Proud of Sherdog tonight

Mortal Wombat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We for the most part hate each other. For pretty good reason too. But seeing that the huge majority have come together to call for heads to roll against what is the biggest robbery in a title fight in the sports history says a lot about our character as a whole. Has this been done before to this degree?!

Apart from Jon's fans I haven't seen a decent poster say otherwise.

DR 1,2,3
The Peoples LHW Champion

dominick-reyes-getty-750.jpg

We for the most part hate each other. For pretty good reason too. But seeing that the huge majority have come together to call for heads to roll against what is the biggest robbery in a title fight in the sports history says a lot about our character as a whole. Has this been done before to this degree?!

Apart from Jon's fans I haven't seen a decent poster say otherwise.

DR 1,2,3
The Peoples LHW Champion

dominick-reyes-getty-750.jpg
Good call mate, together we must force Dana into making an immediate rematch.

This moral/people’s champ BS is BS.

with that said Reyes got Robbed and should get at least a license to pulse,just like Pokes ,to make things even.

First time I see Gsp and Silva fans agree. Same with Khabib and Conor tards too. Reyes is the biggest peoples champ of all time for real.

I’m not saying I think Jon won, but I am curious how Sherdog feel about what this says about judging. Is more weight being put into “Octagon Control” than what we thought?

I’m not saying I think Jon won, but I am curious how Sherdog feel about what this says about judging. Is more weight being put into “Octagon Control” than what we thought?
Only now its the most important part of MMA. But not when Conor runs from Nate though.

I don't hate anyone except liars and shills.

The "problem" is Sherdog allows open dialogue without slant moderation. This will cause the controlled media to buy out Sherdog for allot of $$$$$$.

When that happens you will see the same censorship and slant moderation you see at MMA Junkie.

This was an obvious robbery. But their long term goal is to take control of the MMA media so they can pull the kind of shit they pulled tonight more often. It's harder to rig fights and make millions when people have free speech.

MMA Junkie and ESPN is literally cherry picking tweets like this is a a normal fight. This fight was a total robbery. It was an obvious effort to keep Jones on top for PPV buys.

I swear when I heard Rogan and Cruz complimenting Jones non-stop - and ignoring Reyes - I thought the fix is in .... the Judges are going to Rob Reyes ..

This is NOT why I watch UFC. I would rather watch some no name backyard MMA promotion with real fights than this shit ... .

This was a total set up and robbery. The fact they would do this on the heels of Cerrone taking a dive I never expected. That is just blatant greed. I don't even think the mafia would be that stupid.

Last edited:
UFC 247's judging is the epitome of inconsistency.

Lafiti manhandled Lewis on the ground, but the ref did not like that so he stood them up.

Yes, Bones did make a few inconsequential take down attempts/take downs, but none of these lasted for more than a few seconds...

So Lewis lands a few strikes, is man handled for much of the fight but still wins the decision.

On the other hand, Jones eats three rounds worth of head kicks but wins in lieu of a couple of two second take downs.

WTF!

The "problem" is Sherdog allows open dialogue without slant moderation. This will cause the controlled media to buy out Sherdog for allot of $$$$$$.

When that happens you will see the same censorship and slant moderation you see at MMA Junkie.

This was an obvious robbery. But their long term goal is to take control of the MMA media so they can pull the kind of shit they pulled tonight more often. It's harder to rig fights and make millions when people have free speech.

MMA Junkie and ESPN is literally cherry picking tweets like this is a a normal fight. This fight was a total robbery. It was an obvious effort to keep Jones on top for PPV buys.

I swear when I heard Rogan and Cruz complimenting Jones non-stop - and ignoring Reyes - I thought the fix is in .... the Judges are going to Rob Reyes ..

This is NOT why I watch UFC. I would rather watch some no name backyard MMA promotion with real fights than this shit ... .

This was a total set up and robbery. The fact they would do this on the heels of Cerrone taking a dive I never expected. That is just blatant greed. I don't even think the mafia would be that stupid.
I agree with a lot of what you said except for Cerrone taking a dive. Cerrone is shop worn and had nothing for Conor, period.

Great post. Problem that Conor and Jones's fans dont see that this will come back to bite all of us in the ass in the future. The hardcores think its bad now, wait until every card is like this just like Boxing. Always BS and thats why its a dying sport compared to what it was. Its even on the fucking news here that the fight was complete BS.

'I can't get angry enough': MMA community up in arms over controversial Jon Jones victory

https://wwos.nine.com.au/news/ufc-2...ck-reyes/69cbea2c-e71e-416a-94a9-9c9f66b6f49a

Rogan in damage control because he was apart of it. Joe needs to go. Judges need to go. Herb needs to go.

Good call mate, together we must force Dana into making an immediate rematch.

A rematch would favor Jones. There was less tape on Reyes than Jones. But now Jones knows how Reyes fights and what to expect. UFC just fucked Reyes career. Who wants to fight for an promotion that fixes fights and gives title shots to people who don't earn them ?

I agree with a lot of what you said except for Cerrone taking a dive. Cerrone is shop worn and had nothing for Conor, period.
That's a bad matchup for Cerrone in his prime, which ended several years ago.

I think it all happened because you forgot to put your tinfoil hat on when you were watching.
Get a grip. MMA (and boxing) judges are shit. This isn't a new thing (118-110 Canelo in GGG vs Canelo happened). It wasn't a fix and nothing Cruz or Rogan had and impact on the judging as the judges can't hear it.
Commissions employ shitty judges and even if they're as terrible as Adalaide Byrd who scored 118-110 Canelo they're not removed she was just dropped from world title fights in Nevada but could still judge other fights and title fights outside Vegas.

Honestly, by the end of the second round, I knew Reyes would deserve to win but get robbed. My friend who was watching it said it without me even mentioning what I was thinking at first. We were both sure of it and openly calling the ending by the third round.

I was still hanging out after the fight, so I didn't get to see how people here were responding, but man that was bullshit.

Last robbery I can remember was Diaz vs Mcgregor 2

I am not a Conor fan anymore but that was not a robbery. Conor won that. There was school that day and Conor was the teacher, Conor sat Diaz' ass about 3 times.

Honestly, by the end of the second round, I knew Reyes would deserve to win but get robbed. My friend who was watching it said it without me even mentioning what I was thinking at first. We were both sure of it and openly calling the ending by the third round.
At the end of the second round,i was definitley interested,but i wasnt convinced about nothin till he had the 3rd round in the bag.

Its still amazing how he evaded those takedowns. GoDDAMN he did not wanna lose.

Back