Psyllium Husks

ninjajesus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone try this stuff? It's like pure fiber or something like that. None of it gets digested, it just goes straight through you to clean out your intestines. I've tried 2 cups of it so far, so I'm waiting for it to kick in.

I've used a straight psyllium husk fiber from Vitamin world in the past. It doesn't go "straight through you" in the sense that you'll have to drop a deuce 20 minutes after you take it or anything....so you shouldn't be waiting for it to kick in.

****mucil has psyillium husk in it so if you've used that expect similar results.

i'll use fibercon or me-tamucil if i have to eat a nasty meal with no fiber in it. it can actually make some people shit their brains out, but it's more if you're not getting near enough fiber. if you're searching for a way to blow out the butthole then a couple shots of aloe vera juice might be your ticket. personally i'm not a big fan of the irritant type stuff like castol oil.

2 cups? Isn't that kind of...a lot?
2 cups of liquid with the stuff in it.
It doesn't go "straight through you" in the sense that you'll have to drop a deuce 20 minutes after you take it or anything....so you shouldn't be waiting for it to kick in.
I meant it in the sense that you don't digest it, cause it's like pure fiber or close to it. It goes straight through you without doing anything special.
****mucil has psyillium husk in it so if you've used that expect similar results.
This is pure husk though. ****mucil has other stuff in it like sugar and citric acid. It tastes better, but I don't notice any results from ****mucil. ****mucil doesn't have nearly as much fiber as a serving of the pure husks does.
I take ****mucil 2-3 times a day.
I'll let you guys know how this psyllium husk endeavor goes.

I use it when i go low-carb. Good for extra fiber or to get any fiber at all when all im eating is chicken and almonds all day.

Has anyone compared different "fibers?" I've tried Citrucel's methyl cellulose and it seems weak (?) compared to psyllium husks.

I take a scoop or 2 before bed and drop a duce in the morning. If Im cutting weight I take a scoop or more after everything I eat. I have also heard that Psyllium Husk can make you atually pass fat in the stool is this true?

I've never understood why one would want to take a completely soluble fiber source. You will get much better results from a product in a proper ratio, say around 70:30 soluble:insoluble.

Anyone try this stuff? It's like pure fiber or something like that. None of it gets digested, it just goes straight through you to clean out your intestines. I've tried 2 cups of it so far, so I'm waiting for it to kick in.

GNC's Colon Cleanse is pure psyllium husks, its WAY overpriced tho like 12 bucks for 12 ounces of the stuff, Bulknutrition sells NOW foods psyllium husk for like 4 dollars a pound so i suggest buying it from there. The stuff works REALLY well, you start out taking 2 to 3 spoonfulls with water a day and you usually see the difference in your bowel movements 3 to 5 days later. All your shit begins to come out solid and you probably wont spend more than 2 minutes on the toilet. I can honestly say I cant live without this stuff, highly recommend it.

I'm looking into getting this stuff since I'm on a low carb diet. I get constipated from time to time. I recently bought some Fiber Sure, but Pysllium Husks would be better from what I've researched. I've read that some people take this stuff with there pre-bed meal, and take a huge dump in the morning.

I'm looking into getting this stuff since I'm on a low carb diet. I recently bought some Fiber Sure, but Pysllium Husks would be better from what I've researched. I've read that some people take this stuff with there pre-bed meal, and supposedly take a huge dump in the morning.

Its true, i take a big spoonful before going to bed and shit a huge turd in the morning

How many servings does a pound get you (approximately)? I guess servings could be loosely measured in spoonfuls, or even just how long does it last you generally. Thank you.

Edit: Is this it? http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=3850

How does it taste? I mean, I'll deal with it no matter what it tastes like, but I'm just curious. The unflavored ****mucil literally makes me gag for some odd reason so I've been lacking in my fiber lately.

I am P Husk biggest groupie. I can't live without the shit (no pun intended). I love it. 3 teaspoons a day mixed in 8 oz of water.
Like Wrestler said, 2 minutes on the toliet tops. And size? OMG! 3 pounders are not uncommon!

How many servings does a pound get you (approximately)? I guess servings could be loosely measured in spoonfuls, or even just how long does it last you generally. Thank you.

Edit: Is this it? http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=3850

How does it taste? I mean, I'll deal with it no matter what it tastes like, but I'm just curious. The unflavored ****mucil literally makes me gag for some odd reason so I've been lacking in my fiber lately.

it gets you around 45 to 50 servings, its well worth it though, oh and about the taste it doesnt taste like anything. It is one product you wont want to live without after you've felt the effects

Back