Putting a limit on how much weight a fighter can cut

They should keep it the way it is or have weigh in same day as fight night, thats the fair way to go

There have been threads about this and they don't make sense or work well at all. Weight cutting is dangerous and there really isnt a good solution to fixing it. We only can have weight divisions to allow fair competition and a days difference from weigh ins to ensure a fighter is given the chance to hydrate after the cut.

You're right it's dangerous, but you're wrong that there are no solutions. There are ways to make the whole thing safer - wrestling has implemented a variety of measures to keep kids from cutting too much. If a HS wrestling association can manage some guidelines involving multiple weigh in's or hydration testing, there's no reason a state athletic association couldn't.

For me it's about fighter safety first, and I think the fans get the added benefit of seeing guys in their more natural weight classes and possibly in better fighting shape due to not having to dry themselves out. It's something I hope they at least consider and look at options for.

Back