protecting your groin during chokes, in a real fight

I know a good story.
A BJJ Black Belt was giving class/seminar when someone - kung fu guy - defiantly said he'd rip his balls off if he tried a triangle on him. The black belt told him that even IF he grabbed his balls, he'd finish the triangle. Kung fu guy accepted the challenge.
Jujitero puts on the triangle, the other dude grabs his balls with his free hand. Jiujitero, despite the pain, doesn't let go of the triangle and chokes the other guy senseless.
The blackbelt wasn't able to walk for three days because of purple balls, but he proved his point: he finished the choke, and had it been a real fight, he would've stomped Kung-fu-guy's brains against the pavement while he was out.

I've triangled and armbarred people who were trying to grab my balls. They didn't succeed because i was conscious they were going to try it. Just have to be careful about it.
It wasn't a street fight, but it was some crazy "no rules" randori with Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu (ninjas) guys. Eye poking, groin strikes, biting, hair pulling was allowed. I never recurred to those and i can say i was never close to being finished (except one time when i was grabbed by the mouth (literally), but was able to escape with only a hurt mouth).
And I never got my balls grabbed even if they attempted it. With the triangle you just have to hold their free arm with one of yours, and when in mount just go for the grapevine.
One time a guy tried to grab my balls when he was in my guard. When he grabbed my pants close-by, i released his hands, grabbed his head by the ears and put my thumbs on his eyes. I told him that if he was going to grab my balls, i was going to blind him.

IF in a street fight someone grabs my balls, i'll poke his undefended eyes with my thumbs "28 days later style". I'm sure he'll let go, and if he doesn't, well, i'll have to ice my balls for a week and he'll have to get a guide dog.

Dude, you've rolled with ninjas. *speechless*

Dude, you've rolled with ninjas. *speechless*

I did. Only ninja-dojo i know where rolling was done.
They suck at it, but it was nice to see some of them at least trying.
And i said "was" because they don't do it anymore. After i injuried the ninja sensei with an armbar because he wouldn't tap - on his birthday, in front of all of his students and his girlfriend - they started doing less randori, until eventually, they stopped doing it at all.
The best part was that when they did randori, it didn't look anything like their ninja-super-uber-cool-moves. It looked like a school brawl with weird stances for an introduction.

I did. Only ninja-dojo i know where rolling was done.
They suck at it, but it was nice to see some of them at least trying.
And i said "was" because they don't do it anymore. After i injuried the ninja sensei with an armbar because he wouldn't tap - on his birthday, in front of all of his students and his girlfriend - they started doing less randori, until eventually, they stopped doing it at all.
Am I the only person who sees this as kind of sad (for the rest of his class)? And the instructor? You've probably undermined his whole source of a living. Although teaching people techniques that don't work isn't the most honest way to make a living.

One question - are there any actual good athletes who train there? Often the TMA is a refuge for those who don't want to admit that even with enough of the right training, there are those who will never be great or even good fighters. And that's not to say they don't have value as people, it's just that fighting is not their forte.

Last edited:
Am I the only person who sees this as kind of sad (for the rest of his class)? And the instructor? You've probably undermined his whole source of a living. Although teaching people techniques that don't work isn't the most honest way to make a living.

One question - are there any actual good athletes who train there? Often the TMA is a refuge for those who don't want to admit that even with enough of the right training, there are those who will never be great or even good fighters. And that's not to say they don't have value as people, it's just that fighting is not their forte.

I don't find it sad at all. I waited for him to tap and instead - first - he tried to grab my balls and - secondly- tried to twist my toes. So i cranked it a bit and by no means it was a break, not even a serious injury, just a crank.

I had tapped him before in front of his students many times and they didn't quit his classes because of it. He still has quite a lot of students, and he makes a living out of it.

About the athletic part: Maybe 1 out of 20 ninjas are fit. Most of them are unfit (either skinny or overweight) people. They even preach that for "real fighting" stuff like strength and conditioning are useless, and go as far as to mock people who train those for combat sports.
Many TMA's (like most ninja schools) are optimal for the unathletic kind of people. There's no strength nor conditioning. There's minimal exertion during training. Training is done with compliant partners. There's normally no sparring.
That makes the bottom of the food chain stick to the ninja class. They go to the first classes and see they can "hang in there" with those "killer dudes".

In Bujinkan they even preach that Bujinkan training is not for everybody because it "hurts". And, well, yeah, getting softly punched or wristlocked while your partner performes a kata on you, does hurt and will maybe leave a bruise... But IMO, if you take ninjas to a wrestling training session, 90% of them will vomit, cry and quit after the first hour of training.

they are not going to be able to generate any power from the bottom while getting choked

if you can't endure 3-4 seconds of ball taps and grabbing in a street fight then you need to sack up

pun intended

I've triangled and armbarred people who were trying to grab my balls. They didn't succeed because i was conscious they were going to try it. Just have to be careful about it.
It wasn't a street fight, but it was some crazy "no rules" randori with Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu (ninjas) guys. Eye poking, groin strikes, biting, hair pulling was allowed. I never recurred to those and i can say i was never close to being finished (except one time when i was grabbed by the mouth (literally), but was able to escape with only a hurt mouth).
And I never got my balls grabbed even if they attempted it. With the triangle you just have to hold their free arm with one of yours, and when in mount just go for the grapevine.
One time a guy tried to grab my balls when he was in my guard. When he grabbed my pants close-by, i released his hands, grabbed his head by the ears and put my thumbs on his eyes. I told him that if he was going to grab my balls, i was going to blind him.

IF in a street fight someone grabs my balls, i'll poke his undefended eyes with my thumbs "28 days later style". I'm sure he'll let go, and if he doesn't, well, i'll have to ice my balls for a week and he'll have to get a guide dog.

Hahahaha! Those Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu ninja idiot guys! LOL! I dated a girl that took that lame shit and she invited me to grapple at her class. I totally owned her sensei when he tried to pinch my arm and and tried to grab my balls. I got angry because that shit was annoying, so I just mounted his back and kept bitch slapping the back of his head until he tapped. Then he stopped doing that pinching shit and I owned him even more. It was funny.

Back