Putting some money on Mickey Gall

Qwerty1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Anyone else think it is a good idea at +235....If Perry doesn't knock him out i could see Gall winning this fight especially given the bizarre behavior from Perry lately.

Also any other good bets you see for this fight card?

Don't let Manlet Mike Perry's bizarre behavior fool you into making a sucker bet. He's just playing head games.

You should probably play him by sub for better odds

Don't let Manlet Mike Perry's bizarre behavior fool you into making a sucker bet. He's just playing head games.
Well yeah and he did lose in his last two fights. Which is a worrying sign. Not sure i am liking the narrative for Perry's current training method.

Gall lost to Diego Sanchez

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mma...ill-chose-to-fight/1w9ercgcddvq81b98fyfwm0435

And before anyone says something stupid about him exaggerating or making it up or whatever, note that he spent EIGHT DAYS after the fight in the hospital due to his kidneys shutting down. They don't just let you chill in the hospital for over a week for no reason.

Gall has a lot of flaws as a fighter, but that performance vs Sanchez means almost nothing.

Well yeah and he did lose in his last two fights. Which is a worrying sign. Not sure i am liking the narrative for Perry's current training method.

He fought Geoff Neal and Vincente Luque (split dec.), two straight up assassins. Gall got TKO'd by Diego Sanchez (who hadn't finished anyone since 2008). This is a squash match.

Anyone else think it is a good idea at +235....If Perry doesn't knock him out i could see Gall winning this fight especially given the bizarre behavior from Perry lately.

You shouldnt bet on Gall just because of Perrys behaviour he is still winning this fight. He is actually in a good shape, if he hasnt lost all the tools he has learned since December then he is good. The only way i could see Gall winning is by getting "lucky" with a flying knee and then getting in a sub. Other then that longshot i see Perry destroying Gall, even thou it will be the best version of Gall to date.

better hire a gal dude, dont lose your money on the mouse

He fought Geoff Neal and Vincente Luque (split dec.), two straight up assassins. Gall got TKO'd by Diego Sanchez (who hadn't finished anyone since 2008). This is a squash match.
True yeah, and this is short notice fight but i am having bad vibes from last week

True yeah, and this is short notice fight but i am having bad vibes from last week

Smoke and mirrors. He's probably been training with a real team for weeks.

Perry is the rightful favorite but Gall was a corpse just walking into the cage for that Sanchez fight. You probably would have TKO'd him that night.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mma...ill-chose-to-fight/1w9ercgcddvq81b98fyfwm0435

Dude spent the 8 days after that fight in the hospital with kidney failure.

I wouldn't Perry's ground game is deceptively pretty solid he's only been subbed once and he beat Al Iaquinta in a grappling matchup which is pretty high level.

I can't believe these two are same age.

And before anyone says something stupid about him exaggerating or making it up or whatever, note that he spent EIGHT DAYS after the fight in the hospital due to his kidneys shutting down. They don't just let you chill in the hospital for over a week for no reason.

Gall has a lot of flaws as a fighter, but that performance vs Sanchez means almost nothing.

I partially agree with you, but let's not needlessly over-exaggerate. The performance against Sanchez absolutely meant something.

To begin with, we've seen guys in very compromised states fight reasonably close to their full potential or even look impressive in victory. Gall's performance against Salim Touhri was marginally better than what he showed against Sanchez, but not by that much. This was not a radically different fighter or anything. Just someone with marginally better cardio and a little more strength in the grappling.

Secondly, a fighter having his kidneys shut down from a weight cut is absolutely pertinent information for the future. It either means he is an idiot who doesn't know how to weight cut properly or his body can't withstand the rigors of doing so.

Neither of these can be dismissed, and both are a bad sign for future matches.

Roll of the dice, either Perry KO's him or Gall chokes him out. For the odds I would take gall as well. He does have height and reach advantage so probably be on the run whole night unless he gets sucked in.

Back