punching power?

Fedor5723

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Their is this skinny whiteboy in my boxing gym...the dude has been training for a year. And he hits like a truck, wtf? Im here doing knuckle pushups and Olympic lifts. He says he never lifted weights just played flag football and basketball his whole life. Btw he's 6'1 173

I think it's obvious he has been doing Rippletoe's 531 heavy weights-low reps for years, he just doesn't admit it.

its called genetics, u think everyone is created equal?

Is there a point to this thread?

He probably uses very little hips and lots of thoracic spine for his power.

He's been touched by the fist of Zeus.

When I was sparring and all that stuff, I used to train against someone like TS described. Taller than me, but much lighter, and he hit with the force of a horny gorilla, he banged the shit out of my head. His punches were controlled, and they were so well placed, his range was perfect. Even though he controlled his punches, they still hurt like fuck. Just because someone is a skinny lanky steak of piss, doesn't mean that they can't knock you flat on your ass because you're a "bigger" guy.

But once we hit the floor I dry humped the fuck out of him.

Edit. Moral of the story, technique and repetition will increase punching power.

Last edited:
Nutrition, technique, hit heavier objects with more force for a longer period of time over several weeks, work your neck and shoulders and torso, lots and lots of roadwork, heavier gloves, grip strengtheners....yep...

Back