Psyllium Husks

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by ninjajesus, Apr 6, 2008.

1. ninjajesus

ninjajesus Banned Banned

Anyone try this stuff? It's like pure fiber or something like that. None of it gets digested, it just goes straight through you to clean out your intestines. I've tried 2 cups of it so far, so I'm waiting for it to kick in.

2. WCLegend90

WCLegend90 Orange Belt

2 cups? Isn't that kind of...a lot?

3. Diomedes

Diomedes Black Belt

I've used a straight psyllium husk fiber from Vitamin world in the past. It doesn't go "straight through you" in the sense that you'll have to drop a deuce 20 minutes after you take it or anything....so you shouldn't be waiting for it to kick in.

****mucil has psyillium husk in it so if you've used that expect similar results.

4. JSN

JSN Bitch Lasagna

i'll use fibercon or me-tamucil if i have to eat a nasty meal with no fiber in it. it can actually make some people shit their brains out, but it's more if you're not getting near enough fiber. if you're searching for a way to blow out the butthole then a couple shots of aloe vera juice might be your ticket. personally i'm not a big fan of the irritant type stuff like castol oil.

5. Todd Gack

Todd Gack Dutch

I take metamucil 2-3 times a day.

6. ninjajesus

ninjajesus Banned Banned

2 cups of liquid with the stuff in it.
    I meant it in the sense that you don't digest it, cause it's like pure fiber or close to it. It goes straight through you without doing anything special.
    This is pure husk though. ****mucil has other stuff in it like sugar and citric acid. It tastes better, but I don't notice any results from ****mucil. ****mucil doesn't have nearly as much fiber as a serving of the pure husks does.
    I'll let you guys know how this psyllium husk endeavor goes.

7. hfce354

hfce354 Banned Banned

I use it when i go low-carb. Good for extra fiber or to get any fiber at all when all im eating is chicken and almonds all day.

8. imyourgod2

imyourgod2 Yellow Belt

Has anyone compared different "fibers?" I've tried Citrucel's methyl cellulose and it seems weak (?) compared to psyllium husks.

9. joelsalter

joelsalter Amateur Fighter

I take a scoop or 2 before bed and drop a duce in the morning. If Im cutting weight I take a scoop or more after everything I eat. I have also heard that Psyllium Husk can make you atually pass fat in the stool is this true?

10. Chad Hamilton

Chad Hamilton Amateur Fighter

I've never understood why one would want to take a completely soluble fiber source. You will get much better results from a product in a proper ratio, say around 70:30 soluble:insoluble.

11. Ian Coe

Ian Coe Silver Belt Professional Fighter

I just worked out how you wrote metamucil.

I got disallusioned thinking you had special mod powers

12. Wrestler133**

Wrestler133** Banned Banned

GNC's Colon Cleanse is pure psyllium husks, its WAY overpriced tho like 12 bucks for 12 ounces of the stuff, Bulknutrition sells NOW foods psyllium husk for like 4 dollars a pound so i suggest buying it from there. The stuff works REALLY well, you start out taking 2 to 3 spoonfulls with water a day and you usually see the difference in your bowel movements 3 to 5 days later. All your shit begins to come out solid and you probably wont spend more than 2 minutes on the toilet. I can honestly say I cant live without this stuff, highly recommend it.

13. GhostDog

GhostDog Yellow Belt

I'm looking into getting this stuff since I'm on a low carb diet. I get constipated from time to time. I recently bought some Fiber Sure, but Pysllium Husks would be better from what I've researched. I've read that some people take this stuff with there pre-bed meal, and take a huge dump in the morning.

14. Wrestler133**

Its true, i take a big spoonful before going to bed and shit a huge turd in the morning

15. GhostDog

GhostDog Yellow Belt

I'll definitely get some then. :D

16. Wrestler133**

you should, if you want to get it cheap go to bulknutrition.com and get the NOW foods brand, its fucking epic

17. FirstNobleTruth

FirstNobleTruth Blue Belt

How many servings does a pound get you (approximately)? I guess servings could be loosely measured in spoonfuls, or even just how long does it last you generally. Thank you.

Edit: Is this it? http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=3850

How does it taste? I mean, I'll deal with it no matter what it tastes like, but I'm just curious. The unflavored ****mucil literally makes me gag for some odd reason so I've been lacking in my fiber lately.

18. matador1872

matador1872 Yellow Belt

I am P Husk biggest groupie. I can't live without the shit (no pun intended). I love it. 3 teaspoons a day mixed in 8 oz of water.
    Like Wrestler said, 2 minutes on the toliet tops. And size? OMG! 3 pounders are not uncommon!

19. jkuhlmann

jkuhlmann Blue Belt

almonds have a lot of fiber

20. Wrestler133**

it gets you around 45 to 50 servings, its well worth it though, oh and about the taste it doesnt taste like anything. It is one product you wont want to live without after you've felt the effects