Psyllium Husks

How does it taste? I mean, I'll deal with it no matter what it tastes like, but I'm just curious. The unflavored ****mucil literally makes me gag for some odd reason so I've been lacking in my fiber lately.

I get the orange flavoured stuff. It's pretty good actually.

Yeah, I'm just a little concerned about the sugar in it, I'm not quite sure how much there is but I'm cutting down and try to avoid it when I can. But man...the unflavored is just so freaking bad. Tastes like dirt, but worse.

Yeah, I'm just a little concerned about the sugar in it, I'm not quite sure how much there is but I'm cutting down and try to avoid it when I can. But man...the unflavored is just so freaking bad. Tastes like dirt, but worse.

theres no sugar in it and its tasteless, unless you get the powdered one which does taste like dirt although it is more potent, but after you feel its effects taste isnt going to matter at all

you should, if you want to get it cheap go to bulknutrition.com and get the NOW foods brand, its fucking epic

I found a seller on ebay that sell's it for $4.49US, and the shipping is just over $5. I'm in Canada, so it was cheaper for me.

theres no sugar in it and its tasteless, unless you get the powdered one which does taste like dirt although it is more potent, but after you feel its effects taste isnt going to matter at all

I was referring to the Orange ****mucil in regards to the sugar. I am definitely intrigued by the psyllium husk.

it gets you around 45 to 50 servings, its well worth it though, oh and about the taste it doesnt taste like anything. It is one product you wont want to live without after you've felt the effects
I got the NOW brand.

How do you take it? I tried putting it in water and mixing it around, but this stuff does not mix. So you're basically having to drink it with it floating on top. It's pretty gross.
I found the best way to take it is to put it in orange juice. With it mixed slightly together, it just tastes like I'm drinking orange juice with a lot of pulp. With anything else, it's like I'm drinking vomit water.
I was referring to the Orange ****mucil in regards to the sugar. I am definitely intrigued by the psyllium husk.
M etamucil has psyllium husk in it with maltodextrin, citric acid, coloring and some mysterious other flavoring and it has aspartame in it. It says on the bottle that it has 0 sugar, but isn't maltodextrin basically sugar?
I'd say just get the pure psyllium husk like me and Wrestler. You get much more fiber than with the M etamucil. This stuff is basically like pure fiber.
I suggest drinking it with orange juice for a simulated pulpy experience. Other than that, I can't find a palatable way to drink it.

I got the NOW brand.

How do you take it? I tried putting it in water and mixing it around, but this stuff does not mix. So you're basically having to drink it with it floating on top. It's pretty gross.
I found the best way to take it is to put it in orange juice. With it mixed slightly together, it just tastes like I'm drinking orange juice with a lot of pulp. With anything else, it's like I'm drinking vomit water.

M etamucil has psyllium husk in it with maltodextrin, citric acid, coloring and some mysterious other flavoring and it has aspartame in it. It says on the bottle that it has 0 sugar, but isn't maltodextrin basically sugar?
I'd say just get the pure psyllium husk like me and Wrestler. You get much more fiber than with the M etamucil. This stuff is basically like pure fiber.
I suggest drinking it with orange juice for a simulated pulpy experience. Other than that, I can't find a palatable way to drink it.

oh lord, toughen up! its pure fiber you're drinking, not shit. If it was shit you were drinking id understand being grossed out, but its just pure fiber.

oh lord, toughen up! its pure fiber you're drinking, not shit. If it was shit you were drinking id understand being grossed out, but its just pure fiber.

So I'm assuming you drink it with water? For some reason the taste and texture of it in water just makes me gag. Not my fault. Gagging isn't voluntary.

So I'm assuming you drink it with water? For some reason the taste and texture of it in water just makes me gag. Not my fault. Gagging isn't voluntary.

i take my fiber with my protein and greens, mix them all together and its a pretty good shake, when i tried to have the greens alone then fiber alone, yeah it was really shitty, but just make one shake out of them and it isnt bothersome anymore.

yeah with plain ol water, its not that bad after a while. I guess I was a bit rash about the subject, i kinda didnt like drinking it with plain water at first either, im a good mood after taking that 3 pound shit :icon_chee

i take my fiber with my protein and greens, mix them all together and its a pretty good shake, when i tried to have the greens alone then fiber alone, yeah it was really shitty, but just make one shake out of them and it isnt bothersome anymore.

You may want to stop doing that. Doesn't the fiber just force the stuff through your system faster and make it not get absorbed as well?

You may want to stop doing that. Doesn't the fiber just force the stuff through your system faster and make it not get absorbed as well?

Jesus do i not do anything right lol.

in all honesty, i dont have more then a one bowl movement a day, ive had some digestive problems so i dont know how "quickly" it goes threw my body.

Just going to bump this to make sure there isnt anything wrong with taking fiber with my protein and greens+ at the same time?

anyone?

Just going to bump this to make sure there isnt anything wrong with taking fiber with my protein and greens+ at the same time?

anyone?

I looked it up and I was wrong, it doesn't speed anything up, it slows down digestion. I don't think that's a problem with taking anything with it.

I take it in capsule form since I'm not a fan of the powder. It works great and is a must if you eat a lot of food replacement bars like Met-Rx, EAS, Balance, etc.

Back