• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked PWD 1159: Story Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put a pot roast in the crock pot on low yesterday morning and forgot about it, just turned it off right now, gonna leave it there stewing in it's juices til this afternoon, this bad boy finna be so tender!

giphy.gif

Anyone watching the Chicago New Japan card tonight? If so I'll make a thread

One thing I've been wondering recently.

Would WWE bring Jericho back in any capacity at this point? He'll clearly be brought back for a Hall of Fame induction etc. But these passed years, it just seems like an extended exercise in torpedoing a legacy.

Combine that with constant shit talking, would WWE now think "Nah, we'll leave it".

Would WWE bring Jericho back in any capacity at this point? He'll clearly be brought back for a Hall of Fame induction etc. But these passed years, it just seems like an extended exercise in torpedoing a legacy.

Combine that with constant shit talking, would WWE now think "Nah, we'll leave it".
Maybe they would add him to do commentary.

They brought back Shawn Spears but wouldn't bring back Jericho?

Nick Bockwinkel was so freaking great on the mic, the way he was improvising and coming up with everything on the spot and still never losing one single beat, no matter what Paul Boesch threw at him
Its a shame that he is so completely overshadowed by Hogan and Flair, he wasnt as flashy as those two but the technical precision in the way he delivered promos was probably a much higher degree of difficulty, especially since it was all entering his brain one second before it left his lips

Nick Bockwinkel was so freaking great on the mic, the way he was improvising and coming up with everything on the spot and still never losing one single beat, no matter what Paul Boesch threw at him
Its a shame that he is so completely overshadowed by Hogan and Flair, he wasnt as flashy as those two but the technical precision in the way he delivered promos was probably a much higher degree of difficulty, especially since it was all entering his brain one second before it left his lips
The fact that he's in his late 40's and still in such excellent conditioning as well. That's pure midwestern genetics and work ethic!

I think I'm gonna watch Summerslam 98 with Baby Buss tomorrow. I'll show her what being over is really all about!

"Now that's a game face. Undertaker has defeated Hulk Hogan, he has defeated Sycho Sid. A Two time WWF champion. Almost 7 ft tall, 325 lbs. The #1 contender for the WWF title. He is a prideful man, the conscience of the WWF and he is pacing nervously, anxiously. He is ready for war."

At the time I really didn't realize how good I had it getting to see him live and on weekly television. I was always wanting to see NWA stuff.

Bockwinkle really should be on, or at least close to, the Mount Rushmore of more people's lists of all time greats.

At the time I really didn't realize how good I had it getting to see him live and on weekly television. I was always wanting to see NWA stuff.

Bockwinkle really should be on, or at least close to, the Mount Rushmore of more people's lists of all time greats.

A lot of it is cause he spent his entire career in the AWA, for some reason the West Coast and the Midwest are kind of "hidden" when it comes to pro rasslin history, if it didnt happen on the East Coast or the South then its not as celebrated except by us hardcore obsessive types

They brought back Shawn Spears but wouldn't bring back Jericho?

But, Shawn Spears basically said "I'm not being used here, I want to leave and go to AEW" where he wasn't being used. So they brought him back to be a coach/enhancement talent in NXT, and probably got him for much cheaper than what they were paying him before. I don't recall him constantly shit talking either.

Jericho on the other hand hasn't exactly made himself appealing for a return. Which is what makes me wonder if they'd be willing to pay him a significant amount of money, or just decide to leave it

But, Shawn Spears basically said "I'm not being used here, I want to leave and go to AEW" where he wasn't being used. So they brought him back to be a coach/enhancement talent in NXT, and probably got him for much cheaper than what they were paying him before. I don't recall him constantly shit talking either.

Jericho on the other hand hasn't exactly made himself appealing for a return. Which is what makes me wonder if they'd be willing to pay him a significant amount of money, or just decide to leave it
They brought back the Good Brothers to do nothing other than collect a paycheck, knowing they'd phone it in constantly.

They brought back the Good Brothers to do nothing other than collect a paycheck, knowing they'd phone it in constantly.

Good point, and they do add value to podcasts etc. Which is making me wonder why they're not doing stuff like that.

I dunno what it is, it just made me think that when you consider Jericho's AEW run, and all of the other stuff, if they'd still bring him back. But that remains to be seen really.

Good point, and they do add value to podcasts etc. Which is making me wonder why they're not doing stuff like that.

I dunno what it is, it just made me think that when you consider Jericho's AEW run, and all of the other stuff, if they'd still bring him back. But that remains to be seen really.
Jericho also has a pretty successful podcast. Honestly they'd jump at the chance to sign a high profile AEW original, just to try and get them to shit on the company. They'd be scheduling them for an Ariel Helwani interview asap lol

Also Jerichos run sucks now for sure, but he can still go in the ring despite his age. The AEW fans are just completely tired of him and need a break as nothing he's doing right now is interesting. I don't think he's ruined his legacy at all, not yet anyway. He just needs to go away for a while, and maybe do some coaching/training or help with storylines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back