Locked PWD 1152: Acknowledged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen plenty of Eddie's matches, and they are all filled with shit spots. It's almost as if he's trying to make a mockery of the spots.
He's just an out of shape dude cosplaying as a 1990s King's Road pillar!
AND I LOVE HIM FOR IT

Yeah "some"

Outside of the shitty machine gun chops that look like shit no matter who does them, Eddie's stuff looked amazing last night.

Eddie did shit last night that 99% of wrestlers don't do. Actually sold worked body parts through an entire match and used match psychology to progress a match.

The progression of moves that told a story in that match was great, I actually joked and called him Eddie King's Road in the thread last night, because he actually worked like the King's Road guys he worships and looked great doing it.

Haters gonna hate

Bryan was glowing when he was cutting that promo in the back after that match. You could tell he was legit happy with what him and Eddie just did.

Yeah "some"

Outside of the shitty machine gun chops that look like shit no matter who does them, Eddie's stuff looked amazing last night.

Eddie did shit last night that 99% of wrestlers don't do. Actually sold worked body parts through an entire match and used match psychology to progress a match.

The progression of moves that told a story in that match was great, I actually joked and called him Eddie King's Road in the thread last night, because he actually worked like the King's Road guys he worships and looked great doing it.
Can't comment on the match last night since I didn't watch it, but I'm just commenting on him in general. The X clip that was shown looked like his typical weak bullshit.

Yeah "some"

See here's the thing for me with Eddie. I love his bell-to-bell in-ring work. He's loved for the authenticity of his character work but that is what seems so forced and fake for me. But I guess it's not worse than most wrestlers in that regard.

Can't comment on the match last night since I didn't watch it, but I'm just commenting on him in general. The X clip that was shown looked like his typical weak bullshit.

Think it's just a "to each his own" thing.

Think there's always gonna be a bias with people with who they like and don't like.

You'll probably always go into an Eddie match ready to dislike it, the same way I'll probably always go into an Adam Cole match ready to dislike it.

See here's the thing for me with Eddie. I love his bell-to-bell in-ring work. He's loved for the authenticity of his character work but that is what seems so forced and fake for me. But I guess it's not worse than most wrestlers in that regard.

He strikes me as someone who actually likes what he does and he does his job with enthusiasm. I respect that, and I respect the fact that he's obviously putting in work to get himself in shape. But he never seems smooth when it comes to his in-ring performance, even taking his chops out of the equation. I didn't have the pleasure of watching him and Danielson, but good for him for putting on a good show.

Think it's just a "to each his own" thing.

Think there's always gonna be a bias with people with who they like and don't like.

You'll probably always go into an Eddie match ready to dislike it, the same way I'll probably always go into an Adam Cole match ready to dislike it.
Agreed, and good comparison. I'm all for people liking what they like. Except foot fuckers. Those guys creep me out.

Agreed, and good comparison. I'm all for people liking what they like. Except foot fuckers. Those guys creep me out.
if Tiffy asked you to, you’d mount those soles like a savage animal, Bat!

8e9cd5fea68e601574d95b9348915688c42d22c4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back