Psychedelics

So it's the equivalent of a self help book for addicts.
LSD offers everyone that takes it "wisdom" on their life and the circumstances they find themselves in. It's very powerful and persuasive. Helps you understand and accept things that are difficult to process that you probably never even thought of in the first place.

--

I had typed out: "Plus it's fun and can make you feel really good"

but I felt like that was disrespecting the LSD. LSD is a serious drug not to be taken lightly. The wisdom and spiritual experiences you can get from it are invaluable and I don't want to post something that would trivialize it.

LSD offers everyone that takes it "wisdom" on their life and the circumstances they find themselves in. It's very powerful and persuasive. Helps you understand and accept things that are difficult to process that you probably never even thought of in the first place.

Plus, it's fun and can feel really good.
Have you tried thinking of those things while sober? It may not come with the euphoric high but I believe you're perfectly capable of setting aside some time in the day to work on self improvement.

Have you tried thinking of those things while sober? It may not come with the euphoric high but I believe you're perfectly capable of setting aside some time in the day to work on self improvement.

Yes, obviously I think about my life while I'm sober. A lot. LSD is like thinking on steroids. I didn't say that in order to improve your life you MUST take LSD, only that it will definitely help you to do so.

There is a narration that comes with LSD and it's very wise, but when I say I was given intuitive spiritual understanding, I don't mean words. The fact that life is meaningful and important was like received by my soul and my body as a fact, not as some words that were being said in my head. I was gifted an UNDERSTANDING that went soul-deep in me. That can only happen on LSD or during some other equally powerful spiritual experience.

I think thats a stretch...they came hand in hand in a big way in the 60's its true but meditation was coming anyway. Just look at the all pervasiveness of mindfulness now, there was no stopping it.
The synergy is quite something though.

Obviously no one can say for sure what would have happened if past conditions had been different, but I don't think you can say that just because its pervasive now, it would have happened regardless. The overwhelming majority of people who laid the groundwork for where things are now with meditation in the west started with psychedelics. Had those people not gone searching in the east for mystical traditions, and had the overall changes to society that happened with the hippy movement not occurred, its very possible meditation would have never taken hold in the west the way it did.

Last edited:
So it's the equivalent of a self help book for addicts.

That's a pretty ignorant way of reducing the magnitude of the experience. Timothy Leary, who had a phd in clinical psychology and was working as a lecturer at Harvard said of his first psychedelic experience, 'I learned more about myself and the human mind in those 10 hours than I had in my entire professional career.' To reduce that to 'a self help book for addicts' is pretty absurd, and is likely rooted in a programmed bias you have towards mind altering substances.

A post like this and somebody's book is not going to change an opinion ive formed over 25 years of watching people who use psychedelics and meditate and do serious disciplines and who don't use them. And I am 100% convinced that it is always a better outcome if you're not using psychedelics at all, except maybe at the very beginning.

I wouldn't classify it as a puritanical idea. I would classify it as basic observation over long periods of time. My observation is that it is genuinely harmful to people's path instead of helpful, but you can only know that if you've actually come a very long way along a path and can compare what it's like to be there with what it's like for people who think they're there because psychedelics have helped them.

I think it is always harmful but particularly harmful during certain stages of the journey. One set of them in particular "the dark nights" are a particularly sensitive time where psychedelics run totally at cross purposes to the action of God in the soul.

The only exception I make to that is if someone did psychedelics early in their journey and it opened the door to possibilities. Beyond that, I think it pollutes that opening and colors it and makes it dirtier and less real.

I would largely agree if you're comparing psychedelics to a serious, dedicated and lifelong spiritual practice, but that doesn't apply for most people. For the overwhelming majority of people, psychedelics can have radically transformative positive effects on their life, and this is backed by plenty of clinical data.

Oh and I tripped over my cat and I thought some of my toe accidentally emerged on to him and I felt bad but I expected him and my toes were not a part of his being
Clippy my brother how the FUCK have you been?

A post like this and somebody's book is not going to change an opinion ive formed over 25 years of watching people who use psychedelics and meditate and do serious disciplines and who don't use them.
Maybe, maybe not. If you have a set opinion it will probably be resistant to change despite strong contrary evidence.

And I am 100% convinced that it is always a better outcome if you're not using psychedelics at all, except maybe at the very beginning.
You can only speak for yourself and what you have observed, and even there there is a caveat.
What I can say is I am 100% convinced its a case by case basis and in many cases its a far better outcome with, including mine.

I wouldn't classify it as a puritanical idea. I would classify it as basic observation over long periods of time. My observation is that it is genuinely harmful to people's path instead of helpful, but you can only know that if you've actually come a very long way along a path and can compare what it's like to be there with what it's like for people who think they're there because psychedelics have helped them

That's not what I was discussing though, that's an assumption you made. I didn't, and I dont think psychedelics are any kind of 'replacement' for spiritual practices. What I was describing and pointing to was something much rarer and probably you have never seen, definitely not to anywhere near this extent, which is disciplined spiritual practice combined with disciplined psychedelic use both done together over decades and the results.

Done the right way the benefits cant be denied and go far beyond either approach done in isolation.

I would largely agree if you're comparing psychedelics to a serious, dedicated and lifelong spiritual practice, but that doesn't apply for most people. For the overwhelming majority of people, psychedelics can have radically transformative positive effects on their life, and this is backed by plenty of clinical data.
I totally agree with this fyi and would even recommend it to someone on that level man. But first I would try to get them doing a solid practice.

It will be interesting if John Marco Allegro's writings ever become accepted by the indoctrinated .... likely not as it's harder to control the one true message ( donation required ) if everyone has a direct conduit to the truth and everyone's truth is their own - then what use are the key holder's to the corporate truth and so demonize the gateway to illumination .

Maybe, maybe not. If you have a set opinion it will probably be resistant to change despite strong contrary evidence.

You can only speak for yourself and what you have observed, and even there there is a caveat.
What I can say is I am 100% convinced its a case by case basis and in many cases its a far better outcome with, including mine.

That's not what I was discussing though, that's an assumption you made. I didn't, and I dont think psychedelics are any kind of 'replacement' for spiritual practices. What I was describing and pointing to was something much rarer and probably you have never seen, definitely not to anywhere near this extent, which is disciplined spiritual practice combined with disciplined psychedelic use both done together over decades and the results.

Done the right way the benefits cant be denied and go far beyond either approach done in isolation.
I have witnessed a lots and lots of people who have a disciplined practice and use psychedelics. That's something I've seen a great deal of.

Keep in mind man that I've been meditating for three to seven hours a day for the last 25 years and have done nothing but immerse myself in various spiritual communities and I can say honestly with no exaggeration that I've known hundreds and hundreds of deeply devoted spiritual seekers.

I don't mind that you disagree. It's totally okay with me. But it is my experience that everyone who is using psychedelics has less than the people who are not in the long term All things being equal.

I am 100% convinced that it pollutes the path and colors it in a way that is unnatural and isn't what people think that it is.

I don't share this to convince you and like I said, I really just don't mind at all if you share a different opinion. I share it for the people I know will read this who psychedelics are hurting and no one is telling them but that if it's pointed out they will begin to see that it is actually holding them back, not helping them.

I think this is always true, but I think it is especially true, like I said in very specific stages of spirituality that psychedelic use is profoundly at cross purposes with.

Anyway, that's all I'm going to say in this back and forth because I don't want to do a debate about spirituality because I think that's disgusting.

Last edited:
Is there still legit acid around ?!? Will fly there if so
I'm in Chicago and been asking for a while. Shrooms is about all I can find. Noone has legit safe L that I have seen since the 00s. I stay away as you never know what's in it now..

And I don't trust Molly/X either due to fentynol chance.

I do know a guy that has DMT . Had that a few times its been crazy I might try again but you have to have another person there watching you..

Whatever you do never try Salvia just trust me there.

2g of mushrooms is a solid dose especially for your first time, being up and out in the world would likely be overwhelming for most people.

The best way to take mushrooms is in silent darkness, at least for the first few hours.
Disagree best way to take Shrooms is during the day on a nature walk or at a beach that's not crowded. Also 2g of shrooms they better be strong like cubes/PE I usually grind up about an 1/8 an make a tea.

I tried the dark room trip . Got to nightmarish after a while and wasn't fun ended up a bad trip.

Disagree best way to take Shrooms is during the day on a nature walk or at a beach that's not crowded. Also 2g of shrooms they better be strong like cubes/PE I usually grind up about an 1/8 an make a tea.

I tried the dark room trip . Got to nightmarish after a while and wasn't fun ended up a bad trip.

I like tripping at night so I'm up for the sunrise on the beach in the morning.

I think I'm getting my LSD in on Thursday and it's tricky because I have to get up for work early Saturday morning... I think I'll break my routine of tripping at night and try to dose at 2pm or 3pm, that way it gives me 16-18 hours until sunrise the next day and then I can pass out until like 1pm and then go to bed early for work and hopefully I'll be able to sleep. I think the LSD will last the full 16-18 hours, but I also will have weed to keep the trip at a high level for longer. I plan on dosing 400micrograms of 1cp-LSD which is stronger than the 1p-LSD I have always taken before. I'm expecting 100ug of 1cp-LSD to equal about 110ug of 1p-LSD.

Should be fun - I'll do a trip report in here. I'm gonna be in space, lmao <lol>

That's a pretty ignorant way of reducing the magnitude of the experience. Timothy Leary, who had a phd in clinical psychology and was working as a lecturer at Harvard said of his first psychedelic experience, 'I learned more about myself and the human mind in those 10 hours than I had in my entire professional career.' To reduce that to 'a self help book for addicts' is pretty absurd, and is likely rooted in a programmed bias you have towards mind altering substances.

tumblr_melkgxAETs1rmdjjno1_400.gif

That's exactly how I felt after my first 350microgram trip that I've discussed at length in here. I really got where Ram Dass and Leary were like, "fuck all this harvard shit, what's going on with LSD?!"

Oh shit, my LSD is getting here today !!

I'm taking 400micrograms of 1cp-LSD which is a little bit stronger than 1p-LSD (which is about equal to pure LSD-25). I'm expecting this to feel like 440micrograms of 1p-LSD. I'm also getting an ounce of Ultra Sour weed -- super excited. I think I'm gonna dose at 2pm and try to stay up until sunrise tomorrow (if I can even go... I might feel too vulnerable to be in public much, that's happened before on 400ug - I couldn't go to the beach, I felt too raw, too exposed - it sounds bad but it's not that bad I just didn't want to be out and about). Wish me luck :)

If anyone has any great LSD movie recommendations I'd appreciate it!

I'm queuing up Black Swan, Predestination (this is like MY movie but I don't think I've ever seen it on LSD for some reason), and There Will Be Blood which I heard was really good on LSD (from @HenryFlower ), also The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Last edited:
If anyone has any great LSD movie recommendations I'd appreciate it!

I'm queuing up Black Swan, Predestination (this is like MY movie but I don't think I've ever seen it on LSD for some reason), and There Will Be Blood which I heard was really good on LSD (from @HenryFlower ), also The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Try Enter the Void by Gaspar Noe

Also anything by Alejandro Jodorowsky (The Holy Mountain or El Topo would be my first recommendations)

Back