PWD 1004: Make the Pain Stop

Why can't these fuckers on Raw do a decent promo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
u4hC7fk.jpg

It's amazing how Cody went from being the darling. Telling Vince to go fuck himself, leaving WWE, laid out a real heartwrenching "Woe is me, I was a midcarder" story, to having a huge hand in starting AEW, being the one to take the most shots at WWE out of everyone... to being the Rocky Maivia/John Cena/Roman Reigns "We hate this guy" babyface.

But he did it like Kurt Angle.
He knew he was going to get booed for this stuff. This grandson of a plumber is going to get legitimate heat off self-important internet marks and, through the long game, finally make himself the top heel and main event player that he had a 1:1000 chance of doing any other way. Bravo, Cody Runnels, you king of rogues, you shadow hand, you.

y u gotta rewrite history like wwe and leave out his indy run?
cody vs kurt angle steel cage match inside a basketball gym is a 4.5 star classic.

Because, it didn't need to be said. That was part of the ascent to being considered one of the smarkthrobs. The point I was making was that he did all this stuff to build up his cache amongst that fanbase, then when he got a little creative control, booked himself into being hated by the fanbase he sought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back