40-45 grams of whey
4 tablespoon of flax meal

and/or this...
40-45 whey...
10 ml fish oil
1 tablespoon of flax meal
7 grams of fiber supplement

In case your wondering...
My 2-3 meals are a lot more flexible, but I try to have <400 calories with a 33/33/33 fat/carb/protein ratio...

You should read Randy Couture's thoughts on alkalinity and the amount of protein an athlete truly needs. In short, 120+ grams of protein, plus what you get from 3 other daily meals is definitely overkill, unless you weigh like 300lbs and are working out hard 3x daily. According to Randy, this type of HIGH protein supplementation is strictly for bodybuilding types. Combat athletes need to worry much more about the acidity that all that whey brings to your body. Basically most protein sources (from animals) cause high acidity and need to be balanced with greens. Further, supplements like beta-alanine, creatine, glutamine, etc should be used to aid recovery instead of overdosing on protein.

usually one in the morning and one postWO

in terms of whey ive used, ON, isopure, and cytogainer

dont really use musclemilk anymore

whats going on guys?

im over here in Iraq and wanted to know how it would be best to take my protein shakes. i work 10 hour shifts, then train at like 8 at nite. i drink a shake PWO but should i be drinking one during the day or is it too much?
i have fruitein, whey protein, otameal and miracle 2000.
is it okay to mix the fruitein and the whey or is it too much protein altogether?
any suggestions is good.
im pretty new. so i wanted to try it out,
thanks alot guys.

later.

I try to get to about 4 a day if possible although where possible i substitute my bedtime shake for cottage cheese so i have 3 protein shakes and a serving of cottage cheese

you eat before going to bed:mad:

This is my shake..

1 cup iced green tea
1 scoop vanilla flavored milk protein blend
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1 serving of greens product
3 tbsp plain yogurt
3 tbsp whole grain oatmeal (dry)

Surprisingly enough...it tastes quite good and is loaded with antioxidants coming from the Berries/Greens+. This is from John Berardis 'Precision Nutrition' Book btw.

Whey is incredibly anabolic (think recovery), so consuming a couple of shakes a day is definitely a good idea.

whats going on guys?

i drink a shake PWO but should i be drinking one during the day or is it too much?
i have fruitein, whey protein, otameal and miracle 2000.
is it okay to mix the fruitein and the whey or is it too much protein altogether?

later.

I agree that acidity is often overlooked, but it's easily mitigated by a decent vegetable intake. Perhaps more importantly, the anabolic (recovery) effects of whey greatly outweigh any potential drawbacks.

Combat athletes need to worry much more about the acidity that all that whey brings to your body. Basically most protein sources (from animals) cause high acidity and need to be balanced with greens. Further, supplements like beta-alanine, creatine, glutamine, etc should be used to aid recovery instead of overdosing on protein.

What the hell, we've got Dave Barr and Justin Harris posting in D&S today. I guess this place is getting popular. Pop tarts FTW!

Back