Professional Fighters League- 2018 Season

Don't know how anyone can pay that much juice after Brooks' UFC run. Lentz was outmatched in size, wrestling and striking, and Will literally gave Nik the only way he could win. Firmino is no joke, and could definitely beat Ross Pearson, who gave Brooks fits.

Don't know how anyone can pay that much juice after Brooks' UFC run. Lentz was outmatched in size, wrestling and striking, and Will literally gave Nik the only way he could win. Firmino is no joke, and could definitely beat Ross Pearson, who gave Brooks fits.
The odds on that fight are way off. Most of the underdogs on this card are way overpriced. I have two hundred bucks on Firmino at over +300. This is practically a coin flip fight for me and that is a very generous price.

Only favs that I played were Markes + Harrison. I like the other dogs. Were prelim odds listed by now on the previous event?

Facebook prelims odds just came out. I like Smealinho Rama at +130 over Brandon Halsey.

Google translate of a recent Thiago Tavares interview:

The career of the fighter Thiago Tavares, 33, is in the process of transformation. Without facing a rival from February 2017, the little hand moved to Buenos Aires, Argentina, and now studies medicine at the Héctor A. Barcelo Foundation. However, this Thursday, June 21, in Chicago, USA, he takes a break from the books and returns to the cages to debut in the Professional Fighters League (PFL), an American MMA event at the Grand Prix worth $ 1 million to the winner.

Tavares's opponent is the American Robert Watley, for the light-weight category (70kg). On the phone, the little hand commented on the change in life, including country, and how it comes to debut in the PFL.

- I arrive enthusiastic, happy and with much overcoming. For besides dedicating myself to my studies, which take seven to eight hours in my day, I have to do my workouts in high yield for a professional fight. I confess that for days I wonder if I can do it.

After 11 years of fighting in the UFC, the PFL's opportunity is to make a big chunk if they win the fight, something that certainly encourages him. However, the way the event is organized also made a difference in accepting the challenge.

"It was actually a sum of factors. The value they offered me for fighting, along with the values of the GP, no doubt, were very pleasant. However, the model that this event operates is based on meritocracy, you win or you progress in ranking according to your quality as a fighter, not by personal marketing or bullshit you speak on the internet of your opponents - he explained.

Not itching to bet him but if Brooks loses to Firminho he should hang em up.

Why? Firmino almost beat Gaethje. Even after Brooks loses to Bucape he will still be a top 30 fighter I reckon. Bucape was a badass back in the day when he fought in Japan. He isn't old & has greatly improved his skills since then.

He just had a second kid too, so he's gotta push through this. I see what you're saying though. Will's on the other side of 30 now, he's showing vulnerabilities on the ground, and his chin could still be a question if you look back to the first Awad fight - Buscape is dangerous everywhere, though I think his stand-up is more of a threat than his ground in this particular bout.

This is a solid card.

PFL 2 Risk $1661.50

Luiz Firmino (+310) vs Will Brooks $100.00 for $310.00
Luiz Firmino (+305) vs Will Brooks $100.00 for $305.00

Efrain Escudero (+215) vs Jason High $100.00 for $215.00
Efrain Escudero/Jason High Over 2½ (-126) ~$67.50 for ~$53.57

Ramsey Nijem (+295) vs Brian Foster $75.00 for $221.25
Ramsey Nijem (+145) vs Brian Foster $100.00 for $145.00

Kayla Harrison (-260) vs Brittney Elkin $260.00 for $100.00

Ronny Markes (-300) vs Sean O'Connell $300.00 for $100.00

Smealinho Rama (+130) vs Brandon Halsey $100.00 for $130.00
Smealinho Rama (+135) vs Brandon Halsey ~$87.75 for ~$118.46

Robert Watley (-182) vs Thiago Tavares ~$101.25 for ~$55.63

Parlay:
Vinny Magalhaes (-556) vs Jamie Abdallah + Islam Mamadov (-556) vs Yuki Kawana ~$270.00 for ~$105.86

Going 1u each for now and will be watching these lines closely.

1u Firmino @+281
1u Escudero @+208
1u Nijem @+242
Added another unit on Firmino @+285

Last edited:
Alright, I'm home.

Looks like the prelims are still live on Facebook.

Next up is Thiago Tavares vs. Robert Watley.

tavares was my biggest bet on the card. let's hope for a NC!

Back