Luger, Hogan, Savage, Horsemen, Steven Regal mixed and matched over and over again in different combinations on each show, that got old quick

Powers Of Pain came out in masks as the Super Assassins against Sting & Luger, I never knew they did that gimmick, it was hella obvious who they were though

Brutus Beefcake had some white and black face paint gimmick and he was walking around like a mummy and screaming single words hella trying to sound like George The Animal Steele, it was so terrible lol

The Giant Paul Wight was introduced as Andre The Giants son

Steve "Mongo" McMichael had an adorable little Chihuahua with him named Pepe that was dressed up as Uncle Sam

No Nitro Girls yet, i guess
Yeah Nitro was still just one hour at the time.
Luger was actually really interesting at the time because he was part of the Dungeon of Doom but he was also tagging with Sting.
Brutus was originally Brother Bruti, then he was revealed as the mysterious masked man who kept attacking Hogan and became The Butcher (and yes, he main-evented Starrcade). Then he was The Man With No Name. Then he painted his face B&W and became The Zodiac but in a swerve (bro) he was actually a mole for Hogan the whole time to disrupt the Dungeon of Doom.

Also I had no idea what Hogan was talking about when he set a "dirtsheet" on fire. "Observe this, brother!"

Yeah Nitro was still just one hour at the time.
Luger was actually really interesting at the time because he was part of the Dungeon of Doom but he was also tagging with Sting.
Brutus was originally Brother Bruti, then he was revealed as the mysterious masked man who kept attacking Hogan and became The Butcher (and yes, he main-evented Starrcade). Then he was The Man With No Name. Then he painted his face B&W and became The Zodiac but in a swerve (bro) he was actually a mole for Hogan the whole time to disrupt the Dungeon of Doom.

Was The Butcher the one where he dressed like a biker with a giant beard, i remember that one

Luger in the Dungeon Of Doom? What the eff

Was The Butcher the one where he dressed like a biker with a giant beard, i remember that one

Luger in the Dungeon Of Doom? What the eff
No that was The Disciple. And probably his best WCW gimmick because I didn't even know it was him. The Butcher was just him with short black hair and black pants.
Luger disliked Hogan but was still friends with Sting, it was neat booking for 1995 mainstream rasslin.

Oh yeah, and they kept giving away the results for Raw also, apparently the Smoking Gunns were getting a nice little push

"It was a new low giving away results of our taped shows. I never did anything dirty like that." - Vince

<6>

Heres the video of Savage with everyones wife, do you know who any of these others are besides the four I named?

Linda Hogan looking at Randy with pure lust in her eyes, that woman just doesnt respect the sanctity of marriage, ya hate to see it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back