Pro Wrestling, Entertaining or Nah?

I've had a WWE Network subscription since 2015. I don't watch the actual wrestling much anymore unless I hear of a great "match". But, I do enjoy the documentaries/behind the scenes stuff that they put out still.

MLW has this faction called Injustice. They use the social justice shit as a cover, but they're cheating lying assholes. Fucking hilarious, these guys are exactly what the War Room right wing sees the left as. They were harassing the people in line when I saw it live, good stuff.
997d4-15757385595998-800.jpg
MLW is relaunching on Wednesday
Cant wait!

I never got into pro wrestling as a kid, but a lot of my friends in adulthood like to be nostalgic about it.

Is it worth watching some of the older eras? Or is it mostly just childhood nostalgia?

I was born in 1980 and started watching pro wrestling when I was around 5 years old. After about a year or so my Dad told me it was fake and it was a worse blow than Santa Claus:D I stopped watching it religiously when I was around 12, but would catch it here and there in the 90's and early 2000's during the attitude era when it was super trashy and awesome.

I'll try to tune in here and there these days, but it's pretty tough to watch tbh. I still like the documentaries, shoot interviews, and shows about the history of it though. From a business standpoint MMA is basically pro wrestling's little brother, so I think any fan of MMA would find the history of pro wrestling fascinating if they were willing to give it a chance.

Last edited:
If you didn't like it as a kid with how good the product was you most likely just do not like pro wrestling

I dip in and out, when i'm in i'm HARD in and then go off for a year and usually accidentally catch Wrestlemania which draws me back in and I go back and watch loads of shit i've seen hundreds of times already. One of the best things i've seen in recent memory is the Nakamura entrance, that got me on board with current WWE a little bit, the dude in general is an absolute legend.

You know how much things have changed in pro wrestling when the entrance and is more entertaining and important than the matches.

You know how much things have changed in pro wrestling when the entrance is more entertaining than the matches.
Yeah that's what I find mostly lol , and even thats been taken away with the no crowds now :(

This shit is also GLORIOUS

I never got into pro wrestling as a kid, but a lot of my friends in adulthood like to be nostalgic about it.

Is it worth watching some of the older eras? Or is it mostly just childhood nostalgia?

Check out the Dark Side of the Ring docu series from Vice, it's fascinating.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back