Pro Cycling Discussion 3: 2024 The Year of Crashes?

PfVzZb0.png

I started in the bottom 5% but most of my guys are playing out as I was hoping. Regretting the affini and Stuyven picks but otherwise like my team.

Looks like break wont even have a minute starting Prati di Divo.

GNP-EAlXoAAUgTn

2012 | 38:58 | Vincenzo Nibali
2013 | 38:23 | Chris Froome
2021 | 36:07 | Tadej Pogacar
2024 | 36:02 | Alexey Lutsenko

I do wish they would rework these mountain points a bit.

I’d like to see more given out for mid race summits as opposed to doubling the points for finishes. Unfortunately doubling the pts in the middle makes the rest of the field either have to hold on for finishes or consistently finish ahead of the peloton which is difficult and not really about climbing as much as it is race control which is more of a GC component imo.

They are adding this new intermediate category or whatever that literally no one talks about. Yet they have the mountains classification that used to scratch that itch but no one focuses on it because the lead GC guy wins 9/10 times

So much for Martinez having Roglic-like kick to the line.

I kinda like how Pog won by spending the minimum amount of energy to do so, no crazy solo. UAE boys have been whipped pretty hard though, I quess they can rest two days until tuesday lol.
Was expecting a solo tbh. Looking at the distance remaining. I guess no one was really a threat that Pog's just reacted instead of initiating.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Win number 4 for Pogger today? I think so!

Cue whining about UAE hatin’ the break when 15 riders are not able to ride away from Mikkel Bjerg and Domen Novak who by the way looked great again after sluggish start to this Giro

As expected Stelvio is off duo to snow and risk of avalances but stage remains largely the same.

GNirr2NXIAAkgTI

Uitjedebroeks looked like had it gone for few more km's he would have lost minutes.
Sheffield looked good.

Sad I never got to ski, let alone ride, in the Italian alps.
Could’ve easily gone over when my kid was stationed at Eberle for two years but I had no one to take care of my dogs.
While there he rode multiple Giro routes.

Uijtdebroeks abandons due to illness. No wonder he looked like shit yesterday. Looks like the streak of bad luck for Visma just continues as Kooij abandoned the day before.

Uijtdebroeks abandons due to illness. No wonder he looked like shit yesterday. Looks like the streak of bad luck for Visma just continues as Kooij abandoned the day before.
Pog mentioned changing temperature and humidity during the last stage. It will fuck you up in my experience.

Back