• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections Project 2025 major right wing groups plan on creating a new super super pack

No one has ever made the argument that this is new. The statement is that it's more visible, blatant, and overt. Death of a euphemism kind of thing. It doesnt matter if you heard this rhetoric 40 years ago, because it WAS around then. Its just louder and more blatant now, and being furthered by people getting into power who believe it, but are less educated than the people who dreamt it up. The Boeberts and MTG's of the World, ineffective politicians whose sole job is to obstruct, do damage, and stir the base with inflammatory rhetoric. No one is making the contention that any of this just popped up recently, or began with Trump, or even will end with Trump. Bannon kind of let that cat out of the bag when he yelled at some podcasters that Trump is just a figurehead and that the endgame has nothing to do with him
I think there's a strain running through a lot of liberal commentary that rightists have recently lost their way, and that pines for a time when the GOP was more respectable. But it overlooks that the conservative movement specifically has been nuts since it started (in the '50s). It is true that it wasn't in full control of the party until more recently, and then there were still attempts to filter the crazy for normal audiences that have faded.

I guess you guys better not lose the upcoming democratic election, 'eh? Be a real shame if the majority of voters welcomed all that, as opposed to what your side is doing...

You keep endlessly looping this point as if authoritarian autocrats haven't almost always taken advantage of democratic processes only to dismantle them once they have power.

And I really don't give a f*ck about you're advertising that "the majority of voters welcomed all that" in a political climate where your preferred side does everything they can to keep voter turnout low, disenfranchise voters, gerrymander out the wazoo and then overtly threaten to impeach judges who might undo said gerrymandering, and erode legislative protections to voting rights.

You dont get to use "democratic" as a cudgel while backing people who only view democracy as a tool they intend to take away from anyone who disagrees with them.

You keep endlessly looping this point as if authoritarian autocrats haven't almost always taken advantage of democratic processes only to dismantle them once they have power.
And what gave them the power? It certainly couldn't have been your team's fucking idiocy, right? No Sir!

LOL.

Stick to laughing smiley's. You guys are on the verge of losing to a felon, because you suck so bad.

I think there's a strain running through a lot of liberal commentary that rightists have recently lost their way, and that pines for a time when the GOP was more respectable. But it overlooks that the conservative movement specifically has been nuts since it started (in the '50s). It is true that it wasn't in full control of the party until more recently, and then there were still attempts to filter the crazy for normal audiences that have faded.

I DO think this was a slow burn. This is essentially revenge for Women's Suffrage and fhe Civil Rights movements. It just wasn't really going anywhere until Francis Schaeffer united the religious right against abortion, which spurred the unification of other conservative groups to this cause...but allowed for the furthering of more regressive ideologies to ferment.

in a political climate where your preferred side does everything they can to keep voter turnout low, disenfranchise voters, gerrymander out the wazoo and then overtly threaten to impeach judges who might undo said gerrymandering, and erode legislative protections to voting rights.

is this eroding voter rights?

2ka2uw.png

You dont get to use "democratic" as a cudgel while backing people who only view democracy as a tool they intend to take away from anyone who disagrees with them.

the irony of this after jailing half the country's candidate....

And what gave them the power? It certainly couldn't have been your team's fucking idiocy, right? No Sir!

LOL.

Stick to laughing smiley's.

I don't have a "team"...that's you. See you're just a partisan clown and this is little more than a juvenile "gotcha" attempt. You wont catch me putting forth a "Dems good, Repubs bad" narrative because it's more nuanced than that and I'd never argue otherwise. That said this manifesto is comically bad and all the gotchas and hand-waving in the World isnt gonna change that.

is this eroding voter rights?

2ka2uw.png

the irony of this after jailing half the country's candidate....

Who the f*ck is jailed? That dude was causing people heat stroke in a park right by my house last weekend.

Lol@"half the Country"

That old democratic coup...

Fuck me, you guys are embarrassing. Maybe don't elect a decrepit old mummy next time.

So they want to control everything and no one else gets a say? Thats a Coup..

Heritage Foundation needs to be smashed into a million pieces IMO for the sake of the right. Good luck attracting voters with those nut jobs arounds. The only voters you're gonna get is people sick of the left, not anyone that actually likes the right.

Heritage Foundation needs to be smashed into a million pieces IMO for the sake of the right. Good luck attracting voters with those nut jobs arounds. The only voters you're gonna get is people sick of the left, not anyone that actually likes the right.
Seems like the “sick of the left” demographic is growing by the day. Might be worth cajoling.

Fat inbred pussies can bring it on. None of them can use their guns properly when they aren't shooting a defenseless minority anyway.

Seems like the “sick of the left” demographic is growing by the day. Might be worth cajoling.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I'd much rather have people vote for me because they believe in me rather than the other side being even more trash.

Last edited:
I still get a kick out of this fear mongering about “project 2025”

The big American conservative conspiracy to elect an American conservative to office and push a conservative agenda when in office. Who knew?

This is the long game.

I bet the same people clutching pearls about a conservative think tanks “agenda” scoffs at people having a problem with UN or WEF agendas with target years.

So you read Project 2025 and in your opinion that's just the conservative agenda?

Stripping away the checks and balances and consolidating absolute power is just what it means to be conservative?

The number of CEO's and billionaires from companies like Tim Cook from Apple or Tim Apple if you're Trump "I guess Trump's stance on gay rights don't mean as much as money to Timmy", well I will never buy another Apple product because this is the 5th time I see Tim's name mentioned in ether fund raising or part of committees tied to Trump. Jamie Diamond "The right used to lose their sh$t with things like Diamond is Democrats money man lol", I was surprised no mention of Elon Musk on this committee, Mark Zuckerberg, I did not see Lawrence Ellison's name but I only saw a short clip of the names.

Super Pacs have been around for a decade. A little late to the party there
The actually interesting part of the story here is the agenda. Trump has been pretty reluctant to talk about actual policies, largely because he doesn't really care about policy aside from stuff that personally enriches him. Even when he floats stuff, his supporters tend to think it's so dumb that it's not something he'd really do, especially since he lies all the time. So this actually gives us a look at what rightists who will be making policy if there's a second Trump administration are looking at. It's actually the most important story of the election (as the stuff like "Biden is a bad dancer or stuttered once" that tends to dominate the news is interesting to partisans but totally irrelevant).

Back