• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pro Wrestling History Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked SMW. Never had a problem with "Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony. I wasn't a big fan or anything, but he was alright by me. More so than Tony though, i like "Dirty White Girl" Kim Anthony. What a babe she was, and i kinda wonder how she looks these days. I know she's not married to Tony any longer. Anyhow, in looking back now, i dig the more traditional booking that was done in SMW. You can see a contrast in how it was booked compared to how WWF or WCW (or especially ECW) was booked at the time.

Like i said, a babe. :D

04.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited:
Dory Funk Sr. vs Abe "King Kong" Kashey from circa 1947. The video say's it's Al Kashey, but it's his father Abe. Apparently this is the only footage there is of Dory Sr. in a pro wrestling match.

Wasn't Dirty White Girl in Memphis only? I don't really remember her in SMW.

lol I can't remember who it was, but there was a nazi guy who wore a swastika called the Stormtrooper.

lol I can't remember who it was, but there was a nazi guy who wore a swastika called the Stormtrooper.

Just a jobber. Only had a couple of matches in SMW that i remember, against Brian Lee & Dixie Dynamite. Apparently he was the same guy who jobbed in the WWF through the mid-late 90's as Roy Raymond/Raymond Roy.

Some of you might know I run BeltTalk.com

I have been lucky enough to come across and own numerous ring used wrestling belts. I have been taking videos of them to show the current condition.

I've also taken videos of some of the belts in my personal collection. Wrestling and MMA.

I will be getting 3 more historic 1980's belts in later this week, and hope to have videos of them up shortly after.

Thanks
Wrestling Belt Videos on YouTube

Hey Dan, are you still doing releathering? I'll probably get a replica Winged Eagle when they re release it soon (as long as it still has the block WWF).
And how about selling me your NWA tv title? :icon_chee

I don't advertise, but I still do releathering if you email me.

I've had tons of offers on the NWA TV title. Not going to sell it. I've had it 10 years now. Still looks brand new. Even Dave Millican laughed at how well I kept it compared to some other collectors whose belts fall apart after 2 years due to abuse.

If you had the WCW TV title you'd need a nice bin to store it in.

I was referring to Scott Hall trashing the title (literally) on TV :D

Not sure if this promo has been posted before, but it's pretty great.

"I like to ask you beer belly sharecroppers and you spineless cocaroaches, what do I have to do to get some kind of title shot in the WWF? Do I have to call up that idiot President Bush or do I have to petition the Pope?" - Bad News Brown

Tully certainly had it as well. IDK if Arn or Tully held it more often or longer.

Tully certainly had it as well. IDK if Arn or Tully held it more often or longer.

Arn had more reigns and held it more combined days, though that's including after it became known as the WCW World Television Championship. At any rate, i liked Tully more so myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back