Psychedelics

Intrigued by this other “ place” . Might give it a go just for that but knowing me and my trauma id likely have a bad trip. Not that those have ever deterred me. Thanks for your input !
Good luck.

I rather enjoyed the exercise of trying to make sense and verbalize that experience.
It was challenging.

Good luck.

I rather enjoyed the exercise of trying to make sense and verbalize that experience.
It was challenging.
Yes it came across that way. I’m grateful for your efforts to make it succinct. It definitely helps. Thanks a bunch

What exactly is a "4th plateau trip" ?

I looked up the purple box coriciden hbp, 30mg per pill, I have taken up to 2 boxes, so 960mg. I would often take it on a pretty much empty stomach and along with other party drugs.

I think that may be how I avoided any habitual issues with ... anything heavy really. I was spoiled to live in NY area and generally have a pretty decent variety of things available, so I could rotate. And I always had to hold down a job and pay rent so while I definitely enjoyed pushing boundaries, I learned how to dance with the devil and stay on my feet.

I may be older than you, guessing off of your lingo. I notice younger folks often discuss drugs in terms of mg dose which for most drugs (lsd, mdma, etc) we had no idea.

View attachment 1036755
DXM trips are commonly broken down into four distinctive tiers, or "plateaus," with different blends of, and/or increased intensities of, psychedelic, physiological, & sensory effects.

here's some more detailed information:
Brief Overview said:
DXM seems to exhibit at least four definable plateaus based solely on dosage ... Evidently, dosages above the fourth plateau lead to full anaesthesia, psychosis, coma, and/or death.

Not everyone notes distinction between the first and second plateaus, or between the third and fourth plateaus. Others suggest that each effect of DXM has a dosage level at which it starts, and (in some cases) a dosage level at which its effects are no longer noticeable (being overpowered by other effects). Some people will disagree with this classification method, but I think this is the best way to represent DXM's effects. Both the third and fourth plateaus have significant dissociative characteristics, much like ketamine.

The most important thing to keep in mind is that the effects in different plateaus are often very different. For example, on the first plateau, DXM tends to have a stimulant effect. Upon reaching the second plateau, however, the stimulant effect may no longer be present.
Fourth Plateau said:
Fourth plateau doses are similar to fully dissociative (but pre-anaesthetic) doses of ketamine.

Generally, people entering the fourth plateau report that they lose all contact with their bodies, often suddenly. ... The surrounding environment may be evenly colored (usually grey or white), or it may appear vividly realistic, or cartoon-like, or anywhere in between these.

...experiences very similar to "out of body" and "near death" experiences. In such cases, many report that they have contacted other beings, whose reaction to the user is usually somewhere between curiosity and amusement. Contact with "superior being(s)" has also been reported, sometimes as a raw force, sometimes personified in some way.

Delusions can become fairly involved at this plateau; the crucial factor seems to be whether or not the individual realizes that the belief or thought is drug-induced. Some people, especially those more experienced at this level, have reported that although they were aware that their thoughts were delusional, they didn't really care at the time. In general these delusions are fairly harmless (e.g., "I am a flower in the middle of a field").

DXM & mushies were the only psychedelic drugs that I had an awareness of the dosages I was ingesting. acid & molly/rolls is almost always a complete shot in the dark lol. ketamine in a way too, but I at least know how many grams total I start out w/ before I start digging in.

it's a really good thing you never developed a habit taking CCCs (assuming the below is what you were referring to), because they are extremely dangerous. my first few times were CCCs too, but fortunately, I did a lil research once I realized that DXM was the beezkneez & stopped using them in favor of products that contained only dxm hbr or dxm poly as the active ingredient (i.e. robitussin gels, delsym, zicam cough max spray)
ccc.png
these could've killed you.

Last night was interesting. I didn't trip at all, bc of the meds I'm on, for like the first 7 hours, from 5pm-12am. Then God encouraged me to go to bed so I got up, turned off the show I was watching and went downstairs to my room. I had smoked 2 bowls of weed and I hadn't smoked weed since November 2022 so I have no tolerance to bud. Once I'm in bed God turned on my trip and -- wow -- I was blown away. I didn't get the intense euphoria that you can get off of LSD, but I had these amazing colors in my eyes that were shooting everywhere, and all the words I would say would be illustrated by the colors, I could see them formed. Very impressive. Reminded me ok a K-Hole but the colors weren't quite as clear/overpowering.

I tripped like this for like an hour or two. It was a little bit scary because God could do anything to me, He was obviously in complete control and I was relatively helpless - I couldn't argue with him at all or defend myself, I was way too fucked up. God just kept catching me getting stuck in words, I can't even really explain it. Suddenly the word would hit me from several angles with different meanings. Like "predictably," or "predictively" or "predicament" and it would just blow me up and I was stunned into staying quiet, pretty much.

I got my bloodwork done for this medication today and now I'm gonna stop taking it. I'm hoping to try to trip again on this coming Tuesday. That'll give 4 days off the medication, should be good I think.

In the meantime I'm gonna try not to smoke weed. I like weed but I think weed is probably basically bad for you (bad for me, I know there's medicinal uses for it - and even recreationally can be fun but I don't want to feel slowed down the day after, you know?) I'm trying to only smoke when I trip or roll.

I did DXM a few times back in 2019/2020. Then I got some LSD later in 2020 and once I did that I had no more taste for DXM. It seemed like a dirty down-grade or something in comparison to the LSD. I haven't done it since, but I did have a few OK/good experiences with it.

i’ve had world-altering god tier experiences w/ dxm. it’s my baby, even if i don’t really ever do it anymore since k is a text message away

DXM trips are commonly broken down into four distinctive tiers, or "plateaus," with different blends of, and/or increased intensities of, psychedelic, physiological, & sensory effects.

here's some more detailed information:

DXM & mushies were the only psychedelic drugs that I had an awareness of the dosages I was ingesting. acid & molly/rolls is almost always a complete shot in the dark lol. ketamine in a way too, but I at least know how many grams total I start out w/ before I start digging in.

it's a really good thing you never developed a habit taking CCCs (assuming the below is what you were referring to), because they are extremely dangerous. my first few times were CCCs too, but fortunately, I did a lil research once I realized that DXM was the beezkneez & stopped using them in favor of products that contained only dxm hbr or dxm poly as the active ingredient (i.e. robitussin gels, delsym, zicam cough max spray)
View attachment 1036767
these could've killed you.

I don't think I was in danger.
They added an ingredient to stop people from using those pills recreationally but I was partaking before that. Also I read the labels and noticed when they changed.
At the time I was taking that stuff the active ingredients were dextromethorphan hydrobromide and gualsephisine (going from 20-25 year old memory)

The "chloraphenilamine maleate" I think is what was added to deter fine upstanding citizens such as myself from having fun fun fun for $5-10 just about anywhere in the world without having to interact with drug dealers or perform chemistry. Or if that isn't the specific ingredient that deters recreational use, that was the thing that tipped me off that the product recipe had been changed. I think I also "heard thru the grapevine" that the product was changing and maybe even stocked up on the older stuff... but like i said, long long ago so memory is a little fuzzy on the details.

-----------

Interesting stuff on the plateaus...

One time at a club, with a mix of REALLY REALLY potent X pills (which definitely had something exotic and STRONG in them) I experienced a phenomenon of the plane of perception moving independently, as in the vertical walls to my sides, the vertical walls in front of me, the floor and ceiling, separating and shifting, while I was walking/dancing.

Once on DXM and smoking weed with cocaine sprinkled on it I had the part of my brain that reverses the image in your cornea, I guess shut off for lack of a better term, so my visual perception was that I was walking around on the ceiling with gravity pulling me and everything else up. That was fun. Extra fun to drive around my college campus like that.
(And before anyone gets upset, it was like 3-4am and I had other people in the car looking out, we were fine.)

I don't recall ever hitting "out of body" disassociative experiences on DXM. Definitely got there on Ketamine once or twice. One time after a rave, I think in large part because my body was already thoroughly put thru the ringer, I did some K and had my vision basically turn into a kaleidoscope, had some pixelation, then the pixels started spinning and eventually I was in a state where I could hear the music but really had no visual connection to my immediate surroundings.

My general target area was around 1 box of CCC and then mix other stuff like Weed, Adderall, opium, etc. Had some of my favorite dancing experiences like that, where I felt like I had unlimited dancing energy and my feet were floating across the floor (extra pleasant as a 6'3 200ish pound individual.)

I remember one time on spring break in Panama City Florida at a club called LaVela someone came uo to one of my friends and asked "what is he on and where do I get some?" when I was bouncing off the walls dancing. Had a similar experience at a rave in Melbourne Austrailia where my feet were moving so fast and effortlessly that I was using dancing as a means of transportation.
Great night. I made friends with a group of locals and had a blast. I was particularly uninhibited that night and they were equally adventurous and silly/playful... the rave had two airplane hangers with DJs and a Carnival with rides in between, ferris wheel, laser tag, shit like that. So much fun.

I'm also starting to microdose. I'll post about how I think it's impacting me. I took like 5-8ug this morning. I think I felt pretty good from it, but I can't tell bc I smoked weed so it's not clear how I'm being affected.

I feel like 'attentive', 'alert'

I am also prescribed Concerta and I got that prescription bumped up to 27mg. I had some extra 18mg pills so I took 2 18's and a 1 27 for a 63mg dose today. But Concerta normally makes me space out and feel lazy so I think it's the microdose affecting me positively right now with more alertness.

It was a blast when I dabbled, and I think it makes a big difference in life to 'expand your mind'... but I'm old and can't deal with it like I used to

(besides a gram or two of shrooms when I went and saw Dopapod last weekend in Ann Harbor)

I think that your body really handles that stuff best when you are young and healthy and durable. Similar to how hangovers get longer and more punishing as you get older, your body handles the drugs better in your physical prime, at least for me it worked like that.

This thread brought back some old nostalgia damn candy flipping & hippy flipping was fun back then I haven't touched anything like that in years though these days I only smoke trees

Hippy flipping..?

Acid and shrooms im guessing?

OMG the green gel tabs wow, you nailed it, they were less edgy than paper stamps but very potent. I first saw the Matrix opening weekend in a theater, peaking to the max on those greens, it was intense, especially when you consider the cinematography was filtered thru dark green hues. The green gels intensified the experience. We also ran across reds, purples, yellows, and black with gold specks. My fav were the greens but each had their own characteristics

My buddy dosed an entire strip of yellow gels inside of Island of Adventure theme park, probably took 5 in total, he was smiling and laughing but had almost no motor functions, like a catatonic mute with a huge grin. Afterwards he said he remembered everything but he just couldnt speak or do much besides walk and stand in the lines for the rides. So those gels were not anything to play around with, if you didnt respect them, they would get right on top of you. They were cheap too, 5 bucks a hit, those were good times

I was in Miami 1999 so I can relate to all of that you mentioned in Panama City, I stayed up in Panama City one spring break back in 1997, it was as crazy as you mentioned.

Best times of our lives, and it all happened in a flash, I could only wish to reach those peaks again. Looking back, it was like our gen climbed to the top of a mountain but didnt bother to stop and look around

New Years Eve 1999-2000 I was in the southern tip of Florida, everglades national park for a 3 day phish festival.

I had drove down from NY with a cooler including quarter pound of weed baked into brownies...
<Y2JSmirk> because if it was in brownie format then cops could never possibly figure out that the van that stunk of weed and was full of young crackheads would possibly have pot brownies.

Turned out that weed was actually quite hard to come by at that festival which could only be reached by multiple hour long drive. So between sale and barter, by the 3rd day of the festival, we had quite the collection of party favors, and made a goddamn fortune in cash money. Enough to pay for everyone's tix, hotels on the ride home and theme park tix for 3 and money to spare for drinks and food etc.

We had a journal my buddy kept, and reading it after the fact it turns out we took 17 hits each of acid that night (12.31.99) (tolerance due to having taken acid on day 1) plus mescaline, speed, X, hash, brownies, champagne, beer and probably a few percocets...

Still tripping balls when the 7 hour set ended at sunrise we drove to Universal Studios... I think it was the island of adventure park, it had the 3d spider man ride which I stole the 3d glasses from. Everything was 3d for me all day.

i didnt sleep for 3-4 days.
Got my first sleep Jan 3rd.

I remember this girl in a white dress walked past me during the phish show and the tracers lasted so long that I could see her every step like one of those paper folded cut out things a kindergartener would make in art class. Tracers were lasting maybe 15 seconds or so, which combined with glowsticks and fireworks made for quite the visual experience.

Glad I did crazy shit while I was young.
It made it much easier to adjust into adulthood knowing I had really "left it all on the field"

... So I spent ton of money on Amazon and Wish that I wouldn't have dreamt of buying otherwise (Shit like cuddly toys, brightly coloured rugs, pajamas). It was far from the first or last time I did Robocough/DXM but I never had a high even close to that one time

Oh man.
Shopping on heavy drugs... bad idea.

Glad i am old and couldnt shop online when i was out of my head

I think that your body really handles that stuff best when you are young and healthy and durable. Similar to how hangovers get longer and more punishing as you get older, your body handles the drugs better in your physical prime, at least for me it worked like that.

Hippy flipping..?

New Years Eve 1999-2000 I was in the southern tip of Florida, everglades national park for a 3 day phish festival.

I had drove down from NY with a cooler including quarter pound of weed baked into brownies...
<Y2JSmirk> because if it was in brownie format then cops could never possibly figure out that the van that stunk of weed and was full of young crackheads would possibly have pot brownies.

Turned out that weed was actually quite hard to come by at that festival which could only be reached by multiple hour long drive. So between sale and barter, by the 3rd day of the festival, we had quite the collection of party favors, and made a goddamn fortune in cash money. Enough to pay for everyone's tix, hotels on the ride home and theme park tix for 3 and money to spare for drinks and food etc.

We had a journal my buddy kept, and reading it after the fact it turns out we took 17 hits each of acid that night (12.31.99) (tolerance due to having taken acid on day 1) plus mescaline, speed, X, hash, brownies, champagne, beer and probably a few percocets...

Still tripping balls when the 7 hour set ended at sunrise we drove to Universal Studios... I think it was the island of adventure park, it had the 3d spider man ride which I stole the 3d glasses from. Everything was 3d for me all day.

I remember this girl in a white dress walked past me during the phish show and the tracers lasted so long that I could see her every step like one of those paper folded cut out things a kindergartener would make in art class. Tracers were lasting maybe 15 seconds or so, which combined with glowsticks and fireworks made for quite the visual experience.

It made it much easier to adjust into adulthood knowing I had really "left it all on the field"

Oh man.

Good story.

I've done a ton of drugs but I've never partied at like raves and clubs. I'm always chilling with a small group of people. I still have some partying left to do - funny how you say you left it all on the field.. I've done that with like cocaine but I still want to party out in public and go to festivals and raves.

Y2JSmirk because if it was in brownie format then cops could never possibly figure out that the van that stunk of weed and was full of young crackheads would possibly have pot brownies.

I have so many memories similar to this, excellent post from a kindred spirit

I think weed is also a bit of a psychedelic... has some psychedelic qualities and normally enhances other psychedelics.

Do you remember smoking weed way back and having your mind opened to all kinds of new possibilities? I remember that that happened but I don't remember exactly how my thinking changed. I wish I could re-live that or experience it again somehow but IDK how to do that - I'm too used to weed now, even though I don't smoke often my mental tolerance is high. I've already gone through those experiences.

Last edited:

Hippy flipping..?

Oh man.

I was at Big Cyprus too, that traffic jam on HWY 1 was brutal.

Cheesecake!

Good story.

I've done a ton of drugs but I've never partied at like raves and clubs. I'm always chilling with a small group of people. I still have some partying left to do - funny how you say you left it all on the field.. I've done that with like cocaine but I still want to party out in public and go to festivals and raves.

Some of the best drug experiences I had were with a small group of close friends at home. Sitting around the coffee table smoking weed, climbing on the furniture, rearranging rooms to make dance floors, nailing blankets to the walls to black out the sun, taping aluminum foil over the TV with holes poked in it to make weird light patterns. Good times.

But the adventures are cool too. Mushrooms outside on a beautiful day, X &/or DXM at a club and dancing for hours, all of the above at Woodstock 99.

I think weed is also a bit of a psychedelic... has some psychedelic qualities and normally enhances other psychedelics.
I concur. I have definitely had weed experiences which had a psychedelic flavor to them.

Do you remember smoking weed way back and having your mind opened to all kinds of new possibilities? I remember that that happened but I don't remember exactly how my thinking changed. I wish I could re-live that or experience it again somehow but IDK how to do that - I'm too used to weed now, even though I don't smoke often my mental tolerance is high. I've already gone through those experiences.

That's part of what makes it special though, if you could recreate that infinitely it would become ordinary. Timing I think has a lot to do with it. Drugs during formative times can change your whole path in life.

I distinctly remember the trip where i realized that music had to be the focus of my life. It was a wild LONG experience where we strung 3 trips back to back. Started with acid at the beach at lunchtime or so, got back to college campus at sunset and friends of ours were doing mushrooms, then we went to NYC and took DXM. We were planning to go to a club but the DXM kicked in a little earlier than planned and we never found the club so we just parked and started to explore. We somehow found our way into this expansion basement section of a Wendy's and had an impromptu drum jam on the salad bar, then wound up climbing trees at sunrise as people were going to work.

On the ride home we were listening to DJ Shadow : "Entroducing DJ Shadow" (amazing album) and my friend taught me how to do a parradiddle. There is a line in one of the songs:

"I am a student of the drums...
but I am also a teacher of the drums."

25 years later, I am a drum teacher and will forever be a student of drums, piano, bass, harmonica, ukulele.

"It's not really me that's coming out,
the music is coming thru me,
the music is coming thru me,
music is coming thru me,
music is coming thru me."

I was at Big Cyprus too, that traffic jam on HWY 1 was brutal.

Cheesecake!
Say it like you're pissed

:mad:
Cheesecake! Cheesecake!!

No one is too advanced to where LSD couldn't be beneficial.

Sorry, but this is just isn't true. I don't think you understand the depth of what's possible through dedicated spiritual practices. As my practice has deepened, I've become less and less interested in psychedelics, and certainly have no longer have any interest in them for spiritual exploration or growth. I would still use them for personal work, thinking of them as a supercharged therapy session, but even there I can see myself getting to a place where they're no longer valuable in that regard either.

Referring back to what @terrapin said about lack of deep humility coming from people who use psychedelics as part of their practice, I wouldn't agree with that across the board, nor do I agree with all the other things he says about them, but I can see where he's coming from. Looking at the video @TheMaster posted, its a guy who used psychedelics for many years, and has all sorts of theories and ideas about the ultimate nature of the metaphysics of reality, as well as ideas about exactly what the future holds. The experiences he describes aren't anything particularly novel, I've had plenty of similar ones as well. There's a story from Jack Kornfield, an American meditation master/teacher, about when he left his teacher Ajahn Chah to practice in a different tradition for a time. That tradition emphasized deep states of concentration, which usually result in all sorts of intense peak/mystical type experiences. When Jack came back to Ajahn Chah and told him about these mystical experiences, Ajahn smiled and said, just one more thing to let go of. The point of the story is that the peak experiences become less and less important as your practice deepens, what really matters is here and now. Taking those mystical experiences and trying to construct some vast meaning about them is just getting lost in more stories about how things are, rather than living in direct contact with reality at all times. Further, it implies that you know something that you don't - as I've progressed on the path what becomes more and more clear to me is just how little I know.

There is a saying in Zen that I think applies here, only don't know. This is something I see across traditions, that while different traditions describe it in different ways, at the core or root of all things is divine mystery. None of us know what will happen in the future, nor do any of us understand the ultimate nature of the divine - there are aspects we can attribute to its manifestations, but its ultimate nature is a mystery. Coming to accept this mystery allows one to be fully open in each moment to the divine that is always present, here and now. As you do this, psychedelics start to lose their appeal, as its clear that where they are taking you isn't in the direction towards the ultimate that is beyond any forms and always present.

I'm not saying any of this to shit on psychedelics or judge those who are using them, as I posted earlier I've used them hundreds of times and have a deep sense of gratitude towards them, and I'm sure I will use them again in the future. Each of us is on our own path, but having gone fairly deeply down both paths, I can see that there is something you can get from consistent, dedicated spiritual practices that you most likely won't ever find through psychedelics.

LSD cured all my neighbors issues. She lit herself on fire and jumped out of a 3rd floor window.

Also, I talked to God about this and He said (believe me or don't) that no one could be more advanced than what LSD could help them with because no one is more 'advanced' than God and God guides trips on LSD. (sort of -- the 'universe' does it, but the 'universe' and God work hand-in-hand). No one is too advanced to where LSD couldn't be beneficial.
Sorry, but this is just isn't true.

It's true for the vast, vast majority of people. Probably 99.9%. I wouldn't say that the great mystics from history needed or would have benefitted from psychedelics but normal people like us, yes their always potentialy beneficial.

The part about God/The Universe acting through them can be very true.

I don't think you understand the depth of what's possible through dedicated spiritual practices. As my practice has deepened, I've become less and less interested in psychedelics, and certainly have no longer have any interest in them for spiritual exploration or growth. I would still use them for personal work, thinking of them as a supercharged therapy session, but even there I can see myself getting to a place where they're no longer valuable in that regard either.
Thats good, and I concur absolutely that dedicated spiritual practices and discipline hones your character in a way that psychedelics by themselves dont. Each person is individual though, so where for you psychedelics are feeling unnecessary, for others they may mutually reinforce their practices in a way not possible without.

Looking at the video @TheMaster posted, its a guy who used psychedelics for many years, and has all sorts of theories and ideas about the ultimate nature of the metaphysics of reality, as well as ideas about exactly what the future holds. The experiences he describes aren't anything particularly novel, I've had plenty of similar ones as well.
You haven't read the work and only gave a cursory watch of the talk and definitely not all of it, given your comments still dont align fully with it.
However, while many of us have mystical experiences the point is they are not experienced as 'theories' but rather as truths, often confirming whats said in various spiritual traditions.

There's a story from Jack Kornfield, an American meditation master/teacher, about when he left his teacher Ajahn Chah to practice in a different tradition for a time. That tradition emphasized deep states of concentration, which usually result in all sorts of intense peak/mystical type experiences. When Jack came back to Ajahn Chah and told him about these mystical experiences, Ajahn smiled and said, just one more thing to let go of. The point of the story is that the peak experiences become less and less important as your practice deepens, what really matters is here and now.
I wouldn't disagree here. Again though, there is no reason they cant be mutually reinforcing. Mystical type experiences can be centering and make you appreciate and live in the here and now more.

Taking those mystical experiences and trying to construct some vast meaning about them is just getting lost in more stories about how things are, rather than living in direct contact with reality at all times. Further, it implies that you know something that you don't - as I've progressed on the path what becomes more and more clear to me is just how little I know.
This depends on your perspective. I get the whole 'just live in the present' mindset and not to think too much, but there can be a larger meaning to things and for some psychedelics can help put that together.

Back