Protein shakes

xbourquex

White Belt
Reaction score
I usually take 2 protein shakes a day, one before weight lifting and one after Muay Thai and BJJ class. I was wondering how many shakes you take per day?

First Shake

Apple Juice & Coconut Water
Ice
Pineapple
Banana
1/2 scoop Greens+
1 Scoop Nature's Best Isopure Low Carb Dutch Chocolate
Oats

Second Shake

Milk
Ice
1 Scoop Nature's Best Isopure Low Carb Dutch Chocolate
Oats

Before you get 30 replies suggesting to read the faq... go read it.

Umm, im not asking a question to know what's right or not, and yes I did read the faq. I am asking out of sheer curiosity? Like a poll basically.

What is coconut water? I've never heard of that. Are you referring to the milk inside of the coconut?

What made you choose "Nature's Best" ?

The low carbs, Im doing comps quite often so trying to stay at my weight. Why you heard it wasn't good or something?

Answer#2 Blend of coconut water,milk and juice. Atleast that's what the label says ;)

coconut water sounds interesting...

Anyway, I take 2 to 4 a day. One PWO assuming it's not a rest day, and 2 or 3 throughout my 12-hour work shift. I generally try to eat whole food when I get to work, a shake a few hours later, another real meal around mid-shift, a shake 3 hours later and another shake for the hour drive home.

Also, I'd cut out the apple juice. Read THIS for a good reason.

if I would of posted something like this, 20000 ppl would of replied telling me to read the faQ and then the thread would of been closed

if I would of posted something like this, 20000 ppl would of replied telling me to read the faQ and then the thread would of been closed

You sound a little angry and resentful. Do you need a hug?

I think everyone is alot nicer now. :icon_surp

I try to get to about 4 a day if possible although where possible i substitute my bedtime shake for cottage cheese so i have 3 protein shakes and a serving of cottage cheese

Including my PWO shake I try to squeeze in 2-3 a day. Usually one mid-morning, one PWO, and sometimes one at bedtime.

MAN! Now, I'm questioning everything before I put it in my omouth! Probably long overdue though ....

same here, i've been drinking fruit juices all my life, why the hell would they make those little lunchpack juices who are suppose to be healthy?

I have 3-4 shakes a day...

For 2 of them I do...
40-45 grams of whey protein
10 ml of fish oil
1 tablespoon of flax meal
3.5 grams of a fiber supplement
250 ml of V8 or similar product...

The other(s) will be...
40-45 grams of whey
4 tablespoon of flax meal

and/or this...
40-45 whey...
10 ml fish oil
7 grams of fiber supplement

In case your wondering...
My 2-3 meals are a lot more flexible, but I try to have <400 calories with a 33/33/33 fat/carb/protein ratio...

I have 3-4 shakes a day...

For 2 of them I do...
40-45 grams of whey protein
10 ml of fish oil
3.5 grams of a fiber supplement
250 ml of V8 or similar product...

The other(s) will be...
40-45 grams of whey
4 tablespoon of flax meal

and/or this...
40-45 whey...
10 ml fish oil
7 grams of fiber supplement

In case your wondering...
My 2-3 meals are a lot more flexible, but I try to have <400 calories with a 33/33/33 fat/carb/protein ratio...

On workout days I have three or four shakes, usually one shake is 2 scoops of syntha-6.

i really like muscle milk, but i need to expand my horizons a little

Back