Pro Cycling Discussion 3: 2024 The Year of Crashes?

Outside of the break I think this is going to end up as a dud much like the extremely hard Tre Cime di Lavaredo stage last year as everyone is pacing safety first.

For me the greatest riders are the instinctive racers. Contador, Nibali, Pogacar. Contador in that ridiculous solo ride in the 2012 Vuelta, Nibali in the 2013 Giro. Pogacar…..

There should be at least 3 mins of respite for riders before they get swarmed by the media.

But there’s nothing like a rider being molested by a reporter shoving a microphone in his face whilst saliva is dribbling down his chin and doing his best not to have a respiratory arrest!

But there’s nothing like a rider being molested by a reporter shoving a microphone in his face whilst saliva is dribbling down his chin and doing his best not to have a respiratory arrest!

LOL @ expecting anything but anarchy in ITaly.

People, please. Just stop <lol>

As for the tour ....

giphy.gif

When are all the mega stars going to fight it out?

Le Tour?
Yeah. It’s a bit weird cause it was billed as the clash of titans.

Then everyone got hurt in the early crashes.

Jonas and remco are both back and training and have been for a few weeks.

So right now I have the following people having targeted the GC

Roglic
Remco
Jonas
Carlos Rodriguez for ineos
David gaudu (looks like shit)
Adam yates
Juan Ayuso
Pogacar
Carapaz
Mas
Tao

WVA was recently confirmed for the tour following his injury that kept him out of the giro in which he was the Gc rider for TJV

I think what’s interesting is the leaders Jonas and pogacar are attending. But I’m really not sure in what capacity kuss, WVA, Ayuso and Yates are riding. All those guys could in their own right command a team for a gc position. So it’s really kind of “wide open”.

We don’t know what roles everyone will be playing. We don’t know what shape all the injured riders are in. And you’ve also got guys like c rod who podiumed last year, and have stayed out of trouble somehow.

It could be very disappointing- but it could also be one of the most stacked rosters for gc.

I don’t have a good idea of the sprint field. There’s SO many sprinters at the giro. I’m not sure if they thought they’d have a better shot topping Milan over phillipsen or what but from where I’m sitting I think Milan is just as tough to take on.

I think C rod is going to surprise some folks. People don’t realize how good he is yet.

Back