• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked PWD 1155: Somebody Call Rock or Cody's Momma!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean ur gonna try n be more zesty?
f5OW7Vi.jpg

Sounds like bullshit to me. Knew who Executioner was shortly after he debuted.

Also, granted this is from wikipedia:

“On an episode of ‘Something to Wrestle With’, Bruce Prichard claimed that the Executioner gimmick was given to Gordy because McMahon had doubts that Gordy could still compete effectively and the use of a mask was intended to protect Gordy so that if that were the case, Gordy's legacy would not be tainted. Had Gordy been able to compete at a high level then there would have been the opportunity later for Gordy to unmask. It was mentioned that the hiring was mostly done as a favor for Michael Hayes.”

Or is this some cheeky Dok Hendrix thing?

If they dont tribute The Funker in there somewhere then I'll bust my fucking tv like my team just lost the Super Bowl!
What a great example of someone you don't think of as a "body guy" in wrestling and then he's the most jacked person in that entire movie and looks massive next to regular people.

Sounds like bullshit to me. Knew who Executioner was shortly after he debuted.

Also, granted this is from wikipedia:

“On an episode of ‘Something to Wrestle With’, Bruce Prichard claimed that the Executioner gimmick was given to Gordy because McMahon had doubts that Gordy could still compete effectively and the use of a mask was intended to protect Gordy so that if that were the case, Gordy's legacy would not be tainted. Had Gordy been able to compete at a high level then there would have been the opportunity later for Gordy to unmask. It was mentioned that the hiring was mostly done as a favor for Michael Hayes.”

Or is this some cheeky Dok Hendrix thing?

Bruce sounds full of shit also. No shot Vince "put him under a mask to protect his legacy cause maybe he couldn't work".

Gordy was like 35 at the time and wrestling fine. Had a good run in ECW right before. Vince gave him a big gimmick singles match with The Undertaker on PPV.

Penta and Fenix are promoting a show from the Lucha Underground Temple. Wonder what that's gonna be like. Both "temples" were warehouses in industrial areas of LA that Hollywood production companies would use as sound stages. Hope they just plop a ring in the middle of a grimy warehouse and don't fancy it up at all, could have a good look.

What a great example of someone you don't think of as a "body guy" in wrestling and then he's the most jacked person in that entire movie and looks massive next to regular people.

Yea, it would trip me out seeing Roddy Piper on a show or movie in the 80's, he didnt look big in WWF but his neck was freaking massive compared to normal people

Bruce sounds full of shit also. No shot Vince "put him under a mask to protect his legacy cause maybe he couldn't work".

Gordy was like 35 at the time and wrestling fine. Had a good run in ECW right before. Vince gave him a big gimmick singles match with The Undertaker on PPV.

I thought he was all messed up from the stroke by this point

I thought he was all messed up from the stroke by this point
Pretty sure he was. Foley had a story where he was working a deathmatch with him in 95. Terry can't remember any of the spots they were going over. Finally, he hangs his head in shame and says "just take care of me out there, brother."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back