• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked PWD 1158: WWE WrestleMania 40 Weekend Is Here (Story Finished or Just Started)

Is WWE the hottest it has been since The Attitude Era? (1997-2002)

• Yes

Votes: 29 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CM Punk is such a shithead, look what he's done to the pro wrestling threads
d0a0ec7519f8e71a1f6a33e6c536db91.gif

Between the terrible production, shit booking and all these random ass c-team weirdos in here, I don't know how you people do it

I think we'll be okay. I mean we all got through the last few years of Vince McMahon productions so I think we'll be okay. We have an open seat. Just come join us whenever you are ready.

It is but that's no saying much. It's weird to me how when HHH wasn't in charge everyone would cry when the dinosaurs came out to overshadow the young guys but now that HHH is booker and not Vince the same garbage is somehow brilliant.

It is but that's no saying much. It's weird to me how when HHH wasn't in charge everyone would cry when the dinosaurs came out to overshadow the young guys but now that HHH is booker and not Vince the same garbage is somehow brilliant.

Maybe I'm not thinking about this right but do you think Vince McMahon could have made the Cody chasing story interesting for a little over 2 years? Do we think the Bloodline story would have stayed interesting for over 2 years under McMahon? Maybe McMahon would have but maybe we would still be getting Omos matches too.

Papa H made it fun, and I say this as someone who was not pleased when the Rock came in.

Vince always seemed to be about making the audience take what he wanted to happen. This felt like they worked into how do we use all these pieces and give people what they want.

Honestly, it's just the tone and attitude of the booking. Cena didn't need to be on Raw last night but it was a fun moment. The guys in the ring seemed to enjoy it too. That goes a long way with fans.

People feel like HHH is on their side. It doesn't matter if he is or not.

Never understood people's problem with this. Assumed it was because they were poor.
Talking shit to celebrities online is all fun and games, until they rub their money in your face.

Talking shit to celebrities online is all fun and games, until they rub their money in your face.
Ospreay responded to Rollins hyping an event. They had a dumb internet argument. They seemed to get over it.

Ospreay implied he's a better wrestler and Seth basically said then why do I get paid more to do it. Seems fair to me.

I'd take someone saying they're better than me more personal than someone saying they make more than me.... But that's just me

Ospreay responded to Rollins hyping an event. They had a dumb internet argument. They seemed to get over it.

Ospreay implied he's a better wrestler and Seth basically said then why do I get paid more to do it. Seems fair to me.

I'd rather have someone insult my money than my talent though.
Oh', I thought it was just some random beef with a troll. LOL.

I'm guessing the people who had a problem with it, are the oh' so rational AEW marks.

I'd take someone saying they're better than me more personal than someone saying they make more than me.... But that's just me
If I recall, this was when Rollins was at like peak unlikableness on television. Maybe when him and Becky were on screen together even, so I think that helped rub a lot of people the wrong way too. Kinda like "sure you make more money, but you are terrible right now and shouldn't make more"

Papa H made it fun, and I say this as someone who was not pleased when the Rock came in.

Vince always seemed to be about making the audience take what he wanted to happen. This felt like they worked into how do we use all these pieces and give people what they want.

Honestly, it's just the tone and attitude of the booking. Cena didn't need to be on Raw last night but it was a fun moment. The guys in the ring seemed to enjoy it too. That goes a long way with fans.

People feel like HHH is on their side. It doesn't matter if he is or not.

It may have been a gimmick but hhh really does seem to have a better sense of "best for business" when it comes to booking what the fans might want. I'm not saying he's perfect but vince's priority was entertaining himself and whatever the investor's with the most money want (aka the Saudis). I think hhh knows a smarter way to money is take it from fans by giving them something they want to buy.

I interpreted all the legends coming out to help Cody as them acknowledging Cody as the next "guy" against one of their own, not stealing his shine.

If I recall, this was when Rollins was at like peak unlikableness on television. Maybe when him and Becky were on screen together even, so I think that helped rub a lot of people the wrong way too. Kinda like "sure you make more money, but you are terrible right now and shouldn't make more"
Lol I'm not a fan of Rollins, but he should always make double of Captain Flippy Shit

Haitch would send Seth Rollins to CZW in like 10 seconds if he could get Will Ospreay lmao.
They didn't offer Ospreay more than AEW so I'm going to say no.

Not because Rollins is better necessarily but they don't need Ospreay.

Triple H pouted pretty bad about not landing Ospreay during the media week leading up to Wrestlemania. He's promoting the biggest show his ever done and he ended up whining about not landing Ospreay. He was pretty upset.

Not because Rollins is better necessarily but they don't need Ospreay.

Yeah I'm not sure how much you remember about that whole negotiation, but he was severely chapped in the ass about Ospreay. Out of all the free agents other than Okada, Ospreay was the only one he really wanted.

Yeah I'm not sure how much you remember about that whole negotiation, but he was severely chapped in the ass about Ospreay. Out of all the free agents other than Okada, Ospreay was the only one he really wanted.
We weren't there, we have no idea.

I can try and find out for you guys though. I doubt I'll get anywhere with it since it was a private negotiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back